tips for college

L Duke

Don Juan
Reaction score
- In the first few weeks and months people are going to be forming relationships, which they will more then likely maintain through the rest of their University lives
- In the first few weeks of University people will be shaken out of their realities, unsure of themselves, lacking confidence, looking for security, and building a social circle ASAP.

- Girls are incredibly easily to lay at this time due to their vulnerability and needs for validation.
- The first week(frosh week or freshers week) meet all the hot girls with normal rapport type speak. Where they're from, what they do, and so on..
After the first day, invite the girl/ girls from the day before for coffee, drinks, etc.. to meet up with the girl/girls you've met the next day..

- You will have a few AFC's or even naturals in the group, but more then likely they will be the ones protecting your girls and buying them drinks and **** when you go out with them all.

- Make sure to be the man that arranges meets, parties, and the like and invite all the people you've met, introduce them to each other, therefore, expanding your social circle and firming up the relationships, experiences, and good times they've had TOGETHER.

These are a few of the things that I've gathered. It's basic networking.. you meet someone, invite them along, and introduce them to your other friends.
You can use those HB's and SHB's as pivots when you go to parties, classes, or wherever and other girls will view you as pre-selected.

Teh_Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
isnt that one of the more important things, networking. building alot of contacts and stuff, especially with the older students? lol finding out who to know and who can help you with diff stuff ect.

jon3947

Don Juan
Reaction score
what are the surprises you faced when you went to college?

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THE FOUR MOST COMMON CLASS FORMATS.

1. Traditional Classroom. At my school, most of the classes I've taken were traditional (in a classroom, between 8 A.M. and 4 P.M.). These are the BEST because: A. Most kids in there are truly your peers. B. You can get a very nice schedule set up. C. As with point A, you can socialize and network easily.

2. Night Class (my college deems any class after 4 P.M. a night class). I have only taken one night class so far my entire college career. It SUCKED. Night classes usually meet once or twice a week and last anywhere from 3-5 hours a pop. These are usually filled with working adults and older people in general, my best friend and I have encountered some very-condescending adults in this setting. To each his own.

3. Hybrid Classes. A hybrid class meets up both in class and you have to do some online work as well. I have only taken 1 in this format and it was only because the teacher failed to mention it in the class catelog. You still get to socialize with people your age. Not too bad, actually.

4. Online Classes. I've taken 3 online classes in my 5 semesters thus far. This really depends on the subject at hand. I'm currently sitting in 2 of these: English and Spanish. The teachers are handing out excessive work and they can get away with it. They have limited my communication with others because I'm working on them from home, but at the same time, I'm saving gas $$. I'll try 2 avoid these from now on, but only 2 weeks left this semester.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, my advice for someone going into college is to get into a number of clubs that you will join.

Currently, I am in a swing club and a medieval sword fighting club.

The faster you find what you truly want to do with your life, the quicker that you can become a success in. It took me two years to find what I would really like to do, which is motivational speaking.

Take a couple of Philosophy classes as well to expand your mind.

Do your work early so that you don't have problems.

Also learn time management.

comic_relief

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not too many surprises as a freshman, except for how ridiculous some people were. At the school I went to, we had a fairly small greek community, but the initial weekend of greek row was a crazy freaking party. People everywhere, and very drunk. If you stay somewhat sober you will have a great edge as almost everyone is drunk off their butt. I would recommend bringing your own beer; even though they supply it, it's in huge demand due to the excess of underage drinkers there.

Other than that, make friends with everyone on your dorm floor. As someone else mentioned, network like hell. Make friends with people in your classes, dorms, etc. You'd be surprised; in a couple years, that initial circle will multiply exponentially.

One thing that was a huge winner was quality video games. If you leave your door open and have Halo or whatever the flavor of the week is, people are bound to come in and say hi. Same goes for any flashy game / music / etc. The huge majority of people don't know anyone as freshman, so your neighbors are the most logical place to start.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Network, Talk to people at parties, roommates, friends and their girlfriends, people in class. this is great not just for the social aspect but for the academic as well. You never know when you might miss a class and need some notes or someone to study with.

2. You will have to study and accept that some professors are d!cks! Some will have straight lecture style classes and test will come from these so DO NOT miss these classes!!

Some will not even teach and expect you to read and learn on your own.

Some do a method of both and then still throw in random questions on the test.

3. Don't get to caught up with parties, drinking, etc. If you have trouble in HS with academics and trouble with time management its probably a good idea to hold out at first if you want to go Greek. Frats are VERY time consuming!! You don't want to go through an entire pledge period and not make the grades to stay in the Frat!

4. Get your own close connections for alcohol and genuinely make friends with them. You don't want to use people just for something like that or they won't stick around long or get you what you want. Find a good friend and you won't have to be struggling to find your alcohol or paying extra for it.

5. Talk to the girls in your class and form study groups with them this is a great opener and many are willing to do this type of thing. If your making good grades this puts you in a good position. But Don't get used!

6. Remember I mentioned manage your time, well study first and then use drinking, or video games, or girls etc. as your motivational reward to yourself. I find that if I have a fun reward worked out for myself I'll stop procrastinating and get to work!

7. Your roommates and neighbors are easy people to begin your networking with. The majority of my social network now has been stemmed from my roommates and their girlfriends. I always have people I'm comfortable with calling up to come over and hang out or go see.

Last edited:

volkme68

Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave your door open when you are there.

Look into fraternities. I am a fraternity member. It is not the same everywhere though. PM me for details about fraternities.

Meet the girls.

Get into Humanities and Social science classes for electives. Girls love things like the Psychology or relationships.

Sit beside the hot girls. they probably know less ppl there then you and are even more insecure about it, as their whole life they have been the IT girls.