Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To lie or not to lie about age on dating profile?

Indiveber

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't used O.L.D. much. When I was 26 I met a girl that was 23 and spent a summer hooking up with her. I used my real age on the app.
Within the past year or so, I've made a few profiles and tried using different ages. However, my photos were bad, and I received no decent matches, regardless of what age I made it. (also, 99% of White girls had BLM listed as an interest on their profile, to show that they are not interested in White men) I'm working on some good photos now, and may hire a professional for a couple shots too.

Most people in real life don't believe I'm over 24, so I'm somewhat concerned most women will think my current photos are many years old, and skip me.

I'm interested in women a maximum age of 22. Where I live: any woman over 23 is either obese, or someone with money put a ring on it because thin girls are so rare.

Also, why the heck are 99.9% of the female profiles on dating apps White? My rate of success is astronomically higher with every other race. I think these app companies are purposely not showing other races to White men.

Last edited:

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those dating apps are designed to have men fail; you are much better off cold approaching. I would not take those dating apps seriously if I were on them.

As far as your age is concerned, I would be honest about that for two reasons:

1. I would not take the apps seriously anyway

2. If you happen to meet a woman you are interested in, you would have already started the interaction by being dishonest.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, having BLM on their profile does not mean they're not interested in white men. Many of these BLM promoting white women are exclusively interested in white men.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, having BLM on their profile does not mean they're not interested in white men. Many of these BLM promoting white women are exclusively interested in white men.
There is some virtue signaling with that as well.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is some virtue signaling with that as well.
Yea, it's funny watching all these leftist women (of all races) bash white men then sexually discriminate against non-white men. Don't pay any mind to what women say for attention; take note of their actions.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't pay any mind to what women say for attention; take note of their actions.
This is one of the most important things said.

Those dating apps are designed to have men fail; you are much better off cold approaching.
Yes, either cold approaching or building a social circle.

Don't lie.
A guy can get away with lying if it is a short term bang situation. Anything longer than a few instances of sex and the truth will be revealed. It is better not to lie. If you are caught lying about age, this may preclude a longer term relationship.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I live: any woman over 23 is either obese, or someone with money put a ring on it because thin girls are so rare.
The dating app world is so bad, it forces you to lie? Get out and meet people!

Also, never pay attention to what a woman says her beliefs are. For the right guy, a woman will change political beliefs and ever convert to his religion.

Women want to be led by their man.

Liars cannot be effective leaders.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Please do not lie about your height , It will be exposed when it’s time to clap those cheeks

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Please do not lie about your height , It will be exposed when it’s time to clap those cheeks
Women lie about height a lot too! Lying a couple inches about height is fine. most can't even tell anyway, and it depends time of day, how your posture is, etc. Hell, even the NHL and NFL fudge height BIG time, especially for guys under 6ft it's laughable.

Age though is a no go. I see no point of lying about age. I'm 38. Besides on OLD I don't see a lot of hot women under 28 anyway. Odd, but most are over 30 so being 38 I see no reason to lie about age.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway,

Also, never pay attention to what a woman says her beliefs are. For the right guy, a woman will change political beliefs and ever convert to his religion.

Yup, I've seen this too.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, lie about your age if you can get away with it. I've seen the difference in results I received as a man in his early 30s vs mid-late 20s. It's silly not to lie.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you have to lie about your height and age to optimize outcomes in a method for meeting women, you have to consider if that method is a good fit for you.

Other ways of meeting women are better. I recommend some sort of approaching or building a social circle.

@bmp2cpm is correct that women can change beliefs for a man. I wouldn't count on it but I would be aware that it is possible. Always lead with a strong masculine frame. There have been many instances in life where a woman holds a liberal political ideology as an unmarried woman and then adopts a more moderate to conservative political ideology as a married woman, especially as a married woman with children.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo it really doesn't matter , may get you a foot in the door so to speak but your photos and bio are going to seal the deal i don't really believe age is a deciding factor unless you are like 10-15 years older than her

I am constantly toying with mine , i have photos of me in the gym , with my cat , with freinds etc change bio weekly

Tinder - it doesn't seem to matter what i put , just constantly having fat ugly chicks trying to match me and most of them seem to be 30+

Bumble - women seem to be very picky on here one match a week if lucky

Hinge - by far the best quality of women is high in my area most range between 23-28 and profiles are more detailed so easier too make conversation

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo it really doesn't matter , may get you a foot in the door so to speak but your photos and bio are going to seal the deal i don't really believe age is a deciding factor unless you are like 10-15 years older than her

I am constantly toying with mine , i have photos of me in the gym , with my cat , with freinds etc change bio weekly

Tinder - it doesn't seem to matter what i put , just constantly having fat ugly chicks trying to match me and most of them seem to be 30+

Bumble - women seem to be very picky on here one match a week if lucky

Hinge - by far the best quality of women is high in my area most range between 23-28 and profiles are more detailed so easier too make conversation
Bumble is very poor in my area. Rarely get good matches. Seem to get a lot of black women actually, a lot who don;t even live near me.

I get decent matches on tinder though.

Just recalled a Colombian girl I was sleeping with in my 20's. Met her at a taxi rank in UK after a night out, and ended up back at hers that night.

Think I was 21ish, she said she was 24. But after a couple of hookups she came clean and admitted she was 27 or 28. Was scared it would put me off if she told me her real age. Made not difference at all to me, maybe as I didn't envisage it as a long term thing. Understod why she would lie about it, but it wouldn;t have put me off if she told me her real age up front. Didn;t hold it against her at all/or annoy me in any way tbh.

Understand some people may see that as red flag, but I'm pretty easy going and if you like someone I don;t think they'd hold it against you, as long as you seem genuine in the main, amongst other variables.

As long as you don;t withhold it too long and don;t seem shifty, like holding other secrets, plus they really like you/high interest, think they'd let it slide most of the time, unless they're uptight - so probably not worth knowing long term anyway. It's the old thing about about women apparently preferring someone like that over a bore... seen plenty of evidence of this first hand and through others. Amazing what high interest women will let slide/forgive. Not that I advocate lying/misbehaving all the time.

In fact I recall 'lying' about some other stuff to my now ex wife, which I disclosed the truth about soon after we were seeing each other and apart from the odd joke about it as time went on, didn;t make any difference to how she pursued me lol. In fact, one of her friends saw me with another woman on a night out a couple of years after we got together. I came clean next day, luckily I did as her friend/aquintance told her a few days later. Again, was an awkward day or so, I said I'd completely understand if she wanted to end things, but she forgave me and things were fine almost right away. That was the only time I 'misbehaved' like that when we were together.

I've heard some funny stories over the years from women and the stuff/behaviour they seemingly are happy to overlook/give passes for, when its done by a man they really like.

I know its not real life, but I suspect Don Draper would have been 'forgiven' for his totally made up past if it wasn;t for the timing where his wife found out - they were going through extremely rocky patch already, mainly due to his womanizing ways...

Last edited:

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Embellish your stats within the bounds of plausible deniability. For example, I’m 5’10, but I’m 5’11 in shoes, so I put 5’11 on my OLD profiles. No girl is going to balk at that when actually meeting me in person. Rounding up your height to the next inch is fine in my book.

Telling people I’m 30 to give myself access to 20-something women when I’m actually 37 is outright lying, and also a little creepy. Being preoccupied with youth is feminine, not masculine.

Your age is your age. Be a man about it.

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Embellish your stats within the bounds of plausible deniability. For example, I’m 5’10, but I’m 5’11 in shoes, so I put 5’11 on my OLD profiles. No girl is going to balk at that when actually meeting me in person. Rounding up your height to the next inch is fine in my book.

Telling people I’m 30 to give myself access to 20-something women when I’m actually 37 is outright lying, and also a little creepy. Being preoccupied with youth is feminine, not masculine.

Your age is your age. Be a man about it.
Yep, I claim to be 6"2 online, but actually 6"1 without shoes on...

Not sure how much of a risk or how much truth,, but recall reading on here or another forum a couple of years ago about how someone was accused of some level of rape after lying about their age?