Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Think it's worth investing in dating apps?

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Strongly considering that, just not in a place financially to do that confidently, and stay out of my parent's house.

The job I work is NOT one I can do remotely, which is why what I'm working on for myself would be that. But that's its own can of worms...I'd like to take a look at Florida or Arizona, but I don't have the money or a plan (job mainly) to get by once I do those things.
Yep.

Relocating will probably change your life.

Especially if you either change state, or move to another country that actually resonates more with your personality.

People do not realize how important it is to actually change the location you live in. It could potentially expedite your potential to unlimited heights.

Not only work wise, but also socially and romantic wise.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In person. Problem is figuring out where they are.
Venue selection is very important for both daygame and nightgame approaching.

Relocation is always the best choice for someone who can't find either:

A. Friends (Socialzing)
B. Women.
C. Work.
People do not realize how important it is to actually change the location you live in. It could potentially expedite your potential to unlimited heights.

Relocation has a mixed record in solving dating problems. Relocation has a better track record in improving the other 2 parts of life that you mention: friends and work.

The success of relocation depends upon a man's goals in dating and some of his other personal attributes in the areas of looks, money, status, and personality.

Relocation tends to weaken social circles. When men are looking for an extended relationships (1-4 years or more), the best bet for getting that with the least amount of grief and frustration is through a social circle introduction. Getting any sort of relationship without a social circle depends more upon superficialities.

The men I have seen play social circle game the best are men who rarely ever (if ever) move. These are men who lived in the same area for the entirety of their childhoods and then stayed in that same area as adults. At most, they went away to a regional college/university within 3-5 hours of driving of their childhood hometown.

In order to make the life path I described above a reality, a man is dependent upon his parents to keep him geographically fixed until age 18. Additionally, during childhood, the male must be at least ordinary and not a social reject during his K-12 years.

When I was online dating in the 2010s in one of the biggest metro areas in the USA (Dallas - Fort Worth), I had an observation about the pool of online daters using swipe apps. Almost all the women that I met from online dating websites (pre-Tinder's launch in 2012) and then swipe apps were adult transplants to Dallas. They had to use online dating because they didn't have strong social circles in Dallas. It was rare for me to meet someone off of a dating website or app who grew up in the Dallas - Fort Worth area. The women who grew up in Dallas - Fort Worth usually had strong enough social circles that they didn't need to use apps to meet men. They found their longer term relationships from their social circles for the most part. In Dallas, almost all of the swipe app daters (both male and female) arrived in Dallas as adults somewhere in their 20s or beyond.

Men who lack social circles need to end up either approaching strangers, swiping on apps, or sending DMs to strangers on social media. All of those paths are more difficult and less sustainable paths for extended relationships of any kind. All of those paths are more dependent on male superficialities to initially attract a woman. A man will need better looks, more money, or a more dynamic personality to compensate for the lack of a social circle making the introduction and vouching for the man. Relocations reduce the probability that these social circles are in place.

I believe my multiple childhood and early adulthood relocations affected how I was able to develop relationships.

It is worth noting that many men who get social circle girlfriends tend to retain those girlfriends for a long time and often beyond the useful life of the relationship. A lot of the social circle girlfriend guys are beta males and beta males operate from a scarcity mindset. It's common to see a 10 year+ relationship from social circle which does lead to a marriage proposal.

For men with social circles, the problem with the social circle method eventually becomes sustainability as social circles get pissed at men who continually exchange girlfriends, even if the relationships are semi-long (1-4 years). The behavior described in the last sentence is serial monogamy, so it is accurate to say that social circles get pissed off at serial monogamists. It is important to remember that social circles generally have a blue pill viewpoint on romantic relationships. A man might be able to pull 2 LTRs from a social circle without marrying one. After 2 instances, he will have typically bled the social circle dry. Then again, a lot of the beta males who use social circle game aren't interested in serial monogamy and believe in the idea of a sustainable, happier marriage.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep.

Relocating will probably change your life.

Especially if you either change state, or move to another country that actually resonates more with your personality.

I agree that relocating can be quite impactful on a guy's dating life, but there are some cons to this.

1). It must not be a "You" problem-

Most people are too lazy and arrogant to put in the work necessary and take accountability at certain times. Otherwise, a guy can move, and he will just have the same problems in a different city. When I left my crappy home city, I was 12% body fat, had relationship experience under my belt, making decent money, relative success with OLD, hobbies & purpose, not deep rooted in the red pill. I was in the position to confidently say that the reason I was not getting respectable output for my inputs was because I was a black man in Nashville, Tn. If you cannot do this step then moving is a complete waste of time unless you are literally in East Jabib or Williston, North Dakota.

2). Not everyone has the privilege of just up and leave a place.

I took advantage of a permanent work from home policy granted to me by the Pandemic. Most jobs are back in office or hybrid now, so that privilege is long gone. Prior to the pandemic, I spent hours of my free time every week applying for jobs out of state and with no success for about 2-3 years. In addition, the positions at my company that were out of state were unattainable due to my hiring class. Certain jobs have an exception of getting outsourced from non-local applicants and certain applicants like fresh college graduates have an easier time getting selected over local applicants. Now, this is just trying to move with a job, but I would not advise quitting your job and moving to a different city without one either. I have been in a situation without a job with 50k in the bank and you will be shocked on how fast that goes away if you have normal living expenses. Last, I did not even touch base on other issues like family members, friends, logistical bottlenecks, and etc. I will admit that I got extremely lucky with my move, but I was also putting in the work necessary EVERY DAY to make it happen too.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're going to be severely disappointed with the results but if you have money to burn then I guess why not

Problem with dating apps is whilst yea everyone is on them to "find someone" everyones expectations are SOOO fvcking high

Everyone wants the perfect match , I went on a few hinge dates last year most of them were horrendous and we never spoke again the vibe and chemistry was just way off I was with women who were objectively 6/7's but had expectations way way above that

Plus you have to waste like 1-2 weeks messaging these random women just to set a date up which involves investing time and money

You approach a woman in real life not only do you get to pick the girls you really fancy

you know within 5 mins wether she is interested and within 20 mins wether you two have a spark or sexual chemistry

If its not there you can just move on with your day , if it is you exchange details and proceed

its a far far more efficient than a dating app

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I'll probably end up doing is resetting the dating apps and maybe paying for tinder Gold for a week to see what my matches look like.
r/swipehelper has a reset guide

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
r/swipehelper has a reset guide
I took a quick look, those guides look like they're for people who managed to get banned/shadowbanned and wanted to make another account on a new phone or something.

I think you're going to be severely disappointed with the results but if you have money to burn then I guess why not

Problem with dating apps is whilst yea everyone is on them to "find someone" everyones expectations are SOOO fvcking high

Everyone wants the perfect match , I went on a few hinge dates last year most of them were horrendous and we never spoke again the vibe and chemistry was just way off I was with women who were objectively 6/7's but had expectations way way above that

Plus you have to waste like 1-2 weeks messaging these random women just to set a date up which involves investing time and money

You approach a woman in real life not only do you get to pick the girls you really fancy

you know within 5 mins wether she is interested and within 20 mins wether you two have a spark or sexual chemistry

If its not there you can just move on with your day , if it is you exchange details and proceed

its a far far more efficient than a dating app
I agree with all this, and it's not a matter of doing dating apps INSTEAD of approaching in person, obviously, I prefer in-person. However, I don't live in a great area for that because I have to really go out of my way for that and I have to hope there are women at these venues attractive enough for me to give a s***.

So this is all about what the breakeven point is when it comes to investing in dating apps so I can potentially have some prospects that I might not see otherwise.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took a quick look, those guides look like they're for people who managed to get banned/shadowbanned and wanted to make another account on a new phone or something.

I agree with all this, and it's not a matter of doing dating apps INSTEAD of approaching in person, obviously, I prefer in-person. However, I don't live in a great area for that because I have to really go out of my way for that and I have to hope there are women at these venues attractive enough for me to give a s***.

So this is all about what the breakeven point is when it comes to investing in dating apps so I can potentially have some prospects that I might not see otherwise.

I know but you have to be conscious of how much time your putting into women & dating too

It can take over your whole life and once women have a sniff they are your main focus in life it all becomes 100x harder

This is what I have actively experienced over the last 2 years , Ive been on a relentless pursuit to find a suitable wife and all I have come across is women I'm incompatible with , low quality and Sloots yet the amount of time and energy I have had to expend has been incredible

Sometimes your pursuing something so hard , what is actually good for you doesn't have a chance to find you

I believe you very much have to build a life a woman actively wants to be a part of , rather than trying to Chase them down and force them into it

Difficult concept for a man to accept but defenitley one I am finding to be true

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If it's free, passing time while taking a dump as another poster put it, sure then. I wouldn't keep paying for them though.

The quantity and quality of women has drastically went down the last few years on them.

Personally OLD companies have themselves to blame for it. When Match LLC started neutering their sites and making them pay to play, less swipes before you gotta pay. Bumble same way. POF basically useless now since it's $$$. ARound 2020 they made it more pay to play and later that year noticed a drastic reduction in women on those sites.

Now Match LLC stock has tanked. Bumble laid people off.
I used to slay like crazy on POF. But last year, only met 1 chick off it. I blocked and deleted her since she wasn't DTF. Boosts used to get me 10 new messages back in 2016-2018. Now, boosts are damn useless. Worse, you could only send 1 message every 24 hours.