Tihash's Daytime Approach Journal

T From CA

Don Juan
Reaction score
tihash said:
Current sticking points:

a. still wait too long to approach most of the time (it's not like 15 minutes, but waiting 60 seconds often costs me the opportunity as the hotter the girl the more quickly they seem to walk off or leave the store, etc!)

b. still care what other people think

c. sometimes don't talk loudly enough

d. allow too many lulls in the convo during the approach

e. I don't always close

f. cafes are still very, very challenging for me

I really don't qualify except for looks. I'd i'd tap that @ss, then I hopefully will close. If she looks good enough to go down on, then she is attractive enough to be an LTR assuming she otherwise qualifies (smart, has her sh!t together, loyal, no kids, trustworthy, likes animals, treats me well, etc etc).

Obviously no one recently has been LTR worthy. lol
Around what time of the day do you find most women in the bookstore? I begin my journey next Sat and I plan on hitting bookstores in the beginning.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It varies widely. Go at all times and see who is there. I can go at 5pm on Saturday and there are 4 cute chicks, and then go at 5pm the next 5 Saturdays and not see a single one.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #108

This is at Borders (other side of town than my usual).

See a cute girl, short shorts, about 21, looking at books in the bartending/wine section. Sweet! lol

She is all smiles and opens right up when I ask her if she knows a lot about wine (no, she does not). We talk about all kinds of crap. Her mom and cousins are in the store with her... AWKWARD! lol

I close when mom is no where around (she was not around when I approached) and keep talking for maybe 20 min with the girl. We shall see...

Last edited:

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Updated stats

banged #100 last night. So...

Stats since i started the re-numbering in 9/2009:

Cold Approaches: 108
Phone Numbers: 32
Email Addresses: 3
Dates: 10 (only count once even if multiple dates same girl)
BJs: 1 (do not count if got BJ and lay, only count as lay)
Lays: 6 (only count once, even if she is a repeat customer)

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugggg, I'm stupid!!!!

Had a second date with #101 tonight. She is the one I like the best so far, and I invited her over for a movie at my place. She gets kinda flaky and I think she may cancel, but she ends up coming over later than originally planned and we in advance decide to skip the movie. I gave her the choice to cancel and she decided to come over anyhow for a glass of wine. We had kissed at the end of date #1.

Anyhow, I never kiss her during the time she is at my house. I walk her out to her car in the driveway and kiss her when she leaves, and it is just a peck.

What the F is wrong with me?!?!?!!?!

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tihash said:
She is all smiles and opens right up when I ask her if she knows a lot about wine (no, she does not). We talk about all kinds of carp.
I read your journal everytime... and I hate to be a spelling cop, but when I first read this sentence, I was wondering how you two went from a conversation about wine to a conversation about fish. I had a good 5 minute laugh at my own expense.

[ / end intermission]

LegendaryGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is a quality thread. your posts and approaches are so raw and real it's inspiring man. Keep posting, many people are reading it all the time!

Perhaps try a different approach 1 out of 10 times. An example would be instead of saying "can i ask you something" or "excuse me"

if a girl is in the magazine isle or food isle say "It's a real shame, it really is"

Then just walk away and as you walk slightly nod your head. Completely forgeting her.

When she comes up and says "what is?" or "what do you mean?"

YOu confuse her again and say "you know what i mean"

then tell her "that we can't be together cuz you're just not my type"
then walk away again to her cart and look in it. " see i go for girls who eat froot loops and not cheerios. This shows me you're not into fun things" Jokingly

then the ice is broken and you have her attention.

as the conversation continues " so mrs boring, i didn't even get your name"

as she says her name "you say im tihash"

now here you are in a Dangerous time. This transition point is keyyyy. You must do something to show more interest. an example would be "so all these groceries are for you? you got a lot of stuff"

her : blah blah

you : well you're missing the milk, you know that's why you're not so tall, here let me see

Now here is where you do kino and stand next to her and use your hand to brush up against her and compare heights. And then you say

"how tall are you?" under 5'6?
her: yes
you: "oh you know what that means?"
her "no"

you "it's usually the shorter girls that are the bad ones. Maybe you might be my type after all"

now here you'd normally do the give me your number, but here is a suggestion. dont pressure her, itll show your desperation. instead seem like the catch to her by this:

" so do you do anything fun besides shop at the grocery?"

her : yea i like to go to m ovies blah blah

you: "oh, i wanted to see blah blah, you should def come out with me so we can go see it, throw in some kino also

her: sure

you: let me get your number and i'll give ya a call later

her : gives number

You: "don't forget that milk" or something playful

Purpose of this excercise is not to follow the script i wrote but to see the stages. The stages indicate a different opener to throw some confusion and then to be bold by invading her space immediately. after you get her attention you demonstrate she is lame somehow, in this instance fruity loops over cheerios. transition to keno, more kino, laugh, joke, joke, suggest what she likes, play off of it by suggesting her to come with you to have fun. you need her number for this. then boom your done.

now this can be rejected but it's not really bad feeling. its her loss. you dont seem desperate ever at all. you can also gauge when to eject based on her feedback. if she's play ful laughing, touching you back etc. it's good. As mentioned, just try it out once or twice since you're going for 250. you might be surpised.

until next time T

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Composite Approach #109

Kailex, typo corrected. I like the abundant advice you dish out on here and am happy you monitor my field work.

On to the composite approach.

a. I was at a B&N on the other side of town. Open a cute but slightly too old girl (mid-30's I would guess) with "What are you looking for?" We talk about 2 minutes, then she ejects with "Nice talking to you" and walks off. Her loss.

b. I approach a girl later on at Borders on the other side of town. Same sort of deal, except I ask if she reads a lot of fiction. I ask for advice on my firend's birthday girl, then she ejects herself with the "Nice talking to you" or "Goodluck" or whatever. Not worth chasing. Next!

c. Approach a girl in the Fitness section at B&N. I was dumb and said, "You look comfy down there" instead of "What are you reading" or some actual question that was open ended. She was sitting on a foot stool. She barely acknowledges me. I re-open with an advice opener a minute later, and she talks but she is foreign and somewhat weird. And I think she had like a shadow of a mustache! Ewwwww... When in doubt, throw it out! Next...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #110

This is at the same B&N as the last post.

See 3 cute girls in the cafe section. Now every bookstore is different. Some have couches in the cafe, some just chairs and tables, some are more friendly because of the furniture position, etc.

This cafe is kinda hard. Absolutely silent. I mean you could hear a pin drop. EVERYONE was alone. No convos going on. Background music was barely audible. It was lunchtime today (a Thursday).

One of the 3 (the hottest, of course) was simply inaccessible. Sure, you could walk right up and be standing over her and do a super direct, but you'd really feel like a fish out of water. No open table even close to her, and she is up against a window.

Another of the 3 I eventually see has a wedding ring on. So she is out.

That leaves one target. I get some girl mags (OK, US Weekly, PEople) and sit next to her at the next table over. But it is still awkward positioning. In my brain I tell myself to open her ask I am starting to sit, but I don't do it. I waste about 6 minutes of my life pretending to be flipping through those useless mags.

She then gets up to go take a leak or a quick dump. Another 5 minutes of my life wasted. I finally open her a few minutes after her return. Keep in mind, before opening I am thinking, "Maybe she is underage. She looks so young." She had on short shorts but I couldn't get a good take on the face.

I open her on the mags (friend's gf in hospital opener) and she is cute enough and has a rack to die for. Nice. I then ask what she is studying, and she is studying for the bar exam. What a dumb @ss I am. I am worried she is 17 and she is AT LEAST 24. If not more. Duh.

Anyhow, we talk law for 20 or 25 min, with me doing most of the talking but her not exactly blowing me off either. I close but she is "kinda seeing someone." Fair enough. Next!

But I am glad that I am getting into cafe openers more. I'd like to spread my game into Starbucks and whatnot. Thinking about getting a netbook so I can do some work while waiting for targets to come by.

But doing the cafe opener, at least to me, is a whole different skillset than opening a girl in the aisle ten feet away...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #111

At B&N today. A hot college junior is in the self help section.

"What are you looking for?"

Nothing specific, she is going to Cancun on Monday and wants some books, blah blah. She keeps her distance physically, and politely responds to my queries but asks me no questions and never turns her body towards me. I do not resist when she gives the "nice meeting you" and scurries off.

6 weeks ago I would have tried to number close her. Now I (think) know she wasn't interested so what's the point? Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #112

A few minutes later a chick enters self-help where I am still browsing after #111 left.

I open her, she is talkative, and turns out she is looking for a book to understand why guys always want to just "hook up" with her. They don't respect her, you see. lol

She is dumb as a post, and is also too dumb to realize a quality guy is right there talking to her.

I close but her phone's charger is lost or some other nonsensical drivel is offered as a sincere objection. She asks if I have facebook. I tell her I don't. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #113

I get a bottle of water and sit down and read a book for 30 minutes to give the store time to refresh.

I walk through one last time, and no new targets. I am about to leave and see a girl who was previously unaccessable in the cafe who is now in the biography section.

"What are you looking for?"

Blah blah nothing really. I ask if she reads a lot of fiction, and try to get an opinion for a fictional friend's fictional birthday.

I notice she, after 30 seconds, turns her entire body towards me. I keep my body facing the bookshelf in front of me and simply turn my head to converse with her.

We talk about work, college, etc. She doesn't ask questions, but I think she was hooked. Closed after approx. 7 minutes and got the number. She is cute but not The One. But I'd hit it.

Last edited:

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep up the good work!

I just moved out to a new area, and from reading your post, am inspired to do some of type of appoarches you do over the bar/club scene.

:up:

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Updated stats...

No new lays or anything, but 2 new first dates (#106 who turned her cheek when I went for the kiss and #104 who I went out with tonight and tongued down in the parking lot).

Also, I fixed my regression with #101 by taking her out Sat. night to a clubby bar, made sure I kissed her a few times with tongue in the venue, and in the parking lot we kissed for about 30 min. I tried getting her back to my house but she was a no-go. She did not protest, however, when I put my hand up her skirt while kissing her and grabbed her @ss cheeks, etc. She doth protest, however, when I tried to get to the pu$$y in the p-lot. lol

I tried everything to get her to meet me at my place and ride with me to the bar but she sorta insisted we meet there. Dumb girl.

Anyhow...

Stats since i started the re-numbering in 9/2009:

Cold Approaches: 113
Phone Numbers: 33
Email Addresses: 3
Dates: 12 (only count once even if multiple dates same girl)
BJs: 1 (do not count if got BJ and lay, only count as lay)
Lays: 6 (only count once, even if she is a repeat customer)

Blizzard1

Reaction score
Tihash, your an approach machine. Keep up the great work. I have only one question for you. After all the number closes you've pulled off, have you found any difference in the success rate of day-2's with these girls when you text them vs. call them?

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I haven't really kept stats on texts versus phone calls. I try both.

I will say I don't meet up for a Day 2 without at least one phone call. I might text at first, but always call at some point before I take the risk of getting stood up.

Greenlake, send me a PM

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #114

This is at B&N around 8pm Monday night.

I see a cute girl in the Sports section. I open her on what she is looking for. She is looking for a book on spear fishing! Anyhow, somehow we start talking about rock climbing and rock climbing gyms, etc.

I close and get the # but not so sure how solid it is. I am finding that I really don't care about how solid the new #'s are when I am busy with pre-existing people.

BTW, #113 was a flake and so was #108. #106 I have been out with twice, but she refuses to go to a bar so the "dates" have been Starbucks and a smoothie place. She gets there before me and buys her own drink each time. It is getting boring. I tried kissing her at the end of date#1 and she turned her cheek. I didn't even try at the end of date #2. Probably won't waste more time with her, but we shall see.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #115

This is at the same B&N as the last one, same night. It is funny so I'm including it here.

I see a girl who to me looks about 18 or 19 or so. Definitely not younger than that, but probably not 24ish either.

So I open her in the aisle but am kinda aware of how things may look because she is probably just barely legal. We talk for a minute or so until her mom comes over and takes her away. lol. I get a dirty look from mom, as an added bonus. Oh, well. And guess what, mom: she is banging somebody and she'd be better off banging me than whoever she is with. ;)