Today a girl caught me glancing at her.

thedude7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night I called the girl that I meet on Jan 26, the full story about how I meet her is on a previous post http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=406396

I had forgotten to call her and realised that it was nearly two weeks since I meet her. I called her number and she hung up on me when she answered the phone (she knew it was me because she had keyed my name and number into her mobile). Her number is no good to me anymore so I deleted it from my phone.
I felt like an idiot for forgetting to call her earlier. Anyway that was yesterday, so I'm over it.

Around lunch time today I was walking past a store and I noticed this girl that was working there. She caught me glancing at her, it appeared that she smiled and then looked away. I went up and said hello to her and asked her if she would be keen to go out some time. She suggested we could do lunch some time and wrote down her phone number for me.
I am going to remember to give this girl a call.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good going.

Just one thing - she didn't 'catch you glancing at her', like she could 'catch you stealing apples'. She saw you looking at her. And you saw her look at you. That's all.

thedude7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Follow up.

Yesterday I had arranged with the girl I met on Friday to meet me for lunch today. While I was standing at our meeting point I noticed a hottie that was walking past looking at me, I looked back at her and she held eye contact with me for a few seconds before I looked away. I should have approached her but I didn't want to risk it because my lunch date could have shown up at any time. I waited for about 10 minutes and she didn't show up. I called her mobile but there was no answer. Her number is useless to me so I deleted it from my mobile.

My main regret is not approaching the hottie that was eyeing me. You know those girls that stand out in a crowd not only because they are hot but they walk the walk of a extremely confident person. I learnt my lesson; if I see a girl that I'm attracted to then I must approach otherwise I will later have regrets of being a lamer.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're deleteing #'s too quick. I keep all mine even though I'm not gonna call. It's just so I don't answer if they call me...The caller ID thing...

You're getting looks. Keep getting #'s... I wouldn't put up with flakes either...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're forgetting about your goal. You need to get her to go out with you, no just to give her number.

Right now you're just looking at her and saying: "hey, let's go out, gimme your digits"

They're gonna flake a lot this way

2-3 days pass, you call her and she's thinking: "Why should I go out with this guy, I know nothing about him. Nah, I'll just stay home"

You don't attract them. You don't give them a reason to want to meet up with you.

On the other hand if you take 5 mins to talk a bit, find out what she's like and ATTRACT her, so that she wants to meet up with you, you're gonna have much less flaking.

Work on that.

thedude7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ice Cold,

Yeah I'm going to practice getting a better conversation happening with my approaches. Approaching girls is still fairly new to me as I made it a new year resolution. I have only just started getting better responses with my approaches where the girls will be smiling and friendly. Before that I was still too nervous and the majority of girls would be really defensive and look at me as if I was a weirdo.
I think what has helped me be more relaxed is that over the past couple weeks I have started to occasionally have a few small conversations with strangers when I'm on the train. Nothing deep and meaningful, all I do is make a comment like "the train is pretty full today", and they will reply "yeah blah blah blah", and the conversation will continue from there. As an extremely shy person it has done me a lot of good.