There’s a new way to avoid getting STDs without wearing a condom

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
For those who didn't know.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...could-also-make-the-problem-worse/ar-AA1egrdM

Public health officials are deploying a powerful new weapon in the war against rising sexually transmitted infections: a common antibiotic that works as a morning-after pill.

It is the latest advancement as the sexual health field shifts to preventive medicine — not just condoms, abstinence and tests — as the best hope for quashing the pathogens that can spread during sex.

For the past decade, people have been able to have unprotected sex with a low risk of contracting HIV thanks to daily pills known as PrEP, or pre-exposure prophylaxis. But they were still susceptible to bacterial bugs, including the recent spike in syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia — until now.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Doxy has been around for 60 + years; it's particularly effective against most STDs. Still, few people (outside healthcare) knew that a mega oral bolus could act as a morning-after solution to unprotected sex.

Unfortunately, this article has mainstreamed it, as it could be used in states where rape victims couldn't receive ru-486 because of recent changes. Its increased use will also foster the creation of antibiotic-resistant strains of STDs, bad all around.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doxy has been around for 60 + years; it's particularly effective against most STDs. Still, few people (outside healthcare) knew that a mega oral bolus could act as a morning-after solution to unprotected sex.

Unfortunately, this article has mainstreamed it, as it could be used in states where rape victims couldn't receive ru-486 because of recent changes. Its increased use will also foster the creation of antibiotic-resistant strains of STDs, bad all around.
Correct me if I am wrong. But you say that it's basically an illusion of safety? Because at first you're unaffected by STDs, but over time you might catch a incurable infection?

Sounds like chemotherapy where you kill of everything in order to survive.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Condoms offer very poor protection for STDs.

If you think of the natural openings in the material of a condom, the virus would be the size of a pinpoint and the condom's natural openings would be the size of a giant double door.

Which means it's not very good protection at all. Condoms are to prevent pregnancies. Trying to use them for any other reason will not provide the benefits you think.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Condoms offer very poor protection for STDs.

If you think of the natural openings in the material of a condom, the virus would be the size of a pinpoint and the condom's natural openings would be the size of a giant double door.

Which means it's not very good protection at all. Condoms are to prevent pregnancies. Trying to use them for any other reason will not provide the benefits you think.
This should immediately make any man think twice about honoring and visiting prostitutes and thinking its " perfectly safe ".

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
antibiotics should only be used for the amount of time that they are prescribed for. They should only be used once the efficacy is guaranteed for the particular bug you’re trying to kill.

When you don’t do this or follow the instructions completely, you allow bacteria to develop defenses against the
method of action the antibiotics use to kill pathogens. Hence allowing natural selection to take place a zillion times a day and mutations to occur that render the antibiotics ineffective.

Correct me if I am wrong. But you say that it's basically an illusion of safety? Because at first you're unaffected by STDs, but over time you might catch a incurable infection?

Sounds like chemotherapy where you kill of everything in order to survive.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if I have to be happy or annoyed honestly.

Anyway I would rather avoid any chemicals unless strictly necessary.