Think=Become

AverageJoe5

Don Juan
Reaction score
"The mind is everything, what we think we become." - Buddha Gotama

This is an ancient Buddist quote, but yet it's still holds true today. If one thinks they're a winner, they become a winner. If one thinks they're a loser, they become a loser. Think about it. Last time you thought positive of yourself, did you find yourself with a burst of confidence? Flip the coin over. Last time you thought negative of yourself, did you find yourself in a fit of depression? When your afraid of approaching a girl, what are you usually thinking? The answer is probably some negative thoughts of yourself. Change that around and let's say your thinking more positive of yourself. Suddenly you find the fear evaporating away and yourself approaching that hottie. The mind is a very powerful force which is controlled by what we think. It's how one percieves themself and the world around them. We make the world around us. How is the world your living in?

PigAdlemPimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a Winner in life does not always make people happy, I once had a freind named Brad, who was a super confident type of dude, he was a hunk who was gifted in most areas of his life, he ran a successful business and had the majority of the hottest babes who knew him virtually eating out of his hands, yet he continuously was admitted to psychiatric hospitals with severe depression and seriously contemplated suicide on many occassions.
If you look in the newspapers and the tv you will see just how many famous people there are who are depressed and suicidal, many do end their own lives, which idicates to me that being a Winner with the hottest babes or anything else in life does not automatically equate to happiness and a positive attitude towards all other aspects in that particular dudes life. :mad:

yngad

Don Juan
Reaction score
PigAdlemPimp said:
Being a Winner in life does not always make people happy, I once had a freind named Brad, who was a super confident type of dude, he was a hunk who was gifted in most areas of his life, he ran a successful business and had the majority of the hottest babes who knew him virtually eating out of his hands, yet he continuously was admitted to psychiatric hospitals with severe depression and seriously contemplated suicide on many occassions.
If you look in the newspapers and the tv you will see just how many famous people there are who are depressed and suicidal, many do end their own lives, which idicates to me that being a Winner with the hottest babes or anything else in life does not automatically equate to happiness and a positive attitude towards all other aspects in that particular dudes life. :mad:

he should probably do something else that makes him happy.

JPFromTally

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your name is AverageJoe5.... Does this mean you think you're average? If so, then does that mean that you are?

LA_Chico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JPFromTally said:
Your name is AverageJoe5.... Does this mean you think you're average? If so, then does that mean that you are?
no bro, i think it means he plays Dodgeball man

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. I can say that this is probably where most of my success comes from as does most anybody else's.

Labourer

Don Juan
Reaction score
to an extent this is true, but just THINKING doesn't mean that you are, for example, if I thought I was the fastest runner in the world it wouldn't make me the fastest just by THINKING IT.

I know what you really mean so I'm just being awkward, but thinking is the first step to becoming and becoming is achieved by doing, but realistically there are MANY more factors that determine how good someone can be, genetics, environmental factors all affect someone.

but, your right, a positive outlook is definately required before undertaking anything.