Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trying to Setup a First Date

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howie what app(s) did you use?
I tried Tinder and it was such a cesspool, I had to delete after a week or so. I've been on bumble for a few weeks and got one French girl's number but she got flakey. Bumble has got to the point that they give me about 5-10 right swipes a day and cut me off.

The two other numbers I got came Hinge. I get the best results from Hinge.

Getting numbers from from real life has been far more productive than ever before.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My reply to her was, "let's just pick a better time that's certain. I don't wait around for "maybe's". " She understood and has been initiating text conversations for a few days since. Her interest level is not where it needs to be, and mine just took a big plunge. She is likely entertaining multiple men, gets off on the free attention, on her period, I'm not her number one choice, who the hell knows. I'm certain she would go out if I was persistent, but there would be too much song and dance to go thru before she started feeling tingles. Girls like this are always a hassle to date. I have more respect for bar sluts.
What does she do for a living? I really wouldn’t be caring what Peking order you are in until you have sealed the deal twice tbh. You will never be first choice pre sex unless you are her dream guy. Unless this girl is a major sloot with initial impression, I wouldn’t be freaking out over hypergamy.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does she do for a living? I really wouldn’t be caring what Peking order you are in until you have sealed the deal twice tbh. You will never be first choice pre sex unless you are her dream guy. Unless this girl is a major sloot with initial impression, I wouldn’t be freaking out over hypergamy.
Didn't realize I was. Two attempts and I'm out. No big deal. She is a financial fraud analyst, mid level management, team manager.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't realize I was. Two attempts and I'm out. No big deal. She is a financial fraud analyst, mid level management, team manager.
I used to be in that line of work and that job comes with a lot of bullshvt. If she’s one of those older careerist women then I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

RobNeb

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently set up dates with two different girls from online dating that both flaked on first dates:

Girl A texts me 4hours before our date and says she had to go to her job she just quit to pick up some personal belongings and says she couldn't get in the building so she had to go back at a later time and now didn't have time to do all that, drive, and get ready to meet up. She says "I'm sorry, lets do a different day maybe a different place."

I heard a little bit of hesitation in the previous phone call we had to set up the date in regards to the venue I picked as well as her not having enough time but she agreed anyways. There were also some other things I picked up on during the phone call that told me she is a girl that doesn't always think things thru and doesn't know herself very well. She claims she is super "picky" and feels she has a right to be. LMAO Sure thing!

How am I moving forward? She can reach out to me, if she does I'll try and set something up again. If her interest was where it should be, she would have made it happen. If I was Tom Brady or George Clooney, do you think she would have cancelled?

Experience has taught me you can get these girls out, but it usually fizzles out and you end up with no return on investment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Girl B texts me 8hrs before our first date and needs to cancel. She just got a reminder about a hair appointment and they will charge her if she cancels.
She also explains she has other commitments thru out the week and tells me exactly what they are. She then asks me if Friday or Saturday works.
I tell her Friday works.

I think this girls interest is solid. She pointed out that the venue I picked was closer to me than her but she would still meet me. This girl isn't as hot as Girl A but still nice looking. She's got more feminine qualities than Girl A.

Meanwhile I'll keep looking, collecting phone numbers. I approach dating like they do. No big deal if it doesn't work out, and always be entertaining multiple options. Do this and you'll make better choices and the flakes won't bother you much at all.
Good post man. Sounds like familiar territory and let me say theres tons of gals. Sometimes I’ve had a flake and holler back to another number I have stashed. lol And yes, it works! And its a great feeling when you overcome that bs and just move on.