Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thoughts on women with dogs

Reaction score
I feel like cat ladies get a bad rep when there’s so many post wall women roaming around with pit bulls. I think the bigger the breed the more insecure/toxic a girl is. My definite red flags are Pit bulls or any pit mixes, and Great Danes. Dogs are cool, but nobody needs a dog unless they are handicapped. I feel like women are just using dogs to fuel negative voids instead of take personal accountability for once.

ALSO, if the girl has more than one dog than WALK AWAY ASAP!

M

member160292

I try not to date women with dogs, too much time commitment/discrepancies. Nothing wrong with having a dog from a personal standpoint. It might have been an impulse decision a long time ago and they have the need to take care of it. I don't mind, but rather date someone with a cat.

Actually going on a first date with a dog chick, she's driving 30 miles to meet up and turned on read receipts when I confirmed this morning. Wish me luck, boys!

Reaction score
I try not to date women with dogs, too much time commitment/discrepancies. Nothing wrong with having a dog from a personal standpoint. It might have been an impulse decision a long time ago and they have the need to take care of it. I don't mind, but rather date someone with a cat.

Actually going on a first date with a dog chick, she's driving 30 miles to meet up and turned on read receipts when I confirmed this morning. Wish me luck, boys!
she turned on red receipts?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of dogs for a lot of reasons. I have zero desire to own one. I have a strong preference to only interact with petless women.

Dogs are total cocck blocks. A woman can and often will cite her dog as a reason to cut short a date or make an excuse to flake on a date. If a female dog owner manages to show up for a date, I will often get the feeling that our date is on a clock from Minute 1 due to the dog. That’s not healthy for relational development.

The cohort of female dog owners is so large. They yield so much power.

Dog ownership is a HUGE thing for White women with college degrees or more.

It's VERY DIFFICULT to find a single woman age 25-40 who doesn't own either a dog or a cat. To me, female cat owners are worse. I have cat allergies, so that's a more specific problem to me. If I want to eliminate women who owns either a dog or a cat, I would quickly run out of women to date.

If you do outdoor approaching in parks or on paths, realize that a good portion of women who go to parks/paths do so for the sake of walking Fido.

Also, it is worth pointing out that single women often treat their dogs better than their prospective dates.

Agree with @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 's initial points.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like dogs, but I can't own one. I travel a lot and having to make arrangements for dog is just one more thing to worry about. I also live in a high rise condo... and I laugh at people going down the elevator with their dogs to walk the an pick up poop. Cats are easier, I've had a cat now and then, but never more than one. I can't imagine the @ss pain it would be to own multiple cats or dogs.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like cat ladies get a bad rep when there’s so many post wall women roaming around with pit bulls. I think the bigger the breed the more insecure/toxic a girl is. My definite red flags are Pit bulls or any pit mixes, and Great Danes. Dogs are cool, but nobody needs a dog unless they are handicapped. I feel like women are just using dogs to fuel negative voids instead of take personal accountability for once.

ALSO, if the girl has more than one dog than WALK AWAY ASAP!
Large or small? There is a potential red flag if a single girl owns a large male dog.

M

member160292

Didn't want to start my own thread, but wanted to give an update on the dog chick

She decided not to bring her dog even when I said it was fine. I'm so glad she didn't, and so was she. Tab came out to $88 and she whipped out her card and denied my cash. Tight hug at the end. She's an RN so likely doesn't make that much money. Probably playing minesweeper here, but we'll see how it goes.

Reaction score
Didn't want to start my own thread, but wanted to give an update on the dog chick

She decided not to bring her dog even when I said it was fine. I'm so glad she didn't, and so was she. Tab came out to $88 and she whipped out her card and denied my cash. Tight hug at the end. She's an RN so likely doesn't make that much money. Probably playing minesweeper here, but we'll see how it goes.
RN with Read Receipts and a dog....You are treading south China Sea waters right now lmao.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Dog moms are the new cat ladies, it's more socially acceptable to be alone with dogs than cats. If women could afford it they would all own horses though.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dog moms are the new cat ladies, it's more socially acceptable to be alone with dogs than cats. If women could afford it they would all own horses though.
Good luck finding a petless single White woman in the United States. Almost all of them get their first pet by 25. This is a trend that started in the 2000s. I remember moving to my current city in my late 20s in 2011 and going on the dating websites. I was astounded that pretty much every woman on OkCupid, PlentyofFish, or Match then were pet owners and mostly dog owners. I thought it was something specific to those websites at the times and that the general single populace couldn't possibly be this dog crazy. Eventually, it turned out that the dog ownership trend was a real thing.

For the Boomers and Gen X women, they typically didn't start getting pets until they were married and homeowners. This changed with Millennial women, who decided they wanted the pets (especially dogs) NOW, and weren't going to wait for marriage or family life to start getting their dogs.

Dogs have changed a bunch of things in the USA. Look at car ownership. Crossovers (like the Subaru Outback and Forester) and SUVs have gotten much more popular because of dogs. Sedans and sports cars have declined in popularity.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dealbreaker.

It’s the dog or me. She will always pick the dog, so I will pick a chick without the dog.

Men, women with dogs are de facto single mothers. Only way it helps you is if you are a de facto single father, meaning you have a dog if your own and they get along.

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The irresponsible owners will try to get you to walk the dog because they’re “exhausted” and will eventually hit you up for money to cover the cost of food, medicine, or vet bills. I had this happen to me before I got wise.

She would call me crying saying that she needed money for some pet related emergency and that she was broke. After I “loaned” her money for the last time, I checked her Facebook profile and she recently posted pics of her new outfit.

I asked her why she was spending money on outfits when she has a dog to look after, and of course I get the usual idk/bs response.

When she started losing interest, the dog figured in to the rejection excuses…All of a sudden dog needs a bath at 9:00 at night, etc.

I agree with the dog/single mother comparison, though having plated single mothers, I would say the dog owner is easier to work around.

Factor in other aspects of a potential plate who has a dog, such as lifestyle and income. If she earns a good income and her place isn’t a mess, it’s probably okay. If she’s not active and has a high energy dog that’s a bad sign. Also, if she dresses it up in baby clothes and tries to humanize it, that’s bad too.

Just don’t get attached to the dog and look out for escalating favors.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with girls that had dogs. But I like dogs, so maybe that changes my perspective.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree there is a trend/correlation between some single women with dogs. But in my humble opinion, men overthink this dating thing too much like almost anything on this forum.

Just get to know the person and if you have solid social and "game" skills, read the situation accordingly, but let's not make this into a physics equation.

But then again, I own a dog so I am biased. He has taught me a lot more than most human beings. I still crave a romantic mate and won't pretend to fill that with a dog but dogs simply teach us something invaluable: Being present and loving unconditionally. Now, is that the case for all dog owners? No. As you said, people tend to find ways to fill in voids. Some people simply do not have the type of discipline or responsibility to own one.

However, back to my point. Just to know the person but don't base your standards on whether a person has a dog or not or has tattoos or not. If that is not your thing and don't find that attractive, then that is a different story. But don't start assuming a girl with a dog is nuts or broken. And come on, "nobody needs a dog unless handicapped"? That is an ignorant remark.

Modern Man Advice

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree there is a trend/correlation between some single women with dogs. But in my humble opinion, men overthink this dating thing too much like almost anything on this forum.
+100

JFC, what's next? "Women who wear RED are on a power trip----AVOID!!!!" lol

I like women with dogs but they take a lot of work to own, especially big ones, which means she understands responsibility. Plus, they need walks and exercise so it gets the woman out too. A great date idea is taking the dogs out hiking, etc.

I have a 90# Doberman now and it's my 4th one going way back. Does that mean I'm f*cked in the head too????

No offense, but some of you guys find fault on a microscopic level and continually shoot yourself in the foot.

Ciao.

Attachments

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My experience has been the following.

The worst women are those that own pugs, Boston Bulldogs, and other small breeds they try to shove down your throat as hot.

Narcissists, Karens, and deranged AF. Not always true but true most of the times. These women buy these small animals and then try to parade them around as sexy. No b1tch, I don't care what you say, that Pug is not as handsome as a German Shepherd. These are your prototypical Youtubers and Instagram clout chasers. Truly awful. So many personality disorders I have seen.

Shelter and rescue fanatics are always deranged.

Any woman that is shoving people to adopt don't shop is crazy and trying to cover up for her personality flaws. You can assume that she is a hardcore left wing activist of some time and almost always deranged. I find these women also become Thought Police and try to control all aspects of your life. It's okay to get a dog from a pound or a rescue but never ever date a woman or make friends with a fanatic that thinks people who get dogs from breeders are literally Satan. These people are always deranged.

As for Pitbull owners, it kind of depends on her ethnicity.

White, Asian, Middle Eastern, or any the more ethnic races owning pitbulls are crazy women. These women are the types that will date a thuggish black dude only so they can say they are not racist. Always trashy as well.

However, some Latinas and a lot of black women who own Pitbulls tend to be a lot more sane. I find that black and Latin women in general are less preachy about dogs and dog ownership.

You should marry a girl that owns and takes care of a big but not dangerous dog breed.

Newfoundlands, Great Danes, Golden Retrievers, Huskies, etc.

I find that women who own these difficult to own breeds but do so successfully make for great wife and LTR material. These women know what responsibility is and can handle a lot of it. If you see a girl with her Golden, her Lab, her Husky, or her Newfoundland that she is taking care of, guarantee that she is a cool girl worth a relationship.

Every girl I know that owned a Husky and did so successfully has ended up being excellent LTR material. They know of accountability and responsibility because the breed is so tough to own.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's funny as hell when they pose for pics and their dog looks just like them.