Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too many men vainly take credit for a woman's high-interest, to their own peril

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something I see a lot from guys having girl problems, or recent red-pill converts is a lack of awareness of of how women can project their desire onto a man and how a man will often choose to take this as a reflection of himself. Both men and women do this, but because I'm providing guidance for men, I'll focus on the dynamic of how it looks when a woman does this to man and what to do about it. What got me thinking about this was the brain chemicals thread, but it tied together a lot of common complaints we see here:

1. She dumped me out of nowhere
2. She seemed SO in love with me and it happened so quickly - everything was perfect! We were meant for eachother!
3. How can someone go from "I love you" and meeting her parents to dismissing me in just one day
4. My feelings for her were SO strong. I just want her back - what can I do to get her back
5. How can she get with another guy so soon after me? It just doesn't make sense
6. She is the one!

The TL;DR story is: Don't kid yourself and be vain thinking a woman's immediate high interest actually has ANYTHING to do with you. Be aware, see it for what it is, and don't allow this false reality to flood your brain with love chemicals over something that really isn't there to begin with, because easy come, easy go. Women who fall in love (or infatuation) quickly, fall out just as quickly and will leave you hanging in the wind, feeling like you got hit by a bus, if you don't regulate yourself and see reality.

Just like there are needy men (and many of them), there are many needy women and a needy woman will most often project her needs onto you by making you feel like you are the the person she's always been looking for, and making you feel incredibly special. We all want to believe we are special, and a woman can be an expert at making you believe she really sees you for how you want to be seen. "Finally! A woman who really recognizes my value and how awesome and amazing I am!" While you may be amazing (if you have been WORKING on being amazing), more than likely, especially if these feelings she is directing at you came on really fast, she is simply projecting her desire onto you. It isn't YOU she wants. She doesn't even really know you yet. No, your awesomeness isn't so great that after just 4-8 weeks she's seen enough of it that she's hooked.

No, you are simply a warm body that she is projecting her fantasy onto. Even if she is telling you things she likes about you, these things are not what is causing her feelings - her statement is merely a side-effect of the flood of brain chemicals she is experiencing. The feeling comes first and the statements and actions of adoration come as a result.

Not all women are like this of course. But if things come on really hot and heavy with a woman very early on, it is a serious red flag that this could be happening. As a man, it is in your best interest to RECOGNIZE it is happening and not assume this has anything to do with you. This will keep your emotions in check and keep you acting like the man you are supposed to be. Because once you get flooded by the brain chemicals, you start saying and doing stupid sh*t that is not in your best interest. Some of that stupid sh*t will drive the girl away, but that's actually the least of your problems when the chemicals take over. The bigger problems for you are the life decisions you make while under the influence, followed by the negative effects on your life that come with the intense mind-shattering low that will follow getting dumped while riding high on the chemicals.

True feelings and true appreciation take time to develop. You can have fun and enjoy a girl's company but you should not wear your heart on your sleeve, and you should be reserved about any aspirations of long-term relationships with a girl. Instead of trying to find reasons why this is the perfect girl for you, you should be carefully screening her and really paying attention to red flags. You do this by following a lot of the core advice mentioned around here:
1. Focus on seeing her in moderation, about once a week. You should be genuinely busy with your awesome life and friends the rest of the time. Do NOT scale back your life to fit more time with her into it.
2. Enjoy the moments you are with her but when your date comes to an end, focus on your life and be present in your life, do not be mentally "with her"
3. Have awesome sex. Lots of it.

And my point of this thread is to add #4 which is to not believe her quick high-interest and love-bombing has anything to do with you, and keep your emotions in check accordingly. If she truly feels strongly for you, it will last many months. There is no rush. Be patient. Screen her. Stay grounded.

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Love bombing and quick high interest is a red flag for a cluster B personality disorder. I got burnt by this once which led me to finding Rollo’s books. The highs from the emotional roller coaster feel so good which leaves you chasing for more. In turn this actually drives away the girl. It never ends well. It messes with your dopamine system just like heroin. You can overcome the addiction, but you are always going to remember the girl and how good she made you feel.

The takeaway is learn to recognize signs of Cluster B PDs and avoid.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Something I see a lot from guys having girl problems, or recent red-pill converts is a lack of awareness of of how women can project their desire onto a man and how a man will often choose to take this as a reflection of himself. Both men and women do this, but because I'm providing guidance for men, I'll focus on the dynamic of how it looks when a woman does this to man and what to do about it. What got me thinking about this was the brain chemicals thread, but it tied together a lot of common complaints we see here:

2. She seemed SO in love with me and it happened so quickly - everything was perfect! We were meant for eachother!
3. How can someone go from "I love you" and meeting her parents to dismissing me in just one day
4. My feelings for her were SO strong. I just want her back - what can I do to get her back
5. How can she get with another guy so soon after me? It just doesn't make sense
6. She is the one!

The TL;DR story is: Don't kid yourself and be vain thinking a woman's immediate high interest actually has ANYTHING to do with you. Be aware, see it for what it is, and don't allow this false reality to flood your brain with love chemicals over something that really isn't there to begin with, because easy come, easy go. Women who fall in love (or infatuation) quickly, fall out just as quickly and will leave you hanging in the wind, feeling like you got hit by a bus, if you don't regulate yourself and see reality.

Just like there are needy men (and many of them), there are many needy women and a needy woman will most often project her needs onto you by making you feel like you are the the person she's always been looking for, and making you feel incredibly special. We all want to believe we are special, and a woman can be an expert at making you believe she really sees you for how you want to be seen. "Finally! A woman who really recognizes my value and how awesome and amazing I am!" While you may be amazing (if you have been WORKING on being amazing), more than likely, especially if these feelings she is directing at you came on really fast, she is simply projecting her desire onto you. It isn't YOU she wants. She doesn't even really know you yet. No, your awesomeness isn't so great that after just 4-8 weeks she's seen enough of it that she's hooked.

No, you are simply a warm body that she is projecting her fantasy onto. Even if she is telling you things she likes about you, these things are not what is causing her feelings - her statement is merely a side-effect of the flood of brain chemicals she is experiencing. The feeling comes first and the statements and actions of adoration come as a result.

Not all women are like this of course. But if things come on really hot and heavy with a woman very early on, it is a serious red flag that this could be happening. As a man, it is in your best interest to RECOGNIZE it is happening and not assume this has anything to do with you. This will keep your emotions in check and keep you acting like the man you are supposed to be. Because once you get flooded by the brain chemicals, you start saying and doing stupid sh*t that is not in your best interest. Some of that stupid sh*t will drive the girl away, but that's actually the least of your problems when the chemicals take over. The bigger problems for you are the life decisions you make while under the influence, followed by the negative effects on your life that come with the intense mind-shattering low that will follow getting dumped while riding high on the chemicals.

True feelings and true appreciation take time to develop. You can have fun and enjoy a girl's company but you should not wear your heart on your sleeve, and you should be reserved about any aspirations of long-term relationships with a girl. Instead of trying to find reasons why this is the perfect girl for you, you should be carefully screening her and really paying attention to red flags. You do this by following a lot of the core advice mentioned around here:
1. Focus on seeing her in moderation, about once a week. You should be genuinely busy with your awesome life and friends the rest of the time. Do NOT scale back your life to fit more time with her into it.
2. Enjoy the moments you are with her but when your date comes to an end, focus on your life and be present in your life, do not be mentally "with her"

And my point of this thread is to add #4 which is to not believe her quick high-interest and love-bombing has anything to do with you, and keep your emotions in check accordingly. If she truly feels strongly for you, it will last many months. There is no rush. Be patient. Screen her. Stay grounded.
I have been guilty of this. I think the only way to resist falling for this trap is experience.

What I've noticed is that most of the girls who have done this to me have had some sort of mental issues. Things like daddy issues, victim of abuse, self harm etc. Dating them caused me a lot of headaches.

Now I consider love bombing a giant red flag that the girl im dealing with is a total nutcase.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m going to tell you guys something that no one anywhere will ever tell you. When you lose interest in a woman, there’s a lag. Your feelings are competing with your idealism. Your real feelings are telling you to move on. But your idealism is telling you it can be saved.

Women have no such thing. They are so in touch with their emotions that they can fall in And out of love with you in real time.

The problem has never been women. It has always been men’s idealism. A lot of men are hopeless romantics. That’s why men get screwed over so much in divorce court.

A woman always knows when it’s over. There is no buffer. There is no lag. It happens in real time.

Anyone whos ever been in a club knows a woman’s attraction fluctuates. It literally fluctuates based on your own internal dominance.

They don’t owe you anything. As soon as you lose frame, they will ghost. And if you give them the whole enchilada, they will take all of your money. Because at that point it’s not even personal anymore. It’s just business.

In a sense, they are fvcking you over for your own good. So that you will grow some balls and gain some self respect and rid yourself of your stupid romantic idealism.

Women are only doing to you what you already did to yourself, which is screwing your self over by being a pathetic romantic idealist.
Interesting perspective.

I still don't understand why men are the romantic idealists. In society romantic novels and movies are constantly targeted to women, not men. Why are women not romantically idealistic?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting perspective.

I still don't understand why men are the romantic idealists. In society romantic novels and movies are constantly targeted to women, not men. Why are women not romantically idealistic?
Just a theory: The "why" may be Freudian. A man who's a romantic idealist (blue pill) fantasizes that a woman will take care of him like a mother, but of course be his little wh0re in the bedroom. These men usually haven't developed or matured to a point where they understand they don't need a woman for anything.

And they don't put the wh0rish stuff in fairy tales and rom coms. A lot of that stuff was written by men, until recently. I'll bet if you research it, you'd find that the more recent movies and stories written by females are less idealistic. Two recent examples are Fifty Shades of Grey and Sex & The City. I've never seen the former but in the latter I at least know that the heroine chooses the rich, c0cky alpha Mr. Big in the end of the series.

However, women/girls will CONSUME idealist romantic content because of the old "say one thing / do another" dichotomy, part of the anti-slvt defense etc. etc.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a theory: The "why" may be Freudian. A man who's a romantic idealist (blue pill) fantasizes that a woman will take care of him like a mother, but of course be his little wh0re in the bedroom. These men usually haven't developed or matured to a point where they understand they don't need a woman for anything.

And they don't put the wh0rish stuff in fairy tales and rom coms. A lot of that stuff was written by men, until recently. I'll bet if you research it, you'd find that the more recent movies and stories written by females are less idealistic. Two recent examples are Fifty Shades of Grey and Sex & The City. I've never seen the former but in the latter I at least know that the heroine chooses the rich, c0cky alpha Mr. Big in the end of the series.

However, women/girls will CONSUME idealist romantic content because of the old "say one thing / do another" dichotomy, part of the anti-slvt defense etc. etc.
I'm completely with you on the point about movies directed by women are less blue pill and represent a more realistic representation of male female dynamics. I think although women deep down know that blue pill moves like the notebook are unrealistic, they will still love the movie due to how wholesome and emotional it is.

As for why men are more idealistic, I would like to add another point that most men buy into the idea that most women get easily attached, and as a result will never leave their man. This is especially true if the man perceives his girl to be the stereotypical "good girl" type. This is an unrealistic idea that has been pushed by media, and our parents too. It is representative of old dating rituals of the 1950s, and not recent ones where women are free to do or date whoever whenever they want.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been guilty of this. I think the only way to resist falling for this trap is experience.

What I've noticed is that most of the girls who have done this to me have had some sort of mental issues. Things like daddy issues, victim of abuse, self harm etc. Dating them caused me a lot of headaches.

Now I consider love bombing a giant red flag that the girl im dealing with is a total nutcase.
Same here, and the experiences I have had over the years lead me to write this post because I see a lot of others going through the same thing but seeming to still struggle with interpreting the experience in a way that will help them grow.

I think although women deep down know that blue pill moves like the notebook are unrealistic, they will still love the movie due to how wholesome and emotional it is.
I'm not even sure if they know this "deep down" because they are so much more emotion-based. When they watch the movie, they aren't logically thinking about it and what they would do in the situation. The movie for them is a circus ride: The dialogue, music, character development, cinematography..... everything is designed to allow them to turn their brain off and simply EXPERIENCE emotions. The movie is feeding them emotions - giving them an emotional journey. Whatever they character is experiencing is what they experience. But that doesn't mean if they were in the same situation in real-life, they would personally experience the same emotions (in fact, they usually would experience the OPPOSITE emotions in real life if it's a hollywood movie). I think this is also part of the reason why it's not just men who are brainwashed into thinking what they really want is something different from what they actually respond to. Women are brainwashed too.

In a sense, they are fvcking you over for your own good. So that you will grow some balls and gain some self respect and rid yourself of your stupid romantic idealism.

Women are only doing to you what you already did to yourself, which is screwing your self over by being a pathetic romantic idealist.
Two things I really value this community for:
1. It helps men understand the truth behind male-female dynamics (and in many cases, any interpersonal dynamics) so they can become better men and become happy
2. Some members take it a step further by helping men re-frame a situation so that they can see the positive aspects in it, instead of becoming depressed by it and going the INCEL route.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a theory: The "why" may be Freudian. A man who's a romantic idealist (blue pill) fantasizes that a woman will take care of him like a mother, but of course be his little wh0re in the bedroom.
Even to me this comes across as pathetic, if I was a woman and found out or suspected this, I would lose all respect for the man immediately. As women themselves say.... women want men, not boys.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even to me this comes across as pathetic, if I was a woman and found out or suspected this, I would lose all respect for the man immediately. As women themselves say.... women want men, not boys.
I think a lot of women sense it but yes, they lose respect for men like this. Unless they're in societies where it's expected that a guy go from mom to wife, and the women are expected to play house immediately.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.

A common theme I see from blindsided or confused men is that they will project their opinions or feelings on to the woman they were seeing.

1. WE had a great time.
  2. SHE loved our first few dates.
  3. WE had great sex.
  4. SHE is not like that.
  5. SHE is confused.
  6. SHE really loves me.
  7. WE are so aligned with eachother.
Men don't know these things and absolutely need to stop assigning these feelings onto the women in question.
I agree.

The only time where I would excuse a guy for doing this is when he was dealing with a girl who's highly manipulative. A girl who can act well can make you feel good, and convince you she feels the same.

Over the years I have developed my ability to sense if someone is being fake or not, but when I was younger I didn't have a clue.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a theory: The "why" may be Freudian. A man who's a romantic idealist (blue pill) fantasizes that a woman will take care of him like a mother, but of course be his little wh0re in the bedroom.
That explains why most White guys prefer Asian women. White women don't put up with that nonsense like Asian women do.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

6. She is the one!

The really sad thing I run into, being a bit older than most on SS, are guys in their 40's and 50's who STILL do this.

I have a couple friends who are neon-flashing-strobe-light-blue-pill. I mean they are really good guys, but absolutely 100% beyond hope romantically. They still think everything is a Disney movie. Two that come to mind, P is 55 and J is 52. I've gingerly tried to talk some sense into them but they are so far gone, it just doesn't sink in. So I idly sit back, and watch their boats sink time and again. I could go into detail, and it would blow your mind, what these guys do.

I think 98% by default are blue pill. Doc Love calls/called the other guys The 1%'ers or "Naturals." It's what we're taught and to promote the survival of our species we are wired to mate with and protect and provide for our female partner. But this isn't 5000 B.C. anymore. Women, and men, have choices and we've evolved. What hasn't is our DNA and wiring. Until you get burned a few times, step back and say, "Ok, what am I doing wrong?", things don't change. If I had to estimate, I would say only 10% of all guys really get women; what they’re attracted to, turned off by, motivated by, etc. So keep this in mind the next time some dude hits on your woman or whatever. I usually sit back, laugh, and watch him dance all over his d*ick with golf shoes. If a woman I was with ever wanted to leave me for a bona fide beta male, more power to her. She did me a favor. 90% the time the phone rings 3 months later, and it's her. And I'm long gone.

Fight the good fight men and remember your job is never over. ALWAYS keep seeking knowledge, grow, and improve. It's not the mythical quantum leap, but the small incremental daily changes you make that build character. Think 1% per day.

As Aerosmith sings, "You need to lose before you know how to win."

My thoughts for today.

Ciao,

~Dash~

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

6. She is the one!

This is a righteous post.....

In regards to interpersonal relationships, women are far more intelligent, cunning and ruthless than men....they evolved that way....

....it is men who are the gullible, hopeless romantics that usually end up getting played in the dating market....

.....this is because the white knight complex is written into men's DNA through evolution as a way to protect the family unit....

....unfortunately the white knight complex is a hindrance in the modern dating market as women view it as a weakness.....

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just another thought: It seems like most men expect to find a woman, fall in love, and have that part of their life taken care of so they can put it on cruise control and focus on other stuff.

I don't know if it's natural or programmed, but I do think men like well-oiled machines and systems that hum along, and if there's a problem they can fix it like anything else.

Of course women and relationships are not like that, really life isn't, and guys get frustrated and never learn because women are doing things that they see as unpredictable.

What they don't get is that the less mind they pay to it, the better it functions. But because of their projections and fantasies, they see problems that aren't really there. Like the man said, 99 problems but a bytch ain't one.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What matters for a woman is what a man can do for her today. The past means nothing to her.

Women are just like society.
Women only care about what value you can provide in the present, so does society. Women care about a man’s image, value, usefulness, money, so does society. Women do not care about your emotions, so does society.

As long as a man keeps his emotions to himself and provides value to a woman (just like society), he will be successful.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get some mileage with a high-interest women, then you may make some memories with her that will outlast the relationship, (sometimes that's not a good thing to be flooded with memories from something that didn't work out because that sort of leaves a hole in the gut and can be sort of jarring, however, I think that's offset by having a life bucket-list purged out).

For example, going to places in the city that you wouldn't normally go to by yourself, like an aquarium or stage play or something just out of the ordinary. Just haven't tried horseback riding alongside with a high-interest woman yet. But then again, you save money when you are not dating.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take no pride in the game at all, I've found it's mostly about looks and status. If they like your look it becomes easy. If not, its difficult. Nothing to take pride in really.
Man this is some pretty depressive stuff compared to the optimism there was in the internet's PUA days when anything was possible. Would you always have said this? Maybe it's my skewed awareness but you seem to have changed somewhat lately.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am noticing more interest from women RIGHT AFTER Valentines Day (the 14th). Here it is the 16th and there's scoping or prospecting for d!ck, MY d!ck, today (at a grocery store with a batty vegetarian store clerk) and yesterday (at the grocery store, her supposed boyfriend there lagging behind her she tilted her head to me under me and smiled and went out her way to interact with me while her boyfriend or husband was looking intently in another isle, she was about my age so I'm not interested but I'm sure she could suck a mean c0ck and be "sexy").