Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Think it's worth investing in dating apps?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pay to play at the bars now. If a dating app costs $35/month, that's less expensive than 1-2 nights out at a bar doing random approaching. Drinks cost money.

Some daygame is free whereas other daygame options cost money. I do think the Match Group is well aware that most men don't have the patience to do street or mall approaching for 2-4 hours at a time on a weekend afternoon.

Venue selection is a very important factor in approaching strangers in both non-bar venues and in the bars.
Yeah.. you also have to include parking, gas, and maybe even a hotel room. Drinks are also very overpriced. Nightgame definitely costs money.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pay to play at the bars now. If a dating app costs $35/month, that's less expensive than 1-2 nights out at a bar doing random approaching. Drinks cost money.
I agree, and that's why I'm considering putting actual effort into my dating app profiles.

The reason why I wouldn't is because I'm rarely swiping right on these chicks as it is, so it's basically the same problem I have at the bars, just on the dating apps. Like is it worth paying for a photographer or these premium services or whatever if I'm still just left swiping on 5s 90% of the time?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you also have to include parking, gas, and maybe even a hotel room. Drinks are also very overpriced. Nightgame definitely costs money.
To me, there's no substitute for the in-person experience, which is why I favor in-person forms of game.

Most men won't need a hotel room for running game. It's only small town men going to bigger cities for one night stands who are the types to need hotel rooms. The typical urban guy running game in his home city is considering parking, gas, or ride share app costs to get to the nightlife venue + cost of alcoholic drinks at the nightlife venue.

The reason why I wouldn't is because I'm rarely swiping right on these chicks as it is, so it's basically the same problem I have at the bars, just on the dating apps. Like is it worth paying for a photographer or these premium services or whatever if I'm still just left swiping on 5s 90% of the time?
Most men need to pay a photographer for higher quality pics for their online dating app profiles. Most men simply don't have enough interesting and high quality pictures from their day-to-day lives to compete well in the highly competitive market of dating apps.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men need to pay a photographer for higher quality pics for their online dating app profiles. Most men simply don't have enough interesting and high quality pictures from their day-to-day lives to compete well in the highly competitive market of dating apps.
Yeah, my question is whether it's worth it to do all this, considering the quality of the women I'm competing FOR.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, my question is whether it's worth it to do all this, considering the quality of the women I'm competing FOR.
You bring looks to the table, which is good. You're 29, soon to be 30. There's only a limited time where looks only can carry you. Around age 35 is when money starts to be a bigger part of the equation.

You are a 'Chad' on looks, and 'Chad' status makes getting laid from swipe apps much easier.

I think it is worth it to you to do these things because you can gain some efficiencies over doing nightlife venue game.

You are going to have to improve your living situation soon as having your own private enclosed space will help you with getting laid.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Some daygame is free whereas other daygame options cost money. I do think the Match Group is well aware that most men don't have the patience to do street or mall approaching for 2-4 hours at a time on a weekend afternoon.

Venue selection is a very important factor in approaching strangers in both non-bar venues and in the bars.
Then on top of the monthly fee gotta pay for boosts or whatever other bs there us too

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then on top of the monthly fee gotta pay for boosts or whatever other bs there us too
The Match Group knows that the typical Millennial male has been unwilling to pound the pavement as hard as Gen X guys were in the late 1990s and 2000s in nightlife venues.

In-person approaching takes a lot of effort in-person and Millennials have been known to want to sit at home and do stuff.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Match Group knows that the typical Millennial male has been unwilling to pound the pavement as hard as Gen X guys were in the late 1990s and 2000s in nightlife venues.

In-person approaching takes a lot of effort in-person and Millennials have been known to want to sit at home and do stuff.
Someone are dumb enough to spend their paychecks on that crap just to get a date from hb5.5

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone are dumb enough to spend their paychecks on that crap just to get a date from hb5.5
Plenty of men will do that because they don't think there's a real alternative at this point to online dating (either swipe apps or sending DMs).

The typical man who lacks a social circle isn't as willing to do the volume of approaches necessary to get a girlfriend as compared to men in that position 20 or 30 years ago.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
occasional 5 or 6 will swipe on me...man...
Aren't you forgetting that you are 'Chad' territory? Really good pics + 'Chad' type looks can make a difference. It's far more than the occasional 5 or 6. You might be able to get abundance of 5's and 6's ready to have sex fast.

You are a guy with a 90+ notch count.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't you forgetting that you are 'Chad' territory? Really good pics + 'Chad' type looks can make a difference. It's far more than the occasional 5 or 6. You might be able to get abundance of 5's and 6's ready to have sex fast.

You are a guy with a 90+ notch count.
While I agree, that doesn't matter nearly as much on the apps.

There are plenty of good looking guys swiping on below average girls. There are NOT a lot of good looking girls swiping on guys. They wouldn't need to. They probably have at least 5 guys in their DMs trying to CashApp their morning coffee or fly them out to meet.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty of good looking guys swiping on below average girls.
Edit: There are plenty of good looking guys swiping on average & below average females.

There are NOT a lot of good looking girls swiping on guys. They wouldn't need to. They probably have at least 5 guys in their DMs trying to CashApp their morning coffee or fly them out to meet.
What are your thoughts on focusing on cultivating an awesome Instagram profile and sending DMs to hotties on Instagram?

Would you rather try to seduce on Instagram or try to seduce in nightlife venues?

I think you see yourself as an 8+ on looks trying to get with an 8+ on looks. What's the best way you think you can achieve that?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Edit: There are plenty of good looking guys swiping on average & below average females.

What are your thoughts on focusing on cultivating an awesome Instagram profile and sending DMs to hotties on Instagram?

Would you rather try to seduce on Instagram or try to seduce in nightlife venues?

I think you see yourself as an 8+ on looks trying to get with an 8+ on looks. What's the best way you think you can achieve that?
In person. Problem is figuring out where they are.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending on where you live dating apps is can work.

It has worked for me in the past before I moved into a long term relationship.

Have a good picture but don't use one that's too edited or way too professional.

Women on tinder want to see a real version of you not a professional college picture.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending on where you live dating apps is can work.

It has worked for me in the past before I moved into a long term relationship.

Have a good picture but don't use one that's too edited or way too professional.

Women on tinder want to see a real version of you not a professional college picture.
The main consideration is whether it's worth spending money on dating apps, considering I mostly swipe on 5s and 6s, but don't live close to anywhere that has a decent amount of attractive women to talk to in person without going out of my way.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will never get girls sitting around thinking too much. Go try it all. Figure out what works for you. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Some of you guys spend way too much time in your head. Just say fuhk it and go do it.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The main consideration is whether it's worth spending money on dating apps, considering I mostly swipe on 5s and 6s, but don't live close to anywhere that has a decent amount of attractive women to talk to in person without going out of my way.
Then time to relocate.

Relocation is always the best choice for someone who can't find either:

A. Friends (Socialzing)
B. Women.
C. Work.

There is nothing more to that.

People are afraid to relocate and to change geographical locations. I get it. It might be hard for some people financially or a challenge.

But it is what it is and you either change or you stagnate.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then time to relocate.
Strongly considering that, just not in a place financially to do that confidently, and stay out of my parent's house.

The job I work is NOT one I can do remotely, which is why what I'm working on for myself would be that. But that's its own can of worms...I'd like to take a look at Florida or Arizona, but I don't have the money or a plan (job mainly) to get by once I do those things.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just try it for 3 months and see how it goes lol.

Better than sitting here over analyzing. If you are as good looking as you say, its worth a try.