too much whey powder?

Reaction score
one experienced bodybuilder at my gym told me that your body can only absorp 2-3 scoops of protein per day...after that you just **** it out...can anyone confirm this?

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I imagine your body doesnt know the difference between that, and any other protein source.

dont quote me though...

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
an amino acid is an amino acid, no matter where it comes from.

Now i've heard that people can't absorb too much total protien per day, i have no idea how much that is though.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow that guy must have been an idiot. Here is what you do:

Tell him you have discovered the ancient mass gaining exercise that promises to boost your muscle gain 25% in 3 sets.

Load up 400lbs on a bench press. Tell him he needs to go exactly 2.3 inches down for 7 reps. Tell him you will spot him so he is ok.

Now, when he gets set and lifts that first rep and goes down 2.3 inches, put your hands on the bar and press down as hard as you can. Ideally you want to land the bar on his neck, preferably where his jugular is located.

At this point he will loudly question your helping methods, but reassure him that this is the exact way of achieving the great power. Look him in the eyes and say "Prepare for your destiny!"

Push harder.
Harder.
Good.

When his arms go limp and you see his eyes rolling back, you have successfully completed the mission. Congratulate yourself and go have a refreshing glass of lemonade.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My turn now...

Wow, he sure is an idiot....

Tell him you've discovered this new ab excersise that will give you a 6 pack in days, but you have to work out strictly in grave yards. Invite him to the nearest cemetary, and tell him the first thing he needs to do is warm up a little, and stretch... as he's doin his stretching excersises, hit him over the head repeatedly with a damn shovel. As he lays there, barely breathing, dig a hole in the ground, as this will be his grave. Now, put a tu-tu on him, and place your foot on his neck and reassure him that this is the exact way of achieving the great abs. Look him in the eyes and say "Prepare for your destiny!"
Now throw him in the grave, and bury him, letting out an evil laugh every so often. Pat the dirt down tight, and then proceed to urinate on the grave. Remember to wash and dry your hands afterwards. Once you are done...

Congratulate yourself and go have a refreshing glass of lemonade.

wtf Oxide?! ...you getting into the holiday spirit already?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theory of knowledge said:
one experienced bodybuilder at my gym told me that your body can only absorp 2-3 scoops of protein per day...after that you just **** it out...can anyone confirm this?
I feel I must question his experience.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is about ranges. Too much of something is bad for you, too little is bad for you. Like everyone said, if all you had was whey, I guess that's fine, but there's better ways to get your protein (like red meat, eggs) than supplements. There are so many things we don't know about food today, that who knows if we find out that eating only meat will gain your 25% more lbs because your testerone will go through the roof than those that take their whey protein. Basically always pick real food over supplements.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bling said:
Life is about ranges. Too much of something is bad for you, too little is bad for you. Like everyone said, if all you had was whey, I guess that's fine, but there's better ways to get your protein (like red meat, eggs) than supplements. There are so many things we don't know about food today, that who knows if we find out that eating only meat will gain your 25% more lbs because your testerone will go through the roof than those that take their whey protein. Basically always pick real food over supplements.
whey is a real food

Reaction score
so if i go camping, or go on a field survival course with army bootcamp, and having basicly nothing to eat...its alrite to drink 10 scoops of protein powder a day?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theory of knowledge said:
so if i go camping, or go on a field survival course with army bootcamp, and having basicly nothing to eat...its alrite to drink 10 scoops of protein powder a day?
that's what I'd do. I'd also take in peanut butter and oat/protein bars and hard-boiled eggs. you MUST add fat and fibrous carbs to the protein powder to slow the digestion.

10 scoops of protein is about 300g protein. you could get that from eating 3lbs of meat a day, so there's nothing wrong with it.