This little "routine" of mine

rhsarrow17

Don Juan
Reaction score
The following is something I made up a few months back and have used it with good success a few times. I know "routines" arent the way to go, but like David DeAngelo says, "Have something default to do for any given situation."

This is mine:

When introducing myself to a girl, I extend my hand and say, "I'm Mike." She'll take it and tell me her name. Notice how most girls are nervous when approached by new guys, especially beautiful ones such as myself. Most handshakes girls give me are with a limp wrist and weak grip. Here's where the fun comes in:

Me: Hmm....you can tell a lot about someone by her handshake.

Her (inevitably): what can you tell about me?

Me: You're weak and nervous. (put on exaggerated james bond ultra-cool expression) Do I...(pause)...make you weak...(pause)...and nervous?

If all goes well and she's receptive, she'll crack up at this point. Better yet, she'll crack up and say, "no," to which you can reply "suuuuuuuuure. so tell me about yourself."

What do you think, fellas?

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good one

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Do you even fake the brittish accent, and change ur tone of voice to something sean connery-esque. That would be dope.

But if the girl didnt get it it would be awkward but who cares because a girl who doesnt know about james bond connery isnt worth it !

rhsarrow17

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
Do you even fake the brittish accent, and change ur tone of voice to something sean connery-esque. That would be dope.

But if the girl didnt get it it would be awkward but who cares because a girl who doesnt know about james bond connery isnt worth it !
haha, that is true. however, James Bond really wasnt part of the humor in my case. I just mean "exaggerated mr. cool" expression. I just threw in James Bond for the helluvit.

so anyway, there really isnt anything for her to "not get."

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah i got that much but i thought it would be kind of funny to actually throw in a bond impression. But if done badly it could be corny.

Regardless thats a good routine and i will probably steal some of it.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rhsarrow17
The following is something I made up a few months back and have used it with good success a few times. I know "routines" arent the way to go, but like David DeAngelo says, "Have something default to do for any given situation."

This is mine:

When introducing myself to a girl, I extend my hand and say, "I'm Mike." She'll take it and tell me her name. Notice how most girls are nervous when approached by new guys, especially beautiful ones such as myself. Most handshakes girls give me are with a limp wrist and weak grip. Here's where the fun comes in:

Me: Hmm....you can tell a lot about someone by her handshake.

Her (inevitably): what can you tell about me?

Me: You're weak and nervous. (put on exaggerated james bond ultra-cool expression) Do I...(pause)...make you weak...(pause)...and nervous?

If all goes well and she's receptive, she'll crack up at this point. Better yet, she'll crack up and say, "no," to which you can reply "suuuuuuuuure. so tell me about yourself."

What do you think, fellas?
I like the putting out the hand and holding it while introducing myself. Wait a minute. I already do this: I shake a girl's hand and I say I'm ------ , and they reply their name. That's it. This sounds theoretically romantic, but may come off creepy or weird.