there's too much salt in everything!!!

monster squad

Don Juan
Reaction score
The other night I ate a roastbeed sandwich, along with some of these Morning Star mushroom nugget's w/some marinara. Washed it all down with a can of V-8 (I like the "Heart Healthy" claim on the label). I sat down in front of the computer, and 5 minutes later felt like I was having a fvcking heart attack! I had to go lay down for like an hour before I felt well enough to move.

I went and checked some of the labels and was somewhat shocked at the amount of sodium in everything. Just the 3 little mushroom things and marinara were over 1,000 mg's of sodium. That's like 2 tsp's of salt. My whole meal ended up being over 100% of the daily recommended amount of sodium. Sh1t! What I ate wasn't even a meal. More like an small snack. Even a liter of spring water has 10 mg's of salt in it.

I gotta be more careful.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, damn man.

If I were you I'd go get checked out to make sure I didn't actually have a heart attack in that kind of instance.

You can actually have small heart attacks that do damage to you and some that don't cause any pain at all days before the big one that kills ya.

But yeah if you did have one it must've been from all that salt.

Yikes.

monster squad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I don't think it was quite like a heart attack. More like I felt my heart racing like crazy, and I felt sick. And it was a week ago. I've been plenty physical in the meantime, and I'm not dead, so all's well. I've just been keeping a closer eye on sodium intake. I dumped out all the V-8 I had left. That sh1t is deadly, and I chug it like water.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just down a lot of water(gallon+) in the next couple of days and you should be o.k.

Live and learn right?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hyper-arrythmia is serious stuff. balance out all that sodium with some potassium (think bananas) and see a doctor soon -- he can tell you what your numbers look like, and listen to your heart for weird stuff going on.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't f*ck with your heart man. Go get it checked by the doc.

Just something to think about...There are different heart attack symptoms(including abnormal/fast/slow heartbeat), that can last for a while.

Or... It could have been acid reflux.

Which reminds me, I'm going to get my **** checked this week, I've been feeling odd lately too, so better safe than...dead!

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
isnt high sodium a daily occurrence? especially with all the foods prepared nowadays, and with most ppl eating out rather than in. we should be hearing a lot more cases of too much salt pruned shriveled humans if it were indeed a big problem

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's really not much salt.

And salt intake doesn't really effect blood pressure except in people with already high blood pressure.