Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on Getting Shredded in Real Life?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I'll give him the tip. How many times a week are you doing a 24-hour fast? I've looked into doing one. From what I understand, it has a lot of benefits.
I started 2 weeks ago with 16:8 soon ****ed that off, and did a 24 hour, the 24 hour fast teaches you how addicted we are to literally everything, even that morning can of soda or coffee. your body will throw a fit.

I then chucked in some 48 hours, It was interesting i slept fine on an empty stomach with no insulin spikes,

Im eating today and tomm then Im going for a 5 day fast. Ive left the gym for the time being as my body seems in catabolic state anyway

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate it. @nicksaiz65

Since the post I've dropped 2% bf, I'm at 15% since the last 3-4 months

Also, maintaining a weight for a few months instead of continuing to cut, helped me keep the weight off for years now.

This is a problem for many people, they cut and gain it all back.

For me,
It's not bulk-> cut -> bulk
It's cut-> maintain -> cut

During maintain phase, I don't count my calories.

I feel like I'm pretty efficient at it now after years of experience.

That said, during a cut, even after years of experience, my mind tries to deceive itself by eating stuff I just overlook.

It's all tricks.

Always log the calories during a cut.
Keep the cut short.
Maintain for a while.
Repeat.
Nice bro! 15% is great. That definitely puts you within the fitness/athletic range.

It really is 80% diet just like people say it is.

Curious, are you able to see a six pack at that level of bodyfat? I know that some can, some can’t. And do you have any interest in getting lower, say 10-12%? That puts you in the Abercrombie Model range.

Also, have you had any success with “gaintaining” or “maingaining” at that 15%? I realize the lower you get in bodyfat, the harder it is.

Gots to log the calories! It’s so critical. The only thing that stops me from overeating tbh.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started 2 weeks ago with 16:8 soon ****ed that off, and did a 24 hour, the 24 hour fast teaches you how addicted we are to literally everything, even that morning can of soda or coffee. your body will throw a fit.

I then chucked in some 48 hours, It was interesting i slept fine on an empty stomach with no insulin spikes,

Im eating today and tomm then Im going for a 5 day fast. Ive left the gym for the time being as my body seems in catabolic state anyway
Let us know how the 5 day fast goes. Interested to hear your experience.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My buddy hasn't been able to drop below 200 for months. He is used to binge drinking 4 days a week. He has been lifting for way longer than me and gets pissed as I've easily lost 50 pounds in the past 6 months and currently sit at 190. I drink maybe once or twice every few weeks and it's usually just one to two drinks.

He is aware that his problem is alcohol. Just goes to show you how bad alcohol is for weight loss.

He's trying to correct the issue and cut down to 1 day a week of drinking.
Dude, I had the EXACT same issue. When I first really started going hard with the cardio and intermittent fasting, I was indeed able to lose some weight.

But as long as the binge drinking was there, I just couldn’t get any lower to save my life. I would just yo-yo around back and forth within a certain range. I’d lose 2-3 pounds an be super happy. Then I’d binge drink, fall off the wagon, and gain it back. The excessive drinking made me want to eat more too. I was spinning my wheels for months.

You truly can’t out train a bad diet. And no matter what else you are doing, if you are binge drinking, your diet is sh*t.

Then, I follow the Kinobody Drinking rules and my progress just skyrockets. Drinking in moderation and getting out of the binge drinking mindset, the weight just falls off. I look more aesthetic every day.

Drinking absolutely kills gainz. Imo if you want to build a nice body but you’re binge drinking, just forget about it.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So these are the methods that keep me under control and progressing towards my goals.

Yeah the dude is definitely on gear. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Don't be fooled that his physique is obtainable naturally. It looks as though he is on a DHT derivative as his muscles have a hard look to them. I'm guessing he's on the ole' Tren/Mast/Test cut cycle stack.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah the dude is definitely on gear. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Don't be fooled that his physique is obtainable naturally. It looks as though he is on a DHT derivative as his muscles have a hard look to them. I'm guessing he's on the ole' Tren/Mast/Test cut cycle stack.
Damn lol. Kinobody is still the real deal though. His diet advice is fire. The Kinobody diet is the only one that I’ve been able to follow consistently that doesn’t make me want to stick needles in my eyes lol.

All I can say is, if Kinobody isn’t natural, Jeff Cavaliere of Athlean-X definitely isn’t:rofl:

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice bro! 15% is great. That definitely puts you within the fitness/athletic range.

It really is 80% diet just like people say it is.

Curious, are you able to see a six pack at that level of bodyfat? I know that some can, some can’t. And do you have any interest in getting lower, say 10-12%? That puts you in the Abercrombie Model range.

Also, have you had any success with “gaintaining” or “maingaining” at that 15%? I realize the lower you get in bodyfat, the harder it is.

Gots to log the calories! It’s so critical. The only thing that stops me from overeating tbh.
I can see the upper two abs rn, proper six packs would show at 8-10% ripped.

Im not focusing on that, it's not feasible to maintain long term as I'm focused on strength training. But sure id like to achieve that once for a short while.

I still see major strength gains at 15% maybe that's due to my program, I can curl 65 pound dumbells for reps, and as I keep losing fat, it "appears" that I'm gaining size, but it's an illusion.
I noticed with John Meadows recent passing, this guy showed more honour, and virtue than has ever been seen since the seventh-highest order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy.

he literally gave Mrs Meadows enough money to see out another decade of her life.

The man, is the man.
RIP meadows, he was such a polite man. A true gentleman.

"hello everybody" and the yoyo tricks his son does.

It's a huge loss for the community, I've learnt a lot from him.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m at 10% currently and I almost don’t pay any attention to my diet. As long as you exercise regularly, drink at least half a gallon of water a day, get good sleep, don’t literally live on chips and Mountain Dew, and don’t have some sort of eating disorder, you should be able to maintain a below-15% bfp at all times.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3-4 sets in the 8-12 rep range. With a moderately heavy weight
Include high intensity interval training .
gotta eat right 80% of the time.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo @EyeBRollin , now that I work an actual corporate job, I think I can comment on the whole restaurant issue from a different perspective. And, since this thread, I’ve been successful with the weight loss due to finding the correct strategies.

Completely agree that if you have fitness goals, you shouldn’t be eating out all the frigging time. You should be meal prepping and eating meals from home.

That being said, I think it is still imperative that you know how to deal with these random eating out situations that could come up so that you can stick to your fitness plan and not get thrown off.

For example: my work team literally ate out EVERY SINGLE DAY this week. Every single day, twice a day. We would go out to eat for lunch, and then grab some scones mid-afternoon.

No wonder people are gaining weight. Eating out all the time + being on your ass all day + no gym or cardio = Weight gain lol.

If I didn’t know how to handle these situations, I would’ve completely been thrown off my plan, gained all the weight back, and been crying about how I couldn’t stick to my diet.

Instead: I made that lunch meal my OMAD. I ordered whatever I wanted. (I just don’t have the strength to order chicken broccoli and rice at a restaurant.) And then I fasted for the rest of the day. I ordered a zero calorie oolong tea when we went for scones, and I had 2 protein shakes before bed to hit my protein goal.

Bam. That’s a calorie deficit while hitting my protein minimum. I’m losing weight right on track according to my plan, the scale is moving downwards just about as I expect it to. And I’m eating fried chicken wraps and fried pickle spears dipped in Ranch, for God’s sake. If that isn’t winning, idk what is lol.

I just think that it’s imperative that you have a strategy in case something like this happens. Though I completely agree that you should be cooking and prepping your meals whenever possible as a fitness guy.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so getting to say 10-15% bf and maintaining it is relatively easy and simple ..... it comes down to "Eat Less Do More". You can have the once a week cheat meal or binge day and still get down to 12% depending on how much more cardio you're willing to do.

Getting to sub 10% at 85KGs or higher and maintaining it is actually very hard and requires a strict diet and a heavy training routine.
An example,

I've maintained a 4-5% BF at 95 KGs from the age of 25-35 (I'm 38 now and sitting at 85 Kgs and about 10% BF).
My diet was about 8000-9000 calories per day for 10 years, 1/3 fat, 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbs.
I rowed 10 Km's every day, I sailed 3 times a week, I lifted 4 times a week, I rode a bike for 50kms 3 times a week.
I still worked about 30 hours a week. I was either training eating working or sleeping, with maybe 5 hours downtime a week.
Plus to all this is that women came easily BUT I have injuries in body parts most people don't know they have which will never completely heal.

Now ask yourself you really want that ? is getting to 5% BF worth all that much ? Unless you're an athlete its a HUGE waste of time and money, Do you even know what 9000 calories worth of food looks like ?

Edit: I would like to add that I always took 3 months each year as complete downtime and wouldn't train at all because I'm a human and not a machine :D

Last edited: