Trant
Don Juan
Hi all, just thought I'd share a realization I had the other day.
I'm a new RAFC, still posessing the majority of my AFC trends but at least i'm in the right mindset now... anyway
My big problem in starting new convos with girls was that I was always worried about what to say, finding that first line that would instantly grab her attention and make her realize that I wasn't a loser. I'd think of everything, how to open, where to go from there, how to close, and I'd try to pack it all into my head at once.
However, it doesn't even matter. What I haven't read in the bible or in any posts (or at least, that I don't remember), is that often times, you won't even have to do anything about how to progress the conversation. Heres an example that happened to me yesterday at the bus stop at my college...
me: "Hey, you didn't see the xxx bus come by recently did you?"
her: "Actually, *laughs*, it was just here about 30 seconds ago"
me: "Damn, thats not the answer I was looking for *smile"
her: "You live off campus? I'm still living in the dorms, do you like it?"
I didn't even have to try to get her to talk, she went ahead and asked me a question. I know everything here says be the alpha male and control the conversation, but this shows that there is no need to get worked up about planning every little detail ahead of time.
Ultimately, what this ramble of a post says is, the 3 second rule is your friend. Once you approach, just go with the flow....
Of course, this won't work if shes super shy / thinks your a dork
Just my 2 cents
I'm a new RAFC, still posessing the majority of my AFC trends but at least i'm in the right mindset now... anyway
My big problem in starting new convos with girls was that I was always worried about what to say, finding that first line that would instantly grab her attention and make her realize that I wasn't a loser. I'd think of everything, how to open, where to go from there, how to close, and I'd try to pack it all into my head at once.
However, it doesn't even matter. What I haven't read in the bible or in any posts (or at least, that I don't remember), is that often times, you won't even have to do anything about how to progress the conversation. Heres an example that happened to me yesterday at the bus stop at my college...
me: "Hey, you didn't see the xxx bus come by recently did you?"
her: "Actually, *laughs*, it was just here about 30 seconds ago"
me: "Damn, thats not the answer I was looking for *smile"
her: "You live off campus? I'm still living in the dorms, do you like it?"
I didn't even have to try to get her to talk, she went ahead and asked me a question. I know everything here says be the alpha male and control the conversation, but this shows that there is no need to get worked up about planning every little detail ahead of time.
Ultimately, what this ramble of a post says is, the 3 second rule is your friend. Once you approach, just go with the flow....
Of course, this won't work if shes super shy / thinks your a dork
Just my 2 cents