"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

This makes no sense!

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Ok guys, heres the deal!

Im a little, no, a LOT confused:confused:

When Im out... in the bar or the club... I have a hard time making eye contact with chicks. To be honest, I often feel a little bit invisible, like its my friends that get all the attention.

But recently Ive started seeing this chick and doing lots of stuff with her and her friends. Nothing special, and I get along with them ok I guess... if a little strained. So anyway. I'm talking to my girl the day after after a night in the club, and were talking about her friends, who Ive just recently met.

Because I feel a little, like I say... invisible... at times, I thought Id ask what her friends thiought of me. Im told that all her friends think "i'm very stunning", and later, that her best friend is "almost obsessed with me". :rolleyes:

Sorry! I missed that, WTF did you say??

SO Im confused. I asked why my friend gets more women and attention, and shes like "girls think youre too good for them. infact I thought you were really arrogant so ignored you."

What... the... F*CK... this is Mr Invisible here.

Other times Ive had other chicks, friends of friends and acquaintainces, just randomly come out with things like "youre extremely attractive" and associated comments like "you just love yourself dont you.. youre so arrogant"...

Listen up, this is MR INVISIBLE here. I walk around feeling inferior!!

Sorry to rant guys, but I cant explain this.

Is it my attitude?? Do I give off negative vibes?? Im outgoing and funny when you get to know me! Godamn women confuse me.

Your thoughts please... :confused:
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Soma

Banned
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay Area, California
"Is it my attitude?? Do I give off negative vibes?? Im outgoing and funny when you get to know me!"


The answer to your problem lies in what you just said.

-yes
-yes
-If you don't change those first two, what girl in her right mind will give enough of a fvck to get to know you?
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
AH HA! There is a guy at my job that does the same thing! He won't make eye contact. He's very nice & she....but he comes across as an arrogant ass because he looks PAST you when he speaks to you. YOU think that HE thinks he's too good to look at you, but in all truth, he's just shy!

Eye contact! VERY important! Make EYE contact, SMILE and watch the chick flock to you!
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Soma,

Thanks for your reply. But I am friendly, I do smile, I do talk to people. I dont know why people call me arrogant. Maybe I dress too well. Its just bizarre that people can have a perception of me that in no way agrees with how I see myself.

I dont know whether to believe myself... or these girls...

thanks again
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
It's probably the same reason that I seem to attract other guys' girlfriends...because YOU'RE NOT TRYING to nail your girlfriend's friends, so you don't display any of the apprehensive and standoffish behavior you display with potential "targets". ;)
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Squirrels...

youve given me an epiphany or something...

this gets at the looks/personality issue..

the two are tied up inextricably, we are a "package deal"...

the friends/those who speak with me see my FULL value as a person...

potential targets only see HALF...

excellent response as ever my man.:)
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
No - because his GF friends are calling him arogant. So by definition he's obviously standofish towards them.
 

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
Originally posted by squirrels
It's probably the same reason that I seem to attract other guys' girlfriends...
Lol! It's nice to know someone else out there has the same problem as I do. :p
 
Top