Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Travel Journal - Road trip from Texas to Milwaukee.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm gonna be back on the road again for a couple of days. I thought I would journal my road trip from Texas to Milwaukee here. I'll take some pictures and journal some of the interesting stuff I see in the Midwest. My sister is moving out of Houston, she's a lawyer and we're helping her get settled into her new place.

I live in the very tip of South Texas, so were gonna be headed to Houston first then after that were on our way. Join me in this road trip, it might be fun or it might be interestingly boring....we;ll see how it goes. Cheers.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm gonna be back on the road again for a couple of days. I thought I would journal my road trip from Texas to Milwaukee here. I'll take some pictures and journal some of the interesting stuff I see in the Midwest. My sister is moving out of Houston, she's a lawyer and we're helping her get settled into her new place.

I live in the very tip of South Texas, so were gonna be headed to Houston first then after that were on our way. Join me in this road trip, it might be fun or it might be interestingly boring....we;ll see how it goes. Cheers.
It will be interesting to read the types of weather patterns you'll see and how much the sunshine is out. Safe travels, moving long distance is weirdly tiring. Get your rest breaks in.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It will be interesting to read the types of weather patterns you'll see and how much the sunshine is out. Safe travels, moving long distance is weirdly tiring. Get your rest breaks in.
Keep looking up man, might be able to score yourself some Arcturian Poon Tang.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a bar in Milwaukee called the Safe House that's cool.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay guys, just arrived in Houston and gonna stay here another day to help my sister pack her stuff.

The day started out pretty slow. Woke up, crapped my burrito that I ate last night and packed for the trip. The weather was pretty cloudy with some light rain while we were driving. I live in the Rio Grande Valley which is the southern tip of Texas, so we had to stop by and get checked by the border patrol. Then after that, we made several gas station stops. While we were chilling at the patio area, there was this blonde lady that looked like a hooker and approached me to ask a question. I could not understand what she was saying because she had a fast hillbilly accent. Lol, that was interesting.

We drove a few more hours to Houston. My dad’s choice of music was 70’s and 80’s ballads. Some Kenny Rogers, the songs ‘ Sometimes love aint enough’, ‘ almost paradise’ was played.

We encountered some heavy traffic in Rosenberg, then after that we got to Houston. My sister is just about ready to move out and were gonna put her stuff inside a U Haul.

Dinner time, we tried to eat at a Filipino franchise restaurant called Jollibee. But it was packed and there was no dine in available so we ate at Panda instead. After that, we called it a day.

Houston is a very diverse city. What do you guys think of Houston? When I got here, there were some people waving at me from the sidewalks while driving. Thats weird, Id expect that in Austin, not Houston.

I’ll keep you guys updated.

Attachments

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Okay guys, just arrived in Houston and gonna stay here another day to help my sister pack her stuff.

The day started out pretty slow. Woke up, crapped my burrito that I ate last night and packed for the trip. The weather was pretty cloudy with some light rain while we were driving. I live in the Rio Grande Valley which is the southern tip of Texas, so we had to stop by and get checked by the border patrol. Then after that, we made several gas station stops. While we were chilling at the patio area, there was this blonde lady that looked like a hooker and approached me to ask a question. I could not understand what she was saying because she had a fast hillbilly accent. Lol, that was interesting.

We drove a few more hours to Houston. My dad’s choice of music was 70’s and 80’s ballads. Some Kenny Rogers, the songs ‘ Sometimes love aint enough’, ‘ almost paradise’ was played.

We encountered some heavy traffic in Rosenberg, then after that we got to Houston. My sister is just about ready to move out and were gonna put her stuff inside a U Haul.

Dinner time, we tried to eat at a Filipino franchise restaurant called Jollibee. But it was packed and there was no dine in available so we ate at Panda instead. After that, we called it a day.

Houston is a very diverse city. What do you guys think of Houston? When I got here, there were some people waving at me from the sidewalks while driving. Thats weird, Id expect that in Austin, not Houston.

I’ll keep you guys updated.
Interesting. I forgot how much I liked reading travalogues where the weather and peoples and places and things are mentioned.
One of those Jol libees fast food is here and there's a long drivethrough lineup every time I drive by.
Good start. Do your stretches and do some cardio before moving furniture to get muscles warmed up and circulation flowing good.

I'm always helping people move, I feel like an expert, lol

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is like a text version of those YouTube videos where people travel around the country and film themselves and their surroundings.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay guys, we arrived here at Little Rock yesterday night and were on our way to Memphis, then St. Louis.

I noticed I was not in The Rio Grande Valley anymore when the trees were getting taller and more white people with hillbilly accents in gas stations. One of the themes Ive also noticed is - ‘ which towns are not abiding by the facemask rules?’ . Its like these small towns here in Texas believes Corona is a hoax. We’ll see if anymore towns up north are like this.

It was a long drive to little rock but were here. Nothing to see in the down town area. It seems like a nice drinking town though if you’re into alcohol. Driving and following around a U Haul is tiring man, and we had troubles finding a parking spot for it at the hotel.

My sister is a great driver, though her latin music and motivational new age audios is getting to me.

I’ll keep you guys updated. Cheers.

Attachments

logicallefty

Reaction score
Safe travels Sir. If you take I-55 from St. Louis to Chicago you will be passing through my neck of the woods. Some folks consider where I live part of greater Chiacgoland, but it actually isn't.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well we finally made it to Milwaukee. We made it here last night. It took us about an hour to unload my sister’s stuff. Using a dolly to take to the elevator was a pain in the ass.

Driving through the midwest was a long drive. We took I l-55 north from Arkansas to Missouri, then Illinois then Wisconsin. We stopped by a nice bbq restaurant called LD’s bbq on the way to Milwaukee. We had briskets and potato salads, its not as good as Texas bbq, but it was still pretty delicious.

Today, my sister showed us her lawfirm office with the name Sofie. Honestly, it was pretty empty and looked like its haunted and you would not want to be working there at night.

After that, we went to a park to see Lake Michigan, it looked like a beach instead of a Lake. Then we went to Milwaukee’s Brathouse to eat Wisconsin burger and cheese curds. It was nice.

Then we drove to Chicago and cruised the downtown area for about an hour. I dont know, but I think Id rather live in Chicago than Houston. Theres less traffic and more to see.

Were back in my sister’s apartment, just resting. We go back to Texas tomorrow.

Attachments

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Well we finally made it to Milwaukee. We made it here last night. It took us about an hour to unload my sister’s stuff. Using a dolly to take to the elevator was a pain in the ass.

Driving through the midwest was a long drive. We took I l-55 north from Arkansas to Missouri, then Illinois then Wisconsin. We stopped by a nice bbq restaurant called LD’s bbq on the way to Milwaukee. We had briskets and potato salads, its not as good as Texas bbq, but it was still pretty delicious.

Today, my sister showed us her lawfirm office with the name Sofie. Honestly, it was pretty empty and looked like its haunted and you would not want to be working there at night.

After that, we went to a park to see Lake Michigan, it looked like a beach instead of a Lake. Then we went to Milwaukee’s Brathouse to eat Wisconsin burger and cheese curds. It was nice.

Then we drove to Chicago and cruised the downtown area for about an hour. I dont know, but I think Id rather live in Chicago than Houston. Theres less traffic and more to see.

Were back in my sister’s apartment, just resting. We go back to Texas tomorrow.
Congrats on the successful move!

You had it easy if you had a dolly and an elevator.

I like the bridge pic best. Alot of hd bracing...train bridge?

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Nice pic. Haven't seen one like that before.

I like big builds. Bridges, skyscrapers, towers, ships. Milwaukee has a few tall buildings in the one pic. More old than new?