Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Then versus now.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been waiting to get a link posted for you guys for a long time.

We've talked about how bad advertising sucks, how "days gone by" have been different, and the feminization of society for a long time. We have had all sorts of posts to youtube movies of bad commercials, links to articles, and lots of negative examples. We've never really had anything good to compare to or contrast the bad examples.

Well, a long time ago when I was working at a graphics joint downtown by the university on 3rd shift, a young woman placed an order and left her marketing textbook overnight. I got to skimming through and checking old ads when I found one that I HAD to have. I enlarged it, pasted a picture of my face in it, and it hangs framed on the wall at my place. The text is glorious, and the caption, although it seems to be an attempt to mock, comes off as envious...

Behold!

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1849/vanheusenhl3.jpg

Ahhh... :rockon:
You're welcome, guys.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
Haven't the tables turned in 1 generation of feminism! Any man who thinks we have it better off today with women is a fool. We basically traded quantity for quality.

What would be cool is if you can find (shouldn't be too hard) some contemporary ad showing a man supplicating to a woman for clear contrast.

I also think we should start a graphic poster campaign showing the bloody sacrifices and heroic struggles men have had to make - to counteract all the feminist propaganda harping on the *sob* "domestic oppression" women have had to "suffer" from.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
took alot of work there vulpine to find all those links.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh... just upload, cut, paste... quite simple. I had all the art already (grapics industry job).

What do you think of the tie ad, penkitten? Hmmm? No comment? I wouldn't blame you... any woman that comes to my place and sees that gem hanging on the wall is like:

:eek:

Then...

:cuss:

But, after learning after many arguements, I now say: "Hold on." Then I go in my room, put on a nice shirt and tie, come out and say, "There's the kitchen, get to it." *point*

If they proceed to :cuss: I calmly ask, "No?" *point to the door* "Then, get to it."

I don't care to hang around femi-freaks, much less listen to them tell me what's what. Get into a big winded argument about an ad from 1951? OUT! OUT! OUT!

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YES!!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about, right there!
:rockon:

...and Man! How that fine Van Heusen sewmanship holds it's shape!

Damn I need to go buy some Van Heusen shirts and ties now. Wow.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking of Van Heusen, someone said they had an awesome superbowl ad. Anyone seen it or have a link?

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, kyphan.

That was somewhat sweet. Coming off the elevator and the woman has coffee waiting for him... but tame in comparison.

I supose. Don't need the feminazi's spaming PR's servers. :rolleyes:

No wait, considering the times, that was a hella-awesome commercial!

I love how Van Heusen attempted to SNEAK in the signals past the women.
Subliminal advertising? (COVERT! CLASSY! LOVE IT!)

See the chick in the car in the beginning? Now, when the guy has his hand on the pool table - look close. Then, in the office, the chick by the door in the hall? Watch the eyes of the secretary as the guy goes by (albeit in reverse). Now, see who is in bed at the end (beginning)? A blonde. Same one who picked him up that night, right? Look again.

HAHAHA LMAO - SNEAKY! :cheer: Go Van Heusen!

kyphan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a hunch you would enjoy it.

It's too bad Van Heusen no longer makes quality clothing - at least, what they sell in the USA is less than desirable.

Mind_Body_Soul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy sh1t Vupline! That picture "show her it's a man's world" is the best! Do you possibly have a link to the original without your mug on it ;)

Bad_Lil'Pixie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*singing*
I can bring home the bacon,
fry it up in the pan
and never let you forget you're a man
'cause I'm a woooommmmmaaaan!
*end song*

I just couldn't resist that!!

Happy Friday, t-minus 7 hours til 5 and I am counting down!

Peace, Pix

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mind_Body_Soul said:
Holy sh1t Vupline! That picture "show her it's a man's world" is the best! Do you possibly have a link to the original without your mug on it ;)
Now why on earth would you want the original? It's FAR better with my mug on there!

Unfortunately, MBS, that's what I've got. I pulled it out of the frame to scan it. Since it's a done deal, I didn't keep the steps, and the original was in a book.

But, I urge you to run an exhaustive search to track down an "original original" and share it with us. The version I had was scanned to go into a book, then once I got ahold of it, enlarged, then enlarged, then enlarged again - so the quality is 5th generation suck. If you did happen to stumble across an original, I imagine there would be a jackpot of other awesome ads along with it. Make it a mission dude, help us out!

BLP, :mad:
That damn song was in my head yesterday when I revisited this thread. That's the fu<ker that I blame all this crap advertising on! That b!tch started this mess!
...Awww-shou-leee! GRRRRR! I HATE YOU, BLP! I HATE YOU-I HATE YOU-I HATE CHOOOooo....
*runs to room, slams door, throws self face-down on bed sobbing*

Bad_Lil'Pixie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
BLP, :mad:
That damn song was in my head yesterday when I revisited this thread. That's the fu<ker that I blame all this crap advertising on! That b!tch started this mess!
...Awww-shou-leee! GRRRRR! I HATE YOU, BLP! I HATE YOU-I HATE YOU-I HATE CHOOOooo....
*runs to room, slams door, throws self face-down on bed sobbing*
Here now sweetie, this one will make it all better.....

Helen Reddy - I Am Woman

Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman
Oh, I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweet! It's the "X-mas T3chn0co10r xtended remix"! I'm tranced-out on all the pretty colors! :rockon:

Nice score, MBS!

If you hit "back" at the bottom of the Van Heusen page... that's where the goldmine starts:
http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/4026/ads/arrowad.html
That arrow "dynamics" ad is teh dopeshow! "You understand dynamics. ...Wear it, Man! Wear it!" :up:

As for you BLP:
:moon:

Helen Reddy - I Am Woman (Back2Erf Vulpine Mix)

Oh yes I am wise when I ask my friends what to do
But it's wisdom born of emotion
Yes, I've paid the price for not using logic
Now look how much weight I gained
If I have to I can face anything with tears in my eyes
I am strong (unless I need a jar of pickles opened)
I am invincible (unless I break a nail)
I am woman
Dammit! I am woman! Aren't you even listening to me?
I AM INVINCIBLE!
I AM STRONG!

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HB: "So, what do you do for a living?"
V: "I'm a butt model for 'moon' emoticons."