Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Touching on OLD again

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your general view of OLD is negative / “it doesn’t work” that’s completely fine, but I would kindly ask that you refrain from commenting on the post.

Guys, after about 8-10 years away from OLD (had immense success back then, but appreciate that times have changed), I am about to get back on OLD again. I’ve exhausted my social circle and the hook-ups I could get by having old FWB / friends set me up are running thin as I had my aggressive rebound run over the past two months.

I would highly appreciate some tips and advice from our guys that are seeing good results and enjoying the OLD process. Apart from good pictures, what did you do to materially improve your OLD hit rate?
Was it getting in shape (sub certain BF)?
Was it suggesting a certain type of date?
Waiting X amounts of messages until suggesting a date.

Very keen to get your inputs while I wait for my photographer friend to free up some time for pictures.

Am actually very excited to start it again and go on - hopefully - a lot of dates with random girls. For context, I live in a city with a population of about ~10 million.

M

member160292

I'm prepping to be on my best shape and game. It's going to be about a month before I get there so I'm not on any apps right now. Sure I might miss out on a few windows, but OLD is a warzone.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who did well on OLD with pretty **** pics (just used whatever I had) but a handsome face;

Get them off the app to WhatsApp after a few msgs of banter
Send voice notes confidently and be funny
Don't drag out interactions, I let them know I work long hours
Schedule drinks date and show up

Some people say to use the phone to set up dates only, sometimes that works, I prefer to build up sexual tension and attraction with voice notes and a call before the date. That is how I close on first dates, the background comfort work has already been done. I just show up, continue the energy I had over the phone/whatsapp and we are already on date 2-3 by the time we've had our first round of drinks on date 1.

Don't be messaging "good morning" or "good night", "x" "lol" or any nonsense.

I always ask "are you gonna be wearing something sexy" or something like that before first date so she knows this isn't a gay coffee date and walk in the park.

Good luck.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Last time I was single I just kept doing the same thing and it worked for me. Gonna copy paste, hope it helps:

What recently worked for me was focusing on doing stuff I actually enjoy, while triple booking with OLD matches the same date, time, and place to come and join me.

If none of them cancelled, I would go out with the hottest one and I would make something up to flake on the other girls. My main focus was enjoying the actual date more than the girl herself.

Btw, I dunno if Murphys law or what, but when I singled book, the girl would sometimes flake. When triple booking, none would cancel and I had to flake on the other girls.

I would invite them to a restaurant I was actually craving for, or to watch the latest blockbuster I actually wanted to see. I believe that being focus on enojying the actual date would give off the abundance mindset instead of neediness or scarcity mindset and girls would somehow sense it and they loved it.

Texting was nothing special. No PUA tricks.

Text One: "Hey girl. How´s ur weekend going?" When matching during weekend. If matching Monday/Tuesday it was "Hey girl. How was your weekend?". If matching Wednesday/Thursday "Hey girl. Any cool plans for the upcoming weekend?"
Her: Bla bla bla

Next text: "Cool. What do you enjoy doing with your free time?"
Her: bla bla bla

If we have suff in common:

"Looks like we have a lot in common. Im craving my favorite sushi place, wanna meet 5:30ish pm next saturday?" Maybe Im implying that since we have stuff in common I wanna get to know her better.

If we dont have that much in common:

"I live in X city by Y mall. Anything interesting near your house?"
Her: Bla bla bla
"My favorite Burger place is very close to your house. Wanna meet Next saturday evening and grab a bite?"

If there was a new movie I actually wanted to see.
"I wanna watch the new Marvel movie. Lets go on day 1 to avoid spoilers. My favorite movie place has a show at 6pm"

No long texts. No double texting. No over-talking or over-sharing. STFU, Keep it simple and more or less mirror her response time.

Reactions: RBK

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did well on Tinder. But got off it before the Pandemic. Not sure any advice would be all that relevant anymore.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction score
OLD is pretty easy, just a bunch of pill swallowers that will do anything for content views hating on it lol.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad to hear the consensus is actually that it isn’t too bad. Either way. Will give it a go in about a month and post my experience.

Might even do a little journal!

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Get them off the app to WhatsApp after a few msgs of banter
I get why you want to move her off quickly, to keep her attention off the app, etc, and put you in another category. But why Whatsapp specifically? It's no different than texting, you have to get her to give you her number, so it's not more anonymous than texting - are there features in Whatsapp that you use that make it better than texting?

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tinder is a warzone now compared to a couple years ago, tons of fatties and catfish. Better off on Hinge and Bumble.

Expect flakes.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get why you want to move her off quickly, to keep her attention off the app, etc, and put you in another category. But why Whatsapp specifically? It's no different than texting, you have to get her to give you her number, so it's not more anonymous than texting - are there features in Whatsapp that you use that make it better than texting?
For the voice note function and the fact talking over whatsapp is more normal to me.

When in Miami/US in general I only use bumble as you can send voicenotes, once they hear my London accent they all want to meet with minimal qualification.

Here in the UK my voice carries less weight but you can still hear I'm confident and funny which makes securing the women much easier, they lower their defences once they see you're a sane confident guy.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Ahh yes leveraging the imperial accent, good on ya!

Here in the US polls have been conducted and the lionshare of Americans tend to think men with imperial accents are more intelligent - do t worry I won’t tell them the truth.

For the voice note function and the fact talking over whatsapp is more normal to me.

When in Miami/US in general I only use bumble as you can send voicenotes, once they hear my London accent they all want to meet with minimal qualification.

Here in the UK my voice carries less weight but you can still hear I'm confident and funny which makes securing the women much easier, they lower their defences once they see you're a sane confident guy.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Maybe it s location thing? No one I know irl uses regular cell phone text, everyone uses whatsapp

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh yes leveraging the imperial accent, good on ya!

Here in the US polls have been conducted and the lionshare of Americans tend to think men with imperial accents are more intelligent - do t worry I won’t tell them the truth.
Haha I'm very well-spoken, I get called "posh" despite growing up in the inner East London ghetto. My accent since has always been completely different from my surroundings (rough/slang).

GhostApe

Don Juan
Reaction score
It can work - and in my experience it has, many times - but you're going to tend to end up with a lower batting average unless you put a lot of effort into your profile (photos, bio, etc).

Women may not be able to as cruelly reject you online as they can in person, but it's more effort "hooking" them, on account of flakiness.

Even if those conditions are met, you're still dealing with women whose league you're well out of - and are working in an artificially inflated market where women think they're hotter than they are, because there are more men than women in OLD.

That being said, and in spite of those things, you do have the certitude, once you hit the "hook"-point, that she's interested, invested and willing to sleep with you. Pretty much anytime the conversation picked up momentum with a woman I matched, it resulted in a sexual outcome.