Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Time efficient strength workout

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve achieved the recomping I wanted using StrongLifts, but am now annoyed by the amount of time a session takes. I have two objectives with my workout:
  • Maintain current body
  • De-stress
I have no interest in being a gym nerd, I just want to be done with it and move on. When lifting heavily it seems the StrongLifts app's feature of having 3 minutes rest is necessary for the ATP to reload, I can confirm that. But lifting at one’s level is necessary for maintaining the current body, I guess. Current strength workout takes ~1h15min or so, I’d prefer around 30 min.

One idea I have is to improve my condition to the degree that I can lift at my max level with short pauses.

How do you do a time efficient but effective strength work out?

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So let say I got 3 exercises in total, dead lift, bench, etc. Should I do dead lift to technical failure and the same for the others or what do you mean by compound moves?

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured out what compound moves means in this context. So I guess my previous comment was right, correct me if I’m wrong.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'd focus on doing Escalating Density Training(EDT). It acts as both a weight workout and cardio workout at the same time due to pace. No need for any additional cardio.

Basically take two compound exercises that work opposing body parts and do them back to back with no rest in between for a certain time. Like take bench press and barbell rows and do sets of 5-8 of each for as many reps as possible in 5 minutes or 8 minutes or whatever time you want.

Then your goal the next workout is to increase the number of reps during that time. Once you can increase 20% in reps then you add weight and keep doing the same thing.

Throw together 4-5 of these combos in a workout and that will be 25-35 minutes. Take 30-60 seconds between sets.

Easy to do, doubles as weight training and cardio in one, has built in mechanisms for increasing volume as you progress and will get you out of there quickly.

Highly effective.