"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

The void in the rules

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Guys guys guys (and the lurking girl), if it has been said once on here, chances are it's been said a few dozen times. You see "rules" about approaching and whatnot on this site.

- Use tons of eye contact.

- Great to use ****y/funny and neg hits.

- Call between 3-5 days.

- Dress nicely, have short hair, and shave.

Of course, these are good rules. However, as a fellow moderator says, "There are no rules."

We are humans, not machines. We don't have to follow "rules" to get results in life. If we did, everyone in college would be multi-millionaires and running Fortune 500 companies.

Instead, there are numerous people who never went to college (or completed it,) who are rolling big time. There are also people who went to college who are on the streets or in $4.00 an hour jobs.

Rules are not a standard. Merely a guideline, if you will. Things are not always black and white either. You can't sit there and go "Wow, she's looking at me! She must like me!" HA! You could have something hanging out of your nose for all you know!

Remember. There are rules and there are "rules." Know which ones to follow.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
good reminder Eternal

Although I believe that the rules should be followed by the newbies until they get a handle on things. Then they can throw out the rules and create there own.

Do you agree or disagree with that Eternal.
 

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by baseballDJ
good reminder Eternal

Although I believe that the rules should be followed by the newbies until they get a handle on things. Then they can throw out the rules and create there own.

Do you agree or disagree with that Eternal.
I disagree. I think for newbies it'd be easier to read and mold themselves around the information instead of trying to mold the information into themselves. It's easier to understand something if you break it down into something you can understand.
 

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Say you're getting ready to write your senior english paper. You've brainstormed out a lot of ideas about the topic, and have a complete outline to follow..you're not merely going to copy down the whole outline as your paper are you? Of course not. You use it to guide you while you write the paper. The same goes for following the so called "rules". They're there to guide us guys, and that's it. If there was a set of rules every guy had to follow to become successful, shoot, who wouldn't do it? You have to create your own path.
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
OK every counter example I try to come up with means that the newbie could just remold the rules into his own rules about the dating game.

Good post:)
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
you should not follow rules as in patterns for example do not have a set way you must react to every situation.

you just need to change your look and personality etc.. and then use it in the situation to say what you think you should rather then what you have heared you should
 

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
I've been saying this for a while. Use instinct. Simple as that.
 

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
656
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Buffalo, NY
Im sorry but posts like this only hurt the community. The poeple who no longer NEED to follow rules KNOW IT ALREADY.

I only do the 3 second rule half the time. I get more #s a week than most will in a month [or two].

HOWEVER... this site is not an advanced seduction via mind games and model looks place. This is an average joe who wants to land an 8.5 who can make him happy place. Rules are for average guys because that structure build a wonderful foundation to BRANCH OFF OFF.

When I do not use the 3 second rule I still hold eyecontact smile and wave as soon as possible. I just dont approach right away. I let the girl look @ me up and down from across the room - that whay when I CATCH her looking, I can use a simple Indicator of interest based appraoch "Hey I saw u lookin @ my butt - thatll be 2 dollars"

Thats not in any rule book. But 94% of the guys here couldnt pull that off. Not even close.

In summation:
Follow the ****in rules, untill you can confindently say "I make my own ****ing rules" and still get layed
 
Top