Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Things Are Getting Bad in Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear you wifehunter. Knives are a great backup, highly recommended.

Guns are still a necessity though....especially if/when dealing with multiple attackers.
Good point!

I guess I'm fortunate to not feel the need to have a gun, for now.

If things change, I'll probably end up with a Glock 19 or 17 or whatever 9mm I can get my hands on. 1911???

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer the ruger 9mm, light fast and sooo easy to fire off multiple rounds quickly.

Any good knife recommendations? Especially for cases of getting jumped or sudden short range combat?
No nothing good, in fact, I'd maybe get a knife that's cheap and disposable for that type of situation. Like a walmart camping knife. Odds are, it's going to get dinged up, broken or lost anyway.

+1 on the ruger...the price was awesome, last time I looked.

Last edited:

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did the Impeachment thread get deleted after barely 20 minutes....????

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am getting a Hawaiian sling for fishing, down here in south Florida it's also called a Bimini sling. It is basically a primitive spear gun but it works really well. It is small enough and lite weight enough for travel and very quiet and productive for fishing. In bad times it can help put food on the table. No one plans to fail , they just fail to plan.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, you'd think it would be genuine news. The rules say no politics, so obviously that's why. Lots of politics gets discussed here though, so I'm not sure why they draw the line on the impeachment.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I put it up as soon as it happened. 2 minutes later it was deleted. Billtx49 private messaged me below:

Read the Forum rules published in 2013 regarding political posts…

I tried to respond with “It’s not my personal beliefs, it’s fact.” but the conversation was closed to further replies.”

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I put it up as soon as it happened. 2 minutes later it was deleted. Billtx49 private messaged me below:

Read the Forum rules published in 2013 regarding political posts…

I tried to respond with “It’s not my personal beliefs, it’s fact.” but the conversation was closed to further replies.”
He's probably on his period. I have over moderation . Creates a censorship culture.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Democrats are hell bent on strict gun control. Most of Virginia is not. It isn't New York or California. News isn't really covering it. People are pissed. You've got normal people talking extreme stuff here. People are forming militias. Over 80 localities have passed resolutions stating they will stand against any unconstitutional gun control passed by the state. There's only 90 some counties.

See, Virginia has many many rural counties. The people from those counties are extremely stubborn. There's basically 3 cultures in Virginia. You have the federal influence of Northern Virginia and Norfolk. You have the tidewater culture. This culture goes back to the first settlers. Strong respect for authority AND tradition. Then there's the Appalachian culture. A culture that hates centralized government.

So, what do you have happening? Thousands of people showing up at Board of Supervisors meetings demanding action.

What will happen? I don't know.
Prediction:

Virginia will have less related gun deaths as a result. Republicans will spend the next two decades bvtching about gun control but no confiscation will actually happen. Gun and ammo sales will skyrocket out of irrational fear. Like here in New Jersey, Virginia will develop a reputation for hating the second amendment. However, law abiding citizens with clean background checks will find that “gun control” actually only amounts to consent of said background check, an application, and small fee.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
1. You do know it was the muh "17 intelligence agencies" who pushed the WMDs right?
Sure. I just hope the “17 intelligence agencies” don’t tell the American people “there is no immense threat to American soil” when there actually is.

2. Banning 200 million what from America?
People.

President used his executive powers to ban more than 200 million people from entering America, in the interests of security, while in the same week, the House of Representatives relaxed background checks for gun ownership,

3. Trade wars have been going on forever, the US only just now decided to fight back.
US farmers are sure happy they are fighting back.

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If the Senate votes to keep Trump in office (which they 99.9% will since it’s majority republican).... the Democrats really screwed themselves (yet again/what a shock) with the whole Impeachment. I know it’s made me want to vote for Trump again even more. And I know I’m not in the minority. I expect Trump to win again in 2020.

When you add the Impeachment and who the Dems have running for 2020 together... I can’t see Trump losing at the moment.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the Senate votes to keep Trump in office (which they 99.9% will since it’s majority republican).... the Democrats really screwed themselves (yet again/what a shock) with the whole Impeachment. I know it’s made me want to vote for Trump again even more. And I know I’m not in the minority. I expect Trump to win again in 2020.

When you add the Impeachment and who the Dems have running for 2020 together... I can’t see Trump losing at the moment.
Keep believing that bullshvt. You are in fact in the minority and you were voting Trump in 2020 anyway. (Were you planning on voting twice or something?) Trump and Republicans have lost the national popular vote in every election since 2010. The idea that Democrats will receive a backlash for upholding the rule of law is laughable.

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep believing that bullshvt. You are in fact in the minority and you were voting Trump in 2020 anyway. (Were you planning on voting twice or something?) Trump and Republicans have lost the national popular vote in every election since 2010. The idea that Democrats will receive a backlash for upholding the rule of law is laughable.
time will tell, my friend. National vote doesn’t matter. It should imo, but it doesn’t.

the democratic candidates are a joke.

I don’t see why Trump won’t win again.

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe Biden as your leading candidate for 2020?

comical isn’t even the word.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The popular vote dont mean squat except as a consolation prize for losing....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like Pelosi is holding off on sending the trial over to the Senate..... Does anyone truly doubt that this was all a political stunt to help out the failing democratic candidates.....?????...

Tonight's democratic debate is already showing signs of being a low-ratings dud.....

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
time will tell, my friend. National vote doesn’t matter. It should imo, but it doesn’t.

the democratic candidates are a joke.

I don’t see why Trump won’t win again.
The national vote doesn’t decide who wins, but to say it doesn’t matter is intellectually dishonest. If Trump loses the popular vote by 5%, (generic congressional polling is currently Democrats +6.5%) he’s virtually guaranteed to lose the electoral college.

Challenger candidates don’t matter in incumbent Presidential elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.