"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Told her to ask me nicely, she gives me the number and says "if you want to"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Loner

Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Arkansas, USA
I was just IM'n a girl, who was at her Grandparent's house and was just about to leave. I've known her for quite some time, and we talk a lot. (Talk, not IM.)

Anyway, she said something to the effect of "I've got to get off the computer now... ttyl, unless you want to call me."

I decided I wanted to have her actually ask me outright to call her, because I didn't feel like being a begging dog jumping for scraps.

"I'll call you if you ask me nicely."

"nicely? interesting"

*bit of pause, I go back to my work*

"I have to go, the cell # is 555-5555, you can call me if you want to" (exits IM window)

So, she didn't even ask me, let alone ask me nicely. I didn't call her, I felt no obligation to do so.

What was she trying to say? Was she too shy to ask a boy to call her (a possibility)? Did she want to see if I would do what I said and only call her if she asked nicely? I'm not quite sure.

Any thoughts?

- Loner, who should get a new name as he has a whole platoon of chicks following him now
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
360
Reaction score
3
Location
Durham, NC
Who cares????

your over analysing a BIT too much with this one. If you want to get technical she probably left you an open ended option to "call her" to see if you would or not. FOR instance

Rather than hand feed a treat to a dog i set it on the floor a few yards away to see how much the dog really wants it. I suppose it could be a useless attempt for her to find out how much you like her; but like i said

A) it doesn't matter
B) it's a waste of time worrying about it
C) it's a waste of time THINKING about it
D) who the hell gives a ****?
E) you should be worried about what you want to do, not what she wants you to do.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
OMG DUDE 555-5555 IS THE SAME NUMBER THIS CHICKS GAVE ME!!! I think we have the same one!! omg man. This so exciting!
:rolleyes:

All lame mockery aside, I'd agree with VIVAlasVEGASbaby and say, stop worrying about it. Keep her number. Call when you feel like it. And just stop analyzing stuff so much.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

ohiofutballa

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 8, 2004
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Originally posted by MetalFortress
WHO GIVES A CRAP??? She obviously wants you to call her, so stop being a prick.
oooooo......so THAT is what PMS is like? :rolleyes:

this girl has an attraction towards you, its obvious. Now is the time to capitalize

ohiofutballa:cool:
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
:) 14 years old...

In due time, I assure you that you will never have this dilemma again.

Maybe not for the better, though.
 

Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
634
Reaction score
5
you're the dominant one. You're on the pedestal not her. Tell her ... i know you're interested so i'll be expecting you to call. --- something like that ...yeah sounds a bit faggish. think of something that puts you on the pedestal and not her.
 

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
haha id play around with this for a while...next time u talk to her..if she mentions u not calling..be like "u didnt ask nicely" and just smile...n then later on be like..oh yah..i kinda forgot ur number too...here write it down (have a pen handy..and get her to write it on ur hand...u can have the other arm aronud her waist while she writes it...kino baby)
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top