"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Tricky Situation

seasonedplayer

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 16, 2004
Messages
156
Reaction score
5
Age
49
Location
Sydney
I recently met a chick that has just got out of a long-term relationship. I also believe (not certain) she is currently having a fling with a married man from work.

Anyway, I went on 2 dates with her that went really well but she made it clear that she wasn't interested in something serious at the moment. I ditcher her after that.

Then around 1 month later she called up and I went on another date and she essentially told me 'I like you but give me more more time.' I originally interpreted both instances as outright rejections. However, i actually believe she likes me but is not at a stage where she wants a boyfriend.

Question is now; do I ditch her and hope that she calls me out of the blue in a month or so? Or do I email her from time to time and stay in touch with her occassionally? Do I take her out in a casual way for daytime action date? I am of course conscious of not falling into the 'friend' trap.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

_XT_

Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Location
New Zealand
I had a similar situation to this.
If you like her just go along with it for now if you have no other options, and if things don't look promising after a few weeks, bail!
 

seasonedplayer

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 16, 2004
Messages
156
Reaction score
5
Age
49
Location
Sydney
that's what i've been doing for the last few days. should i keep it casual? daytime action date? what happened in your situation?
 

_XT_

Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Location
New Zealand
Mine didn't work out, we are still friends though. She still calls me once in a blue moon.
Girls want some time after a LTR, she is probably seeing if you are the right guy for her next relationship.
Just keep it casual for now, if she wants to get serious I'm sure she'll let you know.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
This girl has you on reserves - you may be the next pimp in line - do not initiate contact, it would only weaken your position!!!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top