The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.
Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.
Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.
Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.
Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.
The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.
Online DatingWhat the heck does OLD stand for?
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Wrong. See above post.It doesn't matter.
Are you more interested in getting her number or getting your d!ck sucked? That is a question only you can answer.
Anyone looking for a serious relationship off Tinder has already lost the game and "getting numbers" is the least of their problems. Your advice is very relationship based.Girls that dont give their numbers are text book time wasters. I wouldnt trust a girl whose number you didnt have to keep a date you made on something like tinder or any other OLD platform. Not giving you her number completely negates any consequence should she decide to fvck you over or flake(e.g. If someone better comes along before the "date"). It would be naive to believe other wise.
If you dont get a number assume she isn't interested or is just attention whoring and move on to the next target.
You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.
True.I don't think he is saying one is necessarily looking for a relationship off Tinder, I think he was describing that your time is more likely to get wasted from a girl who does not give out her number compared to one who does. I agree with this. Yes, realistically getting laid is the objective but I also want to reduce the chance of getting flaked as I only have a few nights free per week and I'd rather not get stood up or ditched at the last second. If I don't have a girls number then there is nothing to hold her accountable and I feel her chances of flaking increase.
Relationship based? Not at all. I agree, tinder is strictly for lazy sport fvcking. The entire basis of my post is predicated solely on the grounds that I just wouldn't trust some random broad who didn't give me her number with plans. If she didn't give me her number to begin with, like I said, I wouldn't waste a second on her in terms of making plans or actually seeing them through, there's just too much of an opportunity for you, the guy, to get stood the fvck up like a retard with absolutely zero consequence to her. Don't get confused and think that I'm advocating that men put themselves in positions like this to begin with anyway; I'm not. I'm simply stating some facts that people should be aware of in their approaches when it comes to things like tinder.Anyone looking for a serious relationship off Tinder has already lost the game and "getting numbers" is the least of their problems. Your advice is very relationship based.
Tinder is strictly for lazy sport f*cking. So NO.. it doesn't matter if she provides her number or not. Numbers do not guaratee a woman will not flake (as we all know). Tinder is not where you look for a "reliable" woman you can get serious with in the first place.
Wake up men.
Agreed.Don't ever inconvenience yourself or go out of your way to meet up with a strange woman you don't really know.
Upper echelon is subjective in certain contexts, in the context of tinder, you can see results simply if you have a great body, having a great body doesn't make you "upper echelon" necessarily, Donald Trump is a bloated carcass but is considered to be "upper echelon".She is a waste of time, but also worth a try; if you don't mind being rejected... Keep going if you want but I see it as a red flag.
I had a Tinder girl flake on me once. It was the first and only date I ever set up off of tinder. I even called her and she said she liked my voice. Then, about 10 min before the date at HalfApps, I text to make sure I don't waste my time, "Hey, I'm running 10 minutes late, hope to see you soon!" and she tells me she was in the hospital.. She wouldn't even have let me know if I didn't text her first.
Really b*tch? Tinder game is ridiculous and it is for the upper echelon of men in my opinion, so I'm right back where I started; self-improvement.
Good luck with Tinder, OP.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.