"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

This chick I know

Anchorman

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Ok, there is a long story behind this. I have known this girl for about 6 months now, but have actually been friends with her for about one or two. We met at school, talked alot, ect. For the last month, we always hang out in the morning, flirt, ect.

On the last day of school, I was walking around with one of my friends. Then I see her, she called me over and asked some person to take a pic of us. I was surprised, because I never really talked to her any time other then during the morning. Then I introduced her to my friend, ect, and she followed us. My friend went to some other class to leave us alone. We talked for like 5 mins, then my friends called me over. I went and the girl came with me. She knewsome of them, so no introductions were needed. We chilled for like half an hour, then this girl's friends came up to us and told her to go to one of their classes. She asked me to go with her, so I did. Then we just sat in the class and watched a movie, me and the girl flirted alot, she grabbed my thigh, ect. After school was out, she hugged me, and we went home. Also, we exchanged phone #'s and sn's. (Note that on last days of school, students are free to chill and walk around classes on campus).

In a week, she calls me up on a sat night, we talked for like an hour and she asked me if I could hang out next friday. We did hang out and had fun, flirted a lot.

Its been a month now since this happened, and i REALLY want to ask her out but wont do it for the following reason: I think she considers me more of a nice guy, which I kind of am, and she would just want to be friends with me and reject me.

I act masculine, talk about stuff guys talk about like sports and working out, ect. But a recent phone call from her got me thinking that she considers me a friend and not a potential boyfriend. I have been really nice to her though, but only after we became friends. This leaves me confused, because if I ask her out, she might distance herself from me and we wont be friends anymore. But if I wait too long to ask her out, some other guy will and I will really regret it. So do i just say "f*** it" and ask her, or do I want for further signals?

Also, she is kinda hot, and has a great personality.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
We're in the dark as to WHY exactly you think you're in the friends zone. Anyways, you can get on another path if you act quickly.

Secondly, you won't know anything until you try. She is just a horny little girl so there is no friendzone involved. Ask her to a date and do what you gotta do.
 

Superman X

Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
387
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Massachusetts
I haven't read this post at all except for the title and the "There's a long story behind this...". There's been a million and half posts just like this on these boards. You have oneitis. Forget about her for now and find some other girls. Click on that little link on the top of your screen to read the bible while you're at it.

-Dan
 

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Dude, if you don't ask her out it will huant you for the rest of your life. Cuz once she does get a b/f in the back of your head your going to be wondering..."hmmm I wonder if that could be me."

Its better to know than not to know, besides if not you can still be friends. You said she was cute? She will have other cute friends I assume. Its a win win situation, good luck!
 

Anchorman

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Hmm yeah, il see what I can do. Right now im cutting her off to see if she calls me, if she doesent, il find a new girl.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Its been a month now since this happened, and i REALLY want to ask her out
What do you think happens when you stop acting? Magic and she comes home running to you? Are you daft?

Get up and go get the damn chick. Don't try using techniques you don't understand because you won't be able to use them right, or at all.

Now get the hell out of your basement and run upstairs to the phone.
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
First of all, you ruined it when you talked to her for an hour on Saturday, and agreed to the date SHE layed out for the both of you. Though you can reclaim your glory slowly if you try hard.
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Kiss her my man. I'm pretty sure she wants you to, and the longer you take the smaller she'll think your balls are. The next time you're flirting together, move in and give her a peck on the lips. If it looks like she likes it, then carry on. If she says "What do you think you're doing? I just want to be friends." Then say you're cool with it.

Be nice to her and things, but don't hang out with her as much. As long as you're not all pushy about it, and put it behind you. The two of you will still be friends. The only time she'll cut you off and act weird is if you get all clingy and stuff. So just show her you don't need her. If she sees you flirting with other girls, she'll realise you're over her and will still be your friend and things will return to normal. Trust me, I've been in the EXACT situation before. It will work.
 

daym

New Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
California
don't fawk up like I did..don't fall in that friendship relationship crap either or your screwed like me. Ask her out now or your gonna end up like me....sad...

Good luck
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top