Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

tips for college

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha LDuke, no kidding?
my cousin lives like a mile away from Stony Brook and I just got back from there on Sunday

repeating what jon said earlier though, what are the biggest suprises you guys had about college?

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yookiwooki said:
repeating what jon said earlier though, what are the biggest suprises you guys had about college?
Biggest surprises? Hmm...

1. How people are perceived. Popularity in college is very different than popularity in high school. In high school, the preps and dumb jocks were popular...in college, the smart people are popular. Yeah, you still have the preps/jocks, but they keep to themselves and don't branch out as much as other groups. When I think of the popular peeps on my campus, I bet they weren't popular in high school.

2. Having a roommate. It wasn't a surprise, but learning how to live with someone was...different. It's different from just sharing a bedroom with a sibling at home, because at home there are other rooms in the house to go to to be alone...learning how to share the same space at college was a struggle for me.

3. You don't actually get that much homework. You do, however, have LOTS of studying. The homework doesn't take much time, but the studying does. Don't be fooled into thinking that your part is done once the assignment is...that is only the beginning.

L Duke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Taken from another post:

If I were determined to become insanely good during college without it getting in the way of school, I would do the following:

- Workout

- Buy cool pair of jeans.

- Live in the dorms for the first year. Live in college apartment community afterwards. Consider becoming an RA or working front desk at college community.

- Join a cool frat.

- Line up cool, social roommates ASAP.

- Get job at cool coed clothing store for roughly a year. Yes, I know it sounds dumb. Yes, it will ramp your game up quickly.

- Get a major that I could actually use upon graduating. Then I would get one or two fluff minors--things like child pyschology or communications, which have many girls in them.

- Play intramural sports.

- Set aside one hour per week for doing daytime approaches. Do these in a natural way in coffeeshops, libraries, gym, etc. Other than that, study.

- For the first 2 years, I would study, go to parties, and get laid. For my last two year or so--when people start going to bars more than house parties--I would start doing cold approaches like a machine.

- During the last two years, begin to developing a high value hobby that I actually enjoyed--music, promoting for local college bar, DJing, whatever.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get caught up in the hype, get caught up in the things you are hyped-up about.

Explore those interests you adhere to already and also those of which you have a genuine interest in discovering.

Don't feel like you have to fall for every club or event recruiter even if they make a boring subject seem cool to you. Take the free food and leave if you must.

BChris

Reaction score
HMMM

Well a mistake I made was trying to change myself in order to be more cool. I stoped playing video games because that wasnt very cool and all of a sudden I was doing nothing I disconected myself and almost lost all of my friends from high school because I thought all the things they're doing were ****ing boring. I tried so hard to make friends and networking that it backfires me.

I'm finishing my second year right now and in the middle of this semester I just stop and say to myself WTF Im doing? I just realized that theres really no rules, tips or anything its just having a great Time doing whatever you want...

But anyway in my experice I think that college isnt that hard at all. Its like all you know you have to study for classes and you know you have to do your homework (Someone post earlier that there werent to many homeworks to do and thats True!!)

#1 Drop from a class you know youre not learning anything and probably youre going to failed, as soon as possible.

I remember reading this awesome article from Steve Pavlina about college when I was a freshman: (I recommend it to everyone!) http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/05/10-tips-for-college-students/

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
kudos to you L Duke for starting this. :up:

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience even the people that are doing the most and have the most friends always something to do...Play Halo or some sports games on a 360. I was never one for video games and found people in HS weird that played them, but in college its a different ball game.

The fun that can be had playing Halo or Wii especially when drinking is endless!

If you have trouble making friends socializing etc. I would live in a dorm for year. I've chosen not to do that, but I brought a network of friends with me to college and have made tons more.

LDuke mentioned picking a Hobby during the last two years. Picking up a worthwhile hobby is a great idea but don't feel restricted to your last two years. you might even find a college class related to your hobby

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best tips for college:
Network as much as possible
Know your limits, the law, and what you're willing to do
Have a good relationship from day 1 with your professors
Get out as fast as possible.

L Duke

Don Juan
Reaction score
classroom game :)
Be's
Be Relaxed - lean back in your seat.
Be Prominent - sit front row so everyone looks at you every class.
Be High Value - know your **** in class. Class clown stopped being attractive in 9th grade.
Be Friendly - open the girls and guys around you, LORD the classroom.

Do's
Do Roleplays - this is so clutch in giggly daytime college gaming.
Do You - inject your personality into everything you say, especially out loud in class. Eventually the whole class will know you.
Do NOT Supplicate - you are in the classroom to learn, so act like it. Don't be all drooly over girls... then, when you do pay them attention, they will feel more qualified.
Do NOT be a Brainiac - know your **** in class but don't be Mr. MainBrain. It's cool to be up on your **** and to help people, but never be condescending or people will just be afraid to talk to you.

Final Word
Engage a girls Logical brain and then quickly shift and engage her Emotional brain. This is TRUE PLAYER KING PIMP ROLEPLAY STYLE: Example -
"So, what's ur major?"
"Oh, I'm pre-med. I want to be a surgeon!"
"Sick, you gonna make **** tons of money?"
"Haha yeah I hope so..."
"SWEET then when we get older you can be my sugar momma. Man, I'm keeping you. Buy me a Porsche?"
*giggle* "OKAY"
It's like mental push-pull. Eventually you end up setting Emotional anchors in most every Logical topic that can come up in conversation... killer KILLER.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What clubs or groups are recommended to join or avoid?

I plan on joining some of the business groups. I'm also thinking about becoming part of the student body. When I went to the open house of the college that I'm going to, there were lots of cute girls that were part of the student government or something.

I want to be well known on campus and know a ton of people.

What is the best way to network?

L Duke

Don Juan
Reaction score
havent been on for awhile

found some new stuff
Question:

"What sort of openers would you use in a regular college setting (i.e walking across campus first few days see a hot girl)?"

Answer:

On a true cold approach in a college setting I always used situational openers or functional openers. They aren't sexy, but they ensure that you won't be called out for "gaming," which is crucial in a small fish bowl setting such as a college campus. Normal openers can and will work, but if you ever get caught by the wrong girl it has potential to do irreversible damage to your social status in the eyes of that girl and any girl in her social circle.

Walking on campus:
Braddock:"Do you know where the Nielson Hall is is?"

Girls studying in the library:
Braddock:"Do you know what time this place closes?"

Girls standing somewhere:
Braddock: "You look really familiar. Did we have class together last semester?"

Then I would transition into normal conversation and/or tease her lightly. Remember you will likely see her again either on campus or out at a party or bar so don't try to push things to fast or too far unless you get the vibe that she is really into you. In that case I would go for her phone number right there.

However, if you feel any discomfort on her part or if you feel that it would be pushing it to go for the number or date then just back off and say,

Braddock: "Thanks, I gotta run, but it was nice meeting you. I'm Braddock."

Shake her hand and then walk away with your value intact. Even if she doesn't remember you the next time she sees you, you are better off than if you tried to game to hard when the timing wasn't just right and she rejects you. It can be hard to recover from a true cold approach rejection in social circle game.

Why would I recommend that you merely open and then eject without pushing for the number? That goes against everything you've learned through cold approach. Does it sound like I'm telling you to ***** out and not close? That's not exactly what I'm saying. If she likes you and you are ejecting because you are scared to ask for her number well......That's a different post.

However, tactically ejecting is not a cop out, it's the proper move if you sense that attempting to ask for her number or a date would be to much. In our Social Circle Mastery seminar Mr. M and I call this tactic "Getting Sticky." Getting sticky is an old advertising term used to describe a crucial phase where a product must be seen multiple times by consumers in order for them to remember what it is and what it does just by hearing the name. They say that consumers need to be exposed to a product in one form or another at least 6 times before it will be remembered.

It obviously doesn't take 6 times for you to remember someone you just met, but it might take 6 times for you to see them and greet them as a person you now see as a card carrying member of your social circle. This is especially true for people that meet you when you are unavoidably in a low or neutral value situation. You remember people who are of substantial value or of potential value. Obviously the less real or potential value perceived by that girl will determine how long the sticky phase will last. If you had high situational value when you met then she will likely remember you and welcome you as part of her social circle almost immediately. If you met in a situation where you were of low or neutral value than you may need to meet a few times or she will have to here about you several times before you are even on her radar.

This is why cold approach is so tough. You have an extremely small window of time to prove that you are a high value scarce resource. If you fail to be seen in such a light her mind will not focus any mental energy on you. Regardless of outcome, mathematically you are better off to push the encounter as far as possible even if your value is not optimal. It is essentially a waste of your time to not see if you can get her number or bounce her that night because you will most likely never see her again. Because you will never see her again who gives a **** if you cause irreversible damage with one random set? You will never see them again so it does not matter. That blow out cannot have long term effects on your overall social status.

Social circle game is much easier and it is much different. You can build your value over time and strike at the perfect moment. If situationally your value is low in one situation you can wait it out and escape without losing value and live to fight another day when your value is optimal. If there is a high probability that she will see you again then you can build your value and comfort over multiple encounters instead of going for the cold approach mind set of "home run or strikeout."

That means if you are cold approaching on campus and it's a cold set or it's a girl that you don't have much time or value to work with, then just use the first encounter to "get sticky" and get on her radar.
You can always turn up the heat later when the timing is perfect. I.E. When you are sticky, meaning she now knows who you are and would at minimum say hi if she saw you out or on campus, and you have high situational value. Meaning she sees you in an environment where her eyes can see that you are a high value guy. This means she sees you as one of the cool guys in a high value group of guys and/or she sees cool/hot girls respond positively to you. This doesn't mean she needs to see you making out with girls. It means seeing you with girls, talking to girls, girl buddies running up and hugging you. Situational value can be, and usually is, all smoke and mirrors. This means it doesn't even have to be real. It could literally be girls hugging you that like you as a friend whom you have no chance in hell with. However, to an outside eye it looks like maybe you could have those girls. I'm not going to detail how to game once you are in the social circle in this post. It's covered in great detail in our seminar. I want this to focus on opening and becoming sticky.

Example of how to become sticky through cold approach....

Braddock:"You look really familiar, were you in Dr. Smith’s politics of South America class last semester?"

Her: "No. I'm a journalism major."

Braddock: "Hmm....Are you sure because you look like thaat girl who cheated off me all the time? I meant to tell you that I didn't appreciate that."

Her: "haha...Nope wasn't me."

Braddock: "That's Cool. Sorry about that. Alright, I'll see you around." (Take two steps away) "O ****, what's your name by the way? I'm Braddock."

Her: "Katie."

Braddock: "Nice to meet you Katie. I'm sure I'll see you around."

Her: "Nice to meet you too. Bye."

Ok Stop reading posts, turn your computer off, and go do at least one approach before you come back!!!!
http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70096

more tips through the link

L Duke

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16548
For High schoolers and College folks.
Also can be used on New/Transfer students.

So you wanna sit next to that pretty girl in the white shirt. Well go up to her and say any of the following.

"Hey howz it goin'"
"Mind if I sit next to you"
"Is this seat taken"
"Hey what's up, what's your name" (shake her hand)

A great way to start conversations with girls in your class the first week is to just ask

you: So how was your summer???

Her: Bla bla bla

you: Yeah I know, summer time goes so fast you know, it seems like, you know, the school year ends, you go to sleep, and here we are back in school again, you know (say that with some enthusiasm) *note* If your in HS talking like this, OH, the girls are gunna like you, cuz in HS, unless you got status or you're an athlete like I was, girls will think your cool by you just saying hi to them let alone holding an actual meaningful conversation cuz 85% of the guys are shy as hell

her: (laughs) yeah I know, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla bla bla

You: So what's your name, what state are you from, what grade are ya in, what dorm do you stay in, where do you live, how many hours are you taking (you know the basics)

Then after you get her name and all, you can be like

*note* In High School, you can get away with being basic, you know, cuz most of the guys are nervous, but in college, you can only keep it simple for so long cuz there's plenty of competition in college, especially those frat boys, athletes and upperclassmen that freshman girls, especially freshman girls go crazy over and for the most part, a lot of the girls are more intellectual, DON'T GET ME WRONG, THERE ARE PLENTY OF SLUTS IN COLLEGE.

(For college folks)

You: So how does it feel to be finally away from home/living on your own?

Her: Bla bla bla

You: Are your roomates cool....

Her: bla bla bla

You: yeah my roomates are cool also/or i can't stand my roomates, they're so dirty, (tell some funny stories about how their dirty or some funny disgusting $hit they do)
That's a great way to break the ice

I always use this canned opener when I'm talking to Sophomores and up in college.

If I'm talking to them and something about classes being hard comes up. I say something like

Me: What I learned is that you can't treat college like HS, cuz when I first got here, I thought I could just slack off, not study, come to class and get an A, I learned that you just can't do that in college, (at this point, she'll wanna add her 2 cents since girls can't be quiet for more than a minute)

(Me just continuing what I was saying)you gotta be serious and that's hard to do since we in college, we got like 20,000 students, no parents, no rules, $hit, I'ma have me some fun, you know, that's just me. I dunno about you but I'ma have a good time.

Her: bla bla bla bla bla bla

You (getting serious): But you just gotta know, theres like a time and place for everything, you need to set time to study and time to have fun, you gotta have a balance, you can't just study all the time or you can't just party all the time you know.

ANYWAY, I use canned openers like that, that are like memorized so I can avoid any silent moments but for the most part, just go with the flow but when you reach a dead point, use something memorized. Don't drag it on by asking stupid a$$ questions like "ummm, what's your favorite color" or some $hit like that (you know who you are)It also helps to be humorous, like throw in a joke here and there just to keep things interesting. Then you can just end it with a....

You: Well, I'ma head on out, I got a few errands to run (or I gotta be "somewhere" by 3:30,

You: Well I gotta go but I'll talk to ya later/see ya around.

You: Let me get your number so we can kick it sometime/Let me get your number so we can go steady, er, study, my bad.
don't just be like "well, ok bye". That $hit sounds so FUKKING GAY.

*For HS and College Students* When the teacher announces that there is a test or quiz, don't hesitate to ask her to meet up in the library to study with you. Think of how easy that is. Just be like "you busy later on"/"lets meet up in the library/apartment/dorm and study for this test/quiz"....Then when you meet her at the library, you don't necessarily have to spit game since you two are studying you can just be quiet for the most part and she'll still feel a certain connection towards you just for the fact that you two are spending time together be it just studying"

I'd say by the 3rd time you see her and you've established some rapport with her, say like on campus or in the hallway, give her a hug just to get some KINO in there