"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

this hottie

wonderboy040587

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
canada
i work at some kinda festival thing, every thursday to sunday i work at festivals in different cities and there are ppl from different cities also. well there was this hottie, that works there and i started talking to her last show.
she works across where i was working, she seemed interested, we kept lookin at each other ,she would come beside me and talk to me and stuff well then i learned that she was in love with this guy there and the guy didn't want her... so anyways when we were talking in back together, that guy walked by us, and she said that she hates all the guys, then she said "but i like you" well i don't know if she said that as i like you as a friend or as a potential ****er...
also she's a little older that me, i'm 17 and she is 18 or 19
what do you guys think?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
235
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
I see no problem..

GO FOR IT. What exactly are you afraid of? Since you don't want her as a friend, it's all or nothing. You're wasting your time if you're worried about her boyfriend.
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
you better hurry cuz right now you REALLY look like her girl-friend. I mean she tells you who she likes... unless she's trying to make you jealous, you sound like you're galpal-ing it up. Don't let the age thing play ANY role in talking to her, that sh!t is blown way outta proportion and doesn't matter once you get down to essentials
 

MarcP

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
If she said she hated all the other guys but she liked you when the guy she fancys walks past then she could be trying to make him jealous or something. Microphone Fiend is right you'd better hurry otherwise you're going to make it harder for yourself.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7
Age
39
First of all, you shouldn't be asking these questions. They are a waste of energy that could be used to make yourself the prize.

Second, don't be her emotional tampon. If you're only there to help her get over her problems, you two see your friendship/whatever-you-want-to-call-it in different lights which isn't going to get you anywhere.

Third, if you flirted with her you'd have a few answers to questions you're probably curious about.

And yes, microphone is right. You need to hurry.
 

wonderboy040587

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
canada
Hurry? Hurry and do what?

i know all about not goin into the friends side... i've busting her balls and doin all the techniques i know but she just said... ohh also when she said it, the guy was already down the road so she didn't try to make him jealous or anything that's for sure...
 

wonderboy040587

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
canada
oooh is that it?

kino? ppl have been telling me to hurry up and use kino

allright i'm probably gonna see her.. so we stay in hotels and usually drink every night. Let's see if i can get laid... I'll be sure to keep u updated... bye
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
Originally posted by wonderboy040587
oooh is that it?

kino? ppl have been telling me to hurry up and use kino

allright i'm probably gonna see her.. so we stay in hotels and usually drink every night. Let's see if i can get laid... I'll be sure to keep u updated... bye
lol, please go read the bible some more
Kino is one of the subtle things you do, but the whole attraction phase can be subtle. Just look for a post by Pook and read it, they tend to round out the basic insight on the Dj world enuff
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

MarcP

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Good luck with it. If you think you've got enough attraction try kino and rapport with a bit of attraction stuff thrown in. Thats the only advice I can think of at mo.
 
Top