Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Think it's worth investing in dating apps?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Came across these videos from this guy FitXFearless recently;

Right now, where I live, and what I do, I have to spend quite a bit of money and/or go out of my way to even have the chance to see women in my age range - and chances are they aren't that hot.

So, with the current drought and dry spell, I'm wondering if I should bother resetting my dating app profiles and trying any of the stuff that guy does in his videos, though maybe not to the same extent...he hires a photographer, buys tinder Gold, purchases and uses boosts, etc and when he's swiping through women in Miami they're still pretty average for the most part.

Now take that, and imagine how hot the women are in f***ing Delaware and south Philly...

It's something I'm considering since it might end up being a cheaper option and less time consuming than scouting out places on the weekend in the hopes that I'll see attractive enough women to justify the trip/expense.

Curious if anybody on here is killing it with the dating apps - and not just getting laid a lot, but banging HOT women on them. Because if THIS GUY'S matches are mostly 5s and 6s, I would be very skeptical of anybody here claiming to be doing better.

Still, looking forward to reading everybody's thoughts.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating apps won't magically improve your market, they will just increase your pool of whatever candidates there are in your radius. Miami sucks as a city overall but in a place like NYC or LA your swipes should be much better.

You should definitely try to maximize them though and also get as good of an instagram as possible.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That part I don't know how to do. I'm a good looking guy and all, but I don't really have events that would be highlights worth posting - my day to day is pretty boring.
Time to spend some money on some plane tickets and hotels then :D

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's free, passing time while taking a dump as another poster put it, sure then. I wouldn't keep paying for them though.

The quantity and quality of women has drastically went down the last few years on them.

Personally OLD companies have themselves to blame for it. When Match LLC started neutering their sites and making them pay to play, less swipes before you gotta pay. Bumble same way. POF basically useless now since it's $$$. ARound 2020 they made it more pay to play and later that year noticed a drastic reduction in women on those sites.

Now Match LLC stock has tanked. Bumble laid people off.

Rainrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you going to do this try to go all the way (hire a photographer, etc). Don’t do anything half assed.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot women in Delaware? Never heard that before.
Women from that state look conservative or country to me.

Try looking for women in Pittsburgh instead of South Philly.
When I used Match a while back, all the beautiful women in the entire state of PA were from Pittsburgh.

Reactions: BPH

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BPH -- Focus on your in-person approaching.
That won't change, just wondering if I should supplement it since going somewhere TO cold approach is gonna cost similar time and money.

When I used Match a while back, all the beautiful women in the entire state of PA were from Pittsburgh.
The apps are based on range. I set it to 30 miles, if I set it to 40 or 50 that means any matches I get I'll have to travel more than an hour just to see if they're worth a damn.

Aeterna

Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s worth it if you have the following:

1. Looks
2. Pictures
3. Location

I use Hinge in the states and for traveling while I use Tinder exclusively for traveling/working remote. The Scandinavian countries was were I was sleeping with 7s, 8s on the regular while in the states it was mostly 5s, 6s

With Hinge, I built an autoswiper and pay for Hinge X. I run the autoswiper 2 weeks before I leave to another country and invite the girls to a bar in the lobby of the hotel I stay at.

Attachments

logicallefty

Reaction score
You should do the dating apps. Definitely increases your volume of women you can date. Just keep your expectations in check. Don’t expect love at first sight or to meet your next (ex)wife. Think of each date as temporary entertainment, just like you do going out for a beer. Great tonight but gone tomorrow. Good luck.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if I should supplement it since going somewhere TO cold approach is gonna cost similar time and money.
If you are doing in-person approaching well, you'll have enough prospects and no need to supplement.

The apps are based on range. I set it to 30 miles, if I set it to 40 or 50 that means any matches I get I'll have to travel more than an hour just to see if they're worth a damn.
In Dallas, a range of 30-50 miles would be quite difficult to do with how heavy our traffic is. 10-15 miles is a reasonable in Dallas. I haven't been on the swipe apps in years. Mostly every one I approach in-person lives within 10 miles of where I live.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve never invested a cent in dating apps. Your location, profile picture, and social iq are the most important.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are doing in-person approaching well, you'll have enough prospects and no need to supplement.

In Dallas, a range of 30-50 miles would be quite difficult to do with how heavy our traffic is. 10-15 miles is a reasonable in Dallas. I haven't been on the swipe apps in years. Mostly every one I approach in-person lives within 10 miles of where I live.
Same way here in fl. Had a date at the beach 30 miles away. Drive is 1 hr 25 mins of during the day simply due to traffic. I have no choice. Most decent stuff on swipe apps is 1 hour or more away.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot women in Delaware? Never heard that before.
Women from that state look conservative or country to me.

Some of the hottest, kinkiest sex I ever had was from a girl in Delaware. She used to throw her roommate out so she could blow me after class and she loved it in the butt. Very pretty, think she is married now with children. Lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same way here in fl. Had a date at the beach 30 miles away. Drive is 1 hr 25 mins of during the day simply due to traffic. I have no choice. Most decent stuff on swipe apps is 1 hour or more away.
You can't compare Dallas to Naples-Fort Myers. There are far more single people in Metro Dallas.

30 miles in Dallas - Fort Worth would be like someone living in Downtown Dallas dating someone living in Downtown Fort Worth. That drive is 1.5 - 2 hours at peak periods.

In Dallas, there is a decent quantity of options in the neighborhoods near Downtown Dallas. That's not true in Naples-Fort Myers.

If you want to compare Dallas to something in Florida, the comparison is Tampa, Orlando, or Miami-Fort Lauderdale.

I’ve never invested a cent in dating apps. Your location, profile picture, and social iq are the most important.
Most men will need to buy a subscription for unlimited swipes. Most men get a match on a fraction of 1% of their right swipes. Also, I have heard some card stack filtering options are now part of premium membership requiring payment.

A lot of men also need to hire a photographer for a photography session for better pictures too.

It's difficult to do online dating now without paying someone for services outside of the dates themselves.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't compare Dallas to Naples-Fort Myers. There are far more single people in Metro Dallas.

30 miles in Dallas - Fort Worth would be like someone living in Downtown Dallas dating someone living in Downtown Fort Worth. That drive is 1.5 - 2 hours at peak periods.

In Dallas, there is a decent quantity of options in the neighborhoods near Downtown Dallas. That's not true in Naples-Fort Myers.

If you want to compare Dallas to something in Florida, the comparison is Tampa, Orlando, or Miami-Fort Lauderdale.

Most men will need to buy a subscription for unlimited swipes. Most men get a match on a fraction of 1% of their right swipes. Also, I have heard some card stack filtering options are now part of premium membership requiring payment.

A lot of men also need to hire a photographer for a photography session for better pictures too.

It's difficult to do online dating now without paying someone for services outside of the dates themselves.
It's all pay to play now on old. Before match llc bought them all up you didn't have to pay after a few swipes. Pof was free. Now pof one message per day lol. Tinder and bumble useless without paying now.

Probably as a whole why there are less people using old. It's not cheap.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah well, as mentioned by my Philly and MILF post, I'm NOT doing well in-person approaching because I can't find good spots with women that I WANT to approach.

30-50 puts me in range of most of Philadelphia, but also extends me in the same direction south, which is a whole lot of nothing.

Some of the hottest, kinkiest sex I ever had was from a girl in Delaware. She used to throw her roommate out so she could blow me after class and she loved it in the butt. Very pretty, think she is married now with children. Lol
Same. Things were better in terms of quality when I was in college and pre-COVID.

Anyway, the main issue is that it's gonna be expensive and time-consuming to try to scout out places that are decent enough for me to go out of my way to meet women since it's not gonna happen locally.

In my experience, resetting the dating apps will usually put me in front of the most attractive profiles first, so that's the consideration. On the other hand, I'm BARELY swiping right on most chicks on these, so paying money on sh** like Gold, boosts, a photographer, etc might just end up costing a pretty penny to impress the trash I'm already swiping on.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all pay to play now on old. Before match llc bought them all up you didn't have to pay after a few swipes. Pof was free. Now pof one message per day lol. Tinder and bumble useless without paying now.

Probably as a whole why there are less people using old. It's not cheap.
It's pay to play at the bars now. If a dating app costs $35/month, that's less expensive than 1-2 nights out at a bar doing random approaching. Drinks cost money.

Some daygame is free whereas other daygame options cost money. I do think the Match Group is well aware that most men don't have the patience to do street or mall approaching for 2-4 hours at a time on a weekend afternoon.

I'm NOT doing well in-person approaching because I can't find good spots with women that I WANT to approach.
Venue selection is a very important factor in approaching strangers in both non-bar venues and in the bars.