"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Thou shall not expect gratitude!

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
I'm a guy that likes to help people and I'm easy labelled a "giver". But being a giver has lead me to bitterness! Why?

Because due to my actions I expected gratitude from those to whom I've helped. Guess what! Most of the times, those people weren't grate at all, some even started taking advantage of my "nature" and started to ask for more (a.k.a "false friends")! Based on that and on the books (Dale Carnegie's) I'm currently reading, I decided to post this thread.

I've made the most unfortunate mistake that is to expect gratitude!

Jesus Christ healed ten leprous people just in one afternoon but how many people were grate to him? JUST ONE! (Check: Luke 17:11-19).

Unfortunately, that's the human nature!

Most people were not taught about "gratitude" by their parents, others are just too self-centered to know what is gratitude about! Sometimes people are just to lazy. So, if you live this life expecting gratitude, you'll be asking for frustration and some amount of bitterness!

In this same train of thought I can include "love". There're a lot of women "sick" of ingratitude, abandonment issues, solitude and that crave for love. Those women do whatever it takes to the others in order to feel/be loved, but it rarely works! The path to find love is to stop looking/asking for love, and to start giving love (without expecting it).

If you want to "find happiness", stop thinking about the concept of gratitude/ingratitude. Do things because you like, you want to do, not because you want to feel accepted, admired or loved.

If Jesus healed ten leprous people just in one afternoon with just one person thanking him, why would you expect to receive more gratitude than He?
 
Last edited:

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Yes Blue, gratitude is rarely seen nowadays - Ii is because people are too self-absorbed and are lovers of themselves!

Do things for others because you want to and not because you expect something in return!

I like exclamation points too!!!!!
 

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
376
Reaction score
4
Location
Toronto
I think I'm a grateful person. I always make sure the person knows how much I appreciate what ever they did to help me. And I try to return the favours people have done to me by helping others, in hopes that my help inspires them to help others, so the cycle continues.

Good Post
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
Originally posted by AFK Protector
You must feel so spiffy right now! I can tell because of all those exclamation marks!
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
I like exclamation points too!!!!!
I was not expecting this!!! :p
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top