Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tony Robbins goes off on #MeToo Movement

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tony Robbins went off on #MeToo at one of his recent events and now faces a backlash.

CNN story: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/us/tony-robbins-apology-metoo/index.html

He has NOTHING to apologize for. He spoke the truth. I think his PR people told him to apologize to shut these biaatches up and put it behind him. I agree with everything he said at his event. GO TONY!!

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for once I want to see people who speak their mind not turn around and apologize once they face backlash.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting viewpoint. Good for him. AMD she responded how almost every woman does when you question it. She tried to put him in a box with a label.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing he is guilty of is arguing with a chick. He is trying to use reason with a movement that is driven by emotion.

Jareamee

Don Juan
Reaction score
He had nothing to apologize for. Now people are going to demonize someone who had a great viewpoint on the movement. I wish he hadn’t apologized. Immediately invalidates everything he said. I really dislike this movement, every woman uses it and seeks sympathy and it creates victimhood taking away from the real conversations on the issue at hand. It’s a popular media movement for likes now.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm I would need more background here to understand...

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He had nothing to apologize for. Now people are going to demonize someone who had a great viewpoint on the movement. I wish he hadn’t apologized. Immediately invalidates everything he said. I really dislike this movement, every woman uses it and seeks sympathy and it creates victimhood taking away from the real conversations on the issue at hand. It’s a popular media movement for likes now.
Agreed, and I'm a HUGE Tony Robbins fan. I think once his people explained to him what would happen if he doubled down on his comments, like a lot of lost revenue (talking tens of millions of $), lost fan base (50% are female) and becoming the defacto poster boy for the anti-#metoo movement, it would have been catastrophic for his career.

Money talks...

Jareamee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, and I'm a HUGE Tony Robbins fan. I think once his people explained to him what would happen if he doubled down on his comments, like a lot of lost revenue (talking tens of millions of $), lost fan base (50% are female) and becoming the defacto poster boy for the anti-#metoo movement, it would have been catastrophic for his career.

Money talks...
True. All about the following. If I was Tony Robbins or even any major celeb with a platform, I wouldn’t even enter that arena towards woman’s issues. Women will be right 99% of the time when it comes to talking about social issues such as these. They’re always right, even when they’re not. Impossibru to have a discussion.

I mean, even watch this Tony Robbins video talking to the woman. She was CONSTANTLY trying to victimize herself and flip Tony’s words and make him to be the bad guy. It was all about her and not about the movement at points. She was waiting to be insulted, and when she wasn’t, she would say she was. Drives me nuts. That’s what’s wrong with the movement. That video and her. And that woman who’s voice we heard. Using other issues in relation to this one.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He didn't apologize in this video, see 8:05, "I'm not going to be inauthentic and say I'm sorry about something I'm not sorry about."

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
haha i wonder if #metoo will come to poland ;D that **** is hilarious.

there was some story on reddit where during dance class a guy touched girl nipples accidentaly and kept on apologizing her for 30min. she then told the instructor "he touched my nipples but he did it ACCIDENTALY" like wtf. instructor told other teachers in the school, they prob were talking behind his back and guy suicided soon after

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Money talks...
1E5FE53C-EB26-457E-ABA3-8C4538677D43.jpeg

??????????

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So how do you guys respond to the #metoo movement? I mean, I hate to just bite my tongue, but sometimes have trouble articulating my points to others that are more open to chatting about it...

My thoughts are that...
1. Who told you that you couldn't speak up before?
2. The metoo movement relies on living in your past, not moving towards a future. I think this was Robbins argument, that they are playing a victim, placing blame on others...?
3. Should we all start a movement for everything we felt we were wronged in our past? I know I guy whose dad shot his mom, then commit suicide, and I don't hear him trying to start some movement for gun violence or something else...?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So how do you guys respond to the #metoo movement? I mean, I hate to just bite my tongue, but sometimes have trouble articulating my points to others that are more open to chatting about it...

My thoughts are that...
1. Who told you that you couldn't speak up before?
2. The metoo movement relies on living in your past, not moving towards a future. I think this was Robbins argument, that they are playing a victim, placing blame on others...?
3. Should we all start a movement for everything we felt we were wronged in our past? I know I guy whose dad shot his mom, then commit suicide, and I don't hear him trying to start some movement for gun violence or something else...?
It's touchy territory. I'm lucky enough to surround myself with women and people who are Trump supporters and like to hear the raw uncensored truth. I wholeheartedly agree with Robbin's perspective and delivery.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously in America 2018, you don’t attack any women under any circumstances. Any type of opinion that becomes anything that could be considered personal with women will be shamed to no end.

You don’t say anything as a joke, you don’t say anything to make women agree with you, you don’t make your opinions known if you are in the public eye. You have to agree with everything a woman says in every way. Otherwise your brand will get destroyed.

MeToo Movement:

“I am blaming victim hood.” WRONG

These women should be heard under any and all
circumstances. We must support and help all survivors on the receiving end of any type of unwanted sexual behaviour. RIGHT

This guy is 6’4, worth 20B, and this dumb?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I saw, and I could be wrong in my recollection, TR said something along the lines of "women shouldn't utilize the #metoo campaign to give themselves a feeling of significance thru victimhood"

I can't find the exact quote on line, at least not a news story that proclaims to have printed the exact quote. I did watch the video online a few days ago.

Basically, the essence of what he said, my interpretation of what he said was, "don't seek out/find your significance as a human being in an external outlet" I interpreted what he said as meaning "Be significant because of the choices, decisions and steps that YOU take/direct in your own life, not because you were a 'victim of an experience' or part of a movement"

Of course victims of violent crimes (of which I have never been) are going to get riled about what he said. Firstly, what he said isn't cognitively simple. You need to think about what he said to understand it's true meaning. Second, it's just never a good idea to try to use a trauma based event to make a point, unless you are referring to your own trauma, and make it only about you. It's too easy to offend.