Troubles of being goodlooking and single

Jumpman23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you find it troubling when guys are girls both say you are goodlooking or handsome. i actually do not always like if people say i am good looking, they assume I have girls just lining at my doorstep and the most beautiful girls. Maybe i internalize and assume that i should be dating the most gorgeous girl out there b/c of my looks. My expectations are raised as are other peoples of me.

sometimes being good looking is a crutch/curse.
When I was not dating any body at one time, somebody asked are you gay, cause you know most handsome people are gay. i took defense to that. it happened one other time, this lady wanted to set me up on a blind date as i am waiting in line at barnes and noble, as she proceeded to set me up on a blind date....she said your not gay...As seinfeld says, " not that there is anything wrong with that."
to me looks do not matter, personality is more important

n e body else have this problem.

Last edited:

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just take it this way. When people say you are good looking, they are saying that your looks are not holding you back. It's much better to have your looks working in your favor instead of against you.

PerfectCircle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you just wanted to go on a rant about how good looking you are bud. The advantages of being goodlooking far out weigh the disadvantages. so get over it.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jumpman23 said:
sometimes being good looking is a crutch/curse.
STOP B.ITCHING!!! :nono: don't you realize that NOT being good looking is 100 times more of a "crutch/curse"?

there s 1000+ threads in this forum by whinny guys who are depressed or have super low self esteem because of their nasty looks... and now you whine about your good looks?

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PerfectCircle said:
I think you just wanted to go on a rant about how good looking you are bud. The advantages of being goodlooking far out weigh the disadvantages. so get over it.
Although I agree with you on the pros and cons about goodlooking, I actually know what the OP is talking about. Honestly, theres no way to post a thread like this without sounding like your simply boasting about how goodlooking people say you are. But yea, to the original OP, its like your being pressured to date HB10 right? Like you can pull them each and everytime...

Dilberto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you're dreaming....

Rash

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont like bit*ching but this is my problem 2, when I date a 6/10 girl I dont want my friends or other people to see me with her because I believe that I should be with a 9 or 10, once a girl at work saw me with an average girl she told me that handsome guys always end up with average or ugly girls and yes she hit a sensitive nerve in me!

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never heard of a guy say his good looks are a curse...women, and my close friends no homo, say I'm goodlooking. If they're pressuring you into dating hotter women, isn't that better for you? They're raising your status, and it'll only help you in dating that HB10.

Jumpman23

Don Juan
Reaction score
PerfectCircle said:
its completely to the contrary, cuz its not even in my nature to brag and boast like that, to me its superficial.,

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rash said:
I believe that I should be with a 9 or 10... handsome guys always end up with average or ugly girls
is this the official whinny b.itches thread? If YOU believe that you should be with 9s or 10s then why are you dating 6s? maybe it s time to step up your game

and handsome guys ALWAYS end up wit average/ugly girls? some lame a$$ girl told you that and you actually believed her? oh right, it stuck your "sensitive chord"...

just look around you... how many hot guys are dating ugly girls? and the ones who are have NO game, that s all they can get. I hope that s not the case for you. I am good looking and i ve NEVER f.ucked, let alone dated an ugly/unattractive girl. If that s all you re getting there are serious flaws in your game

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Actually, I find that being good looking helps quite a bit when you don't act arrogant about it. Good looking, down-to-earth people are few and far between in today's society.

Oh, and quit dating ugly chicks. If it makes you feel any better about your future, many psychology studies have shown that people on average end up with someone about the same as them looks-wise. Just throwing that out there.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
STOP B.ITCHING!!! :nono: don't you realize that NOT being good looking is 100 times more of a "crutch/curse"?

there s 1000+ threads in this forum by whinny guys who are depressed or have super low self esteem because of their nasty looks... and now you whine about your good looks?

I see some merit to what he's saying. One downside of being attractive is that you get resentment from less attractive people-both men AND women. the ugly females will do their best to c*ckblock if they know you're interested in someone they know. It's happened to me and it is not good especially if the woman you are going for is friends with the ugly c*ckblock.

People will also make assumptions about you based on your looks and can even start rumors about you which despite your personality to the contrary some folks will continue to believe (the lies, I mean). To that you just have to ignore them and know that better people see through the lies and bull.

And have any of you ever come into a room and guys show anger when you show up? They will suddenly stop talking and if women happen to be there, the guy(s) will either try to change subject or end the convo altogether so that the women who are there won't have a chance to talk to you? It does happen and usually it's AFCs or wannabe AMOGs who do it. So I do think there will always be people who will hate you if you're attractive. And women can be nervous around attractive guys, and even flake because they worry you'll cheat on them.

But being physically attractive is important. It is a sign of vitality and mental fitness, too. Most physically attractive people are more confident than less attractive people (unless you get really REALLY ripped on by haters) and often times physical attractiveness is coupled with intelligence. So it's better to be healthy (ie attractive) than the opposite.

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line is you are better off being an average looking guy with good game then a great looking guy with no game.

knglerxt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jumpman23 said:
it happened one other time, this lady wanted to set me up on a blind date as i am waiting in line at barnes and noble, as she proceeded to set me up on a blind date....she said your not gay...As seinfeld says, " not that there is anything wrong with that."

Did everyone miss this part of his post? Some woman tries to set you up on a blind date while you're standing in line at a bookstore?!! You must look like Brad Pitt or something. I'm a good looking guy, but people don't even say "Hi" to me when I'm in a store much less try to set me up on a date.

Giovanni-DTC

Banned
Reaction score
Women Tests For Attractive Guys

Usually, when you're "the attractive guy" of the group you''ll find yourself under her "test zone". Attractive guys get tests one after another and LOTS more than the average guys.

This is because women afraid to get involve and connect with attractive guys. They just feel they're losing control because "attractive guys" get approach all the time - in one way or another.

Some tests she might say to test you if you're in control:

- Are you gay?
- Is this a pickup line?
- You are such a player.
- How many girls have you been with?

And some of my favorites responses for those tests are:

Test 1:
HER: Are you gay?
YOU: I’m a lesbian trapped in a man’s body.

Test 2:
HER: Is this a pickup line?
YOU: Yes, I’ve practiced it 10 hours in front of the mirror.. but now I don’t like you.

Test 3:
HER: You are such a player.
YOU: Yeah, they taught me that on a seminar.

Test 4:
HER: How many girls have you been with?
YOU: You’re my first… I’m a virgin!
(Even if you are, she won’t believe you. But if you don’t deliver it correctly and she thinks you are saying the truth, add…)
YOU: Actually, I reset my counter last week.

Those are just 4 out of TONS other responses that I have personally included in Mobile Dating Advisor software under the category "Comebacks - Her Tests".

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Giovanni

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BuckwildNYC said:
Bottom line is you are better off being an average looking guy with good game then a great looking guy with no game.
Yea, so quit whining and get some game and you'll be better than all the average guys. Looks and Game will get you farther than you can imagine.

I used to think **** like this before too.. but its just a victim mentality that perpetuates the cycle of AFC-dom. Go to the gym, don't take **** from no-one, and start talking to girls. I can guarantee you're not better looking than me and if i could do it so can you.

The reason women call you gay is not because you're good looking. It's because you're a nice guy who doesn't talk to girls, is shy and you live your life like someone's b1tch.

Berlex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since we're talking about good looking guys, should they tone down the ****y funny? When I get compliments I shoot back asking if they are hitting on me. Sometimes it ends well, sometimes it doesn't.

MrStabAHo

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys sound like good looking guys with no game or leadership skills. Because from what I see the good looking guy isn't looked down upon in the group but LOOKED UP TO.

Beta males trapped inside alpha male bodies???