"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

To ask or not to ask to sit at a table that a guy you know is at?

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
I sometimes see a guy or guys that I know at a table in the cafeteria. If I'm looking for a table and notice them, then I'll go up to them and say hi, but then instead of just sitting down, I say "is anyone sitting here" and then proceed to sit down. I've done this before to a group like that of situation (a.) below and I sensed it was lame--they expected me to join them without asking.

Because I'm trying to stretch myself in trying to make friends, I included a situation (b.) below. I'd like to get advice about how to handle guys in that category.

For the future, what do you guys suggest: Just go over to them and sit down and say hi with no hesitation, or to ask first?

Consider these two situations:

a. You've hung out or ate with this guy/or these guys before.

b. You've never hung out with this guy or these guys, but you are gradually increasing your communication with him/them. Ex: You talked to him in class a few times, then later you exchanged "sup" in the hall ,and then even later, you walked down the hall with this guy and talked

Lame question, I know...but I want to improve my social game and make more friends,
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
If people like you they will want you to sit with them, if they really really like you they will want to sit with you.

Just act friendly, when people come to the table invite them to sit down, and if a chick sits down, have a discussion with her.
 

Capi Crimini

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
855
Reaction score
0
Location
Hell
Don't ask sit. or If your afraid to sit. pull up a chair from another table. That way your not taking anyone's seat. If you sit down and there like someone's sitting there just move. Unless your enemys or look like a freak nobodys gonna say get the **** away.

Sit down.
 

DJmonster

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
oregon, US
a) just sit

b) It's always good to ask, if you've never sat with them before. It's a good polite gesture.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
"Hey, whats up man... anybody sitting here? Okay, cool. Man, I think I'm going to bomb this exam coming up - how about you?"

It sounds like you've already got a rapport with the guy, and having friends is always a plus in anyone's book. Definitely sit down, give the above phrase (or some variation of it) a try - feel free to change it to suit your needs. I'm pretty sure that, unless you're a freak or something like Capi mentioned earlier, they won't mind you sitting there. Make sure you're interesting, don't ***** about something they aren't already *****ing about, or if you do *****, that it's something that you know for sure they'll all be able to relate to and agree with you about.

Hope this helps, good luck.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top