Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tough guys...

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by joey37

As for people being afraid of black guys? I NEVER HAVE BEEN. Don't believe the baloney you see in Spike Lee movies. Anyone can be a tough guy when they have you outnumbered 10 to 1, which is what most of these clowns do.

I've physically intimidated the fvck out of these pansies in malls.

Lmao.....

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok man....I think some of you got it wrong. When its YOU vs TEN of them...you gotta have a friggin AK or M16 to take them down.

Ahem...now back to the topic.

Ok I'm almost 16. I posted this in the Heatlth and Fitness Section, but no one gave me a reply about age. Thanks for telling me you started when you were 19. I have a few specific questions. Do you need to be flexible to do that? I took karate as a kid and we had to bend our legs a nd stuff and now I'm not as flexible...hell I'm just plain not flexible. OK, I read some stuff about boxing. Is boxing good? I'm thinking of taking boxing and some judo or the pressure point stuff (press their neck and they can't move). I'm basically not very provoking and its always others who try to push me and get me fired up. I'm interested in self-defense....they attack, I stop them. The End. Boxing...hmm, who knows boxing here? How useful is it in the real world? I realize I gotta defend myself first in thie dangerous world before handling me AND a woman. So...please help me.

YukiNakai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by white_hype
oh and for the guy who said do judo causae you can throw them 5 feet... i wouldnt recommend it... i tried judo at my uni and went against a brown belt (in judo, supposedly takes years and years to get) when i had only done 2 months of bjj 2 months before this... so i was very rusty...

we grappled on the ground (sparred) and within 4mins i had his back and was about to submit him but time was up and they switched partners (wtf that judo class was so weak that they barley let you sparr) and i was completely dominating him the whole time... we sparred some more the next class and when i went to armbar a guy the instructor says nice armbar but i dont want beginners doing finishes yet... WTF

imo judo is only good for learning THROWS when wrestling/greco roman can easily teach you that and possibly more effective ones for street fighting
The USA is notoriously weak in judo. So your average judo player won't be so good. Yeah bragging about beating a small fish in a small pond.

So throws are useless? Do people wear singlets and sport oil all other their bodies? I don't intend to fight anyone wearing speedos. BTW Judo guys train more on the ground than BJJ whose fearsome arsenal is nothing more that a lame judo sacrifice throw attempt.

Judo isn't useless. Ask Renzo, Royler and many many other BJJ black belts who are also judo black belts.

Isn't BJJ known to train mostly gi? Unless you train with strikes, then it is no different than sport judo.

Last edited:

YukiNakai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
First off judo is very weak. Its extremely limited, and most of the judo guys nowadays have incorporated BJJ into judo. Secondly, it doesn't matter what art/style or how tuff you are, you can't fight multiple opponents. If its multiple people, your best weapon is a good set of running legs, cause thats what you gotta do, run. Third, Im glad to see Im not the only BJJ guy here. Those who have done it know what Im talking about. :) . its like a secret society, just like this site. :)
Weak? How long have you been training in judo to make such assessment?

They practice virtually the same techniques as BJJ! Armlocks, triangles, mount side mount, rear naked chokes. Those techniques alone are more than enough to put someone who doesn't know anything out of commission. Judo guys may not be as methodical but hey against your average shmoe that is more than enough. Basics are what works in Self defense. Judo teaches just that.

Extremely limited? We train on the ground more than BJJ guys train standing. Have fun butt flopping and working that inverted Roleta guard while he is pounding away at you. Yeah that is so street effective. Most BJJ guys have a tendency to jump to their backs. That's how they train. The way you train is the way you will fight.

Just watch Royce fight sakuraba. Anytime Sak would try to trade punches with Royce he would jump to his back. Is that what you want to do on the street?

How do you know that judo guys incorporate BJJ? Have you trained with judo guys to know. What dojo? Who are they?

Some parts of the world have never of heard of it. Hell even in some parts of Brazil, people don't know who the Gracies are.

BJJ isn't that popular. Don't let Rorion Gracie fool you otherwise.

That said I like BJJ. In fact I used to train in it but had to stop because it was too expensive. It is an effective style that complements any other style.

It's true that running is your best bet however in some cases when you can't and you are cornered knowing a couple of moves here and there would help.

When you have 3 guys against you alone, I don't think BJJ is any more better than judo. BJJ is sport just as judo is.

I will stop now as this is not a martial arts forum. Reply if you will I am done with this thread.

Last edited:

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by YukiNakai
The USA is notoriously weak in judo. So your average judo player won't be so good. Yeah bragging about beating a small fish in a small pond.

So throws are useless? Do people wear singlets and sport oil all other their bodies? I don't intend to fight anyone wearing speedos. BTW Judo guys train more on the ground than BJJ whose fearsome arsenal is nothing more that a lame judo sacrifice throw attempt.

Judo isn't useless. Ask Renzo, Royler and many many other BJJ black belts who are also judo black belts.

Isn't BJJ known to train mostly gi? Unless you train with strikes, then it is no different than sport judo.
dam you are an idiot

first of all i train in submission grappling (we learn a lot of greco roman/wrestling/judo/bjj/street fighting/nhb type stuff, its a mix from a teacher who has a black belt in virtually every art and has been training for ~14 years... he is incredible)

2- we have a lot of guys who have done judo in the class and say that they only really learned throws... they got on the mat with us and were destoryed (even vs the white belts and the judo guys were much more experienced) i dont know what kinda judo you do but the one at UT is a joke

3-id rather learn bjj than judo b/c most fights go the ground... judo only really teaches how to throw people to the ground/hold side control and basic finishes, true this will be good vs most ppl who know nothing, but what about the high school wrestler? he can easily take you down first (i have HEARD MANY cases where a werstler gets a double leg or single leg on a judo guy) then what? EXACTLY

4- in judo you dont learn grappling till you get your basic throwing fundamentals down... not good (i think ground fighting is more important)

5-gi training in any form is stupid (my opinion) but can be usful if the guy is has a collar/tight shirt

6- youre right about bjj being weak on throws but thats why you NEED to cross train (either judo/greco roman/wrestling) whatever, just learn 3-4 basic takedowns and you should be ok

7- no art would be good vs multiple opponents, everyone knows this, your best bet is to RUN/get help or throw a few punches and RUN

8- bjj incorporated/expaned/improved judo grappling moves, dont talk unless you know... but who gives a sh1t where it stemed from
i could go on and on but its pointless

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
white hype,
its obvious this guy is a moron who doesn't even know what he is talking about. I wasn't even gonna respond, but thanks for doing so for me. Yuki, judo is weak without BJJ incorporated. Sak is a BJJ guy as much if not more than a judo guy. Judo only guys are VERY weak. Im a blue belt in BJJ, and I rutienly DESTROY judo black belts. DESTROY. There not even in my league. Whatever. Anyways. ;)