Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thou shall not expect gratitude!

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a guy that likes to help people and I'm easy labelled a "giver". But being a giver has lead me to bitterness! Why?

Because due to my actions I expected gratitude from those to whom I've helped. Guess what! Most of the times, those people weren't grate at all, some even started taking advantage of my "nature" and started to ask for more (a.k.a "false friends")! Based on that and on the books (Dale Carnegie's) I'm currently reading, I decided to post this thread.

I've made the most unfortunate mistake that is to expect gratitude!

Jesus Christ healed ten leprous people just in one afternoon but how many people were grate to him? JUST ONE! (Check: Luke 17:11-19).

Unfortunately, that's the human nature!

Most people were not taught about "gratitude" by their parents, others are just too self-centered to know what is gratitude about! Sometimes people are just to lazy. So, if you live this life expecting gratitude, you'll be asking for frustration and some amount of bitterness!

In this same train of thought I can include "love". There're a lot of women "sick" of ingratitude, abandonment issues, solitude and that crave for love. Those women do whatever it takes to the others in order to feel/be loved, but it rarely works! The path to find love is to stop looking/asking for love, and to start giving love (without expecting it).

If you want to "find happiness", stop thinking about the concept of gratitude/ingratitude. Do things because you like, you want to do, not because you want to feel accepted, admired or loved.

If Jesus healed ten leprous people just in one afternoon with just one person thanking him, why would you expect to receive more gratitude than He?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes Blue, gratitude is rarely seen nowadays - Ii is because people are too self-absorbed and are lovers of themselves!

Do things for others because you want to and not because you expect something in return!

I like exclamation points too!!!!!

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I'm a grateful person. I always make sure the person knows how much I appreciate what ever they did to help me. And I try to return the favours people have done to me by helping others, in hopes that my help inspires them to help others, so the cycle continues.

Good Post

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
You must feel so spiffy right now! I can tell because of all those exclamation marks!
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
I like exclamation points too!!!!!
I was not expecting this!!! :p