Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This short video is the reason I'll never do cold approaching

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This short video is the reason I'll never do cold approaching
Your insecurity is the actual reason. It does not have to be. Man up. Don't spend your life on the sidelines. Get in the game. Sure, maybe its awkward for a while. It is for everyone, until it isn't. You gain nothing by not playing, except the loss of countless possibilities and your life passing you by.

Don't let fear rule your life. Accept your insecurity just long enough to make a goal to overcome it. Then do that! Reap the rewards. You didn't come into this life to sit on the sidelines or play small. Play all-in. Hold nothing back. Give life everything you are. You have fear? So what. It's usually only a story you tell yourself. (False Evidence Appearing Real) Be bigger than it! Make up a new story to tell yourself!

This is the moment. Make it yours.

Last edited:

Ratiocinative

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no reason to believe that video isn't heavily edited. Most "prank" and "social experiment" videos on Youtube are fake with actors. Youtube channels make videos to get views, and entertainment value and controversy get the most views, not scientific value or real word accuracy. Most people are happy to say hi to a stranger as long as you aren't acting like you want something from them. If their body language shows they're uncomfortable and want you to leave, or they say they're busy, then you move on.

Also, hey is a lame opener. You need to at least give the illusion you aren't hitting up every woman in a 5 mile radius and make a little effort to talk to her like a person. If your behavior reeks of "I'm out here in the middle of nowhere on the side of the street to get as many numbers as I can", then expect women to blow you off.

You need to make people feel like there is something special about them specifically, and not just that they happen to be another random smuck that crossed your path. Doesn't have to be too specific. If I see a woman dressed up nice I'll go with that. Just ask so whats the occasion or who she's here to meet, she'll reply confused, and then I'll respond joking that nobody gets dressed up all nice to go grocery shopping for no reason. Then you proceed from there, ask her name, make small talk, get her number, or better yet ask her to meet up for coffee in hour or whatever.

Something simple like that works really well. It's a genuine compliment without being asskissy, it makes them laugh or smile and feel good about herself, and most importantly it shows you are knowledgeable and successful with women. Most guys are too afraid to approach attractive women in public, or they take the shotgun approach and just talk to every woman. It shows you know the attractive ones are most likely to be single, and that she's purposely looking nice to meet guys just like you.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Regardless of whether this video is real or not.. it should not be seen as a reason not to cold approach. Instead.. it should be seen as a reason not to be a white knight. It should be seen as a reason NOT to feel guilty when you sport f*ck women and never call them again.

Its all about perspective. Direct that anger in a direction you can benefit from.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh, I much rather be that guy who tried three times and failed than a bvtch who is afraid to try.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the video was prolly edited to all hell, but it still isn't fake though, or else they wouldn't have blurred the faces. And you dont cold approach like that nowadays unless you are a model or famous actor or some ****. If you ever randomly talk to a chick you gotta be waiting at a bus stop or sitting next to her on a train or something like that. Plus, you gotta have something to talk about first, there's tons of other videos with dudes getting positive feedback.

But yeah generally speaking, most girls are a bit meaner than guys when it comes to rejections.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not necessarily "fake" but heavily edited. Guy asks twenty girls for their number, and they only show the WORST ones. I guarantee you ask twenty girls for their number, by the fifteenth or later you'll be so OVER your fear of rejection that your natural confidence will be attractive enough to get a couple numbers.

NONE of these videos are "social experiments" they are to generate views (advertising $$) and as any copywriter/ad exec will tell you, you can sell ANYTHING if you can:

-----

Encourage Their Dreams

Justify Their Failures

Confirm Their Suspicions

Allay Their Fears

Help Them Throw Rocks At Their Enemies

------

Guys (like the OP, ahem) LOVE these videos because it gives them an EXCUSE to NOT cold approach. (And they paste it to boards like this to justify that decision and help the video creators make even more money)

Girls LOVE these videos because it validates their "girl power."

Which is why that vid has over TWO MILLION views (which translates into about $50K in ad revenue).

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No thanks, I'll stay with using social circles. You have your opinion and I have mine.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, if you nervously go up to someone and just ask for their number, no building any rapport and just asking someone out, your going to get rejected a high % of the time. I would reject someone coming up to me asking me for my number straight away, it reeks of desperation.

The only time approaching someone like that would work is with unwaivering confidence & no fear of rejection at all. In essence, being a master DJ.

Its like a sales person ringing you out of the blue saying 'hey, i have a great proposition, it costs x, will you have it?' in the first sentence.

This video is also probably fake, the woman sounds scripted.

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NONE of these videos are "social experiments" they are to generate views (advertising $$) and as any copywriter/ad exec will tell you, you can sell ANYTHING if you can:

Guys (like the OP, ahem) LOVE these videos because it gives them an EXCUSE to NOT cold approach. (And they paste it to boards like this to justify that decision and help the video creators make even more money)
You can make money with the truth too. Just sayin'.

I would reject someone coming up to me asking me for my number straight away, it reeks of desperation.
Cold approaching in general reeks of desperation IMHO.

MrWiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can make money with the truth too. Just sayin'.

How does cold approaching reek of desperation? Sounds like you just can't do it. You see a cute interesting girl and you want to talk to her so you talk to her, that means you're desperate? How many times have you checked out a girl that was walking by? Does that make you desperate as well? It's like this... You're not starving but you see an advertisement for ice cream and you suddenly want some so you go and get some damn ice cream. What is the problem here?

I also feel like you think cold approaching is waiting in the bushes for the next girl to walk by. it doesnt have to be that way. A cold approach could be in a supermarket or a shoe store and you just start talking to her. It doesnt have to be you running after her in a desperate way like you are thinking.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaches will reek of desperation when done by a 'man' who comes across as desperate, seeks validation, or is outcome dependent.

Cold approaches done by a Man who is out in the world living his life, and simply chooses to share a few minutes with a woman that catches his eye, by being fun, flirty, and confident with her, can actually be really enjoyable, energizing, and fun for her. He's himself with her and in doing so he escalates her intrigue, attraction and potential for further interaction. There is no desperation, just two people interacting.

Suggesting that cold approaching in general reeks of desperation is simply your projection. It's not everyone's experience and it does not need to be yours either. OP your perception is limiting your reality. I suggest you upgrade it.

Last edited:

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How does cold approaching reek of desperation?
"Cold approaching" is giving up your manhood with the hope that a woman will give you the time of day. Sorry, but that's simply pathetic, and implies that you have such few options for meeting women, you resort to making hit-or-miss small talk with a female hoping to flatter her into liking you. Not to talk of the fact that you lower yourself so much for such a small reward. If you have your life in order, more than likely you will NOT need to do this. Cold approaching just suggests that you do NOT have your sh** together. And I know some people will disagree with me, but there's a reason it's such an awkward thing and people make such a fuss about it.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a blindsided cold approach wont work 99% IMHO
a cold approach from a glancing, mutual smile will likely hit +50% if done right I think

I get alot of "mutual smiles" and "hi/hello" from women (always from them first) when walking in the city/mall etc but have never pulled a "excuse me" on one and go for instadate...

@LYD what do you make of that behavior from women?

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Cold approaching" is giving up your manhood with the hope that a woman will give you the time of day. Sorry, but that's simply pathetic, and implies that you have such few options for meeting women, you resort to making hit-or-miss small talk with a female hoping to flatter her into liking you. Not to talk of the fact that you lower yourself so much for such a small reward. If you have your life in order, more than likely you will NOT need to do this. Cold approaching just suggests that you do NOT have your sh** together. And I know some people will disagree with me, but there's a reason it's such an awkward thing and people make such a fuss about it.
OP your perception is limiting your reality.
OP, you've proven my point here ^^^^. That's not what matters to me. I only point it out, hoping it will wake you up. You are missing out and you don't seem to know it.

What matters is that you become aware there is a whole other experience of cold approaching available for you. A man can cold approach a woman so his sense of masculinity feels amplified by the experience, not diminished (remains neutral at the very least).

Last edited: