Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The strangest thing...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haev you guys noticed how much more receptive women tend to be when you are dressed like a scrub? I mean, not dirty like a bagman, but in just your regular clothes, or with your hair mussed up.

In addition, this shyt only seems to work on white American chicks. They European girls HATE the scruffy, "dirty" look, as do Asian ones. That has been my experience. Anyone else get similar results?

I'm completely baffled. :confused:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not at all

The only time I ever get appraoched by gals is when I'm dressed sharp and "well put-together." But I do have a unique style. When I look dressed-down and scruffy, that is lost.

The TallOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone is different..

Sometimes the 'scruffy look' works for some.. some others need the 'sharp look'.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
You know how most girls look without makeup and their hair done? yeah sh1tty..

thats how i feel and probably look when im scruffed.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The TallOne
Everyone is different..

Sometimes the 'scruffy look' works for some.. some others need the 'sharp look'.
as the man said, works for some.

a year ago, i dressed semi casual and somewhat sharp like. now i dress differently with regular clothes and occasional sweatshirt.

it's hard to tell, but it seems i was more successful with the sharp look. But i dont want to portray that cause sometimes you can seem too much of a nice guy in that way.

the thing yo usaid about european and asians, imo that's just a media idealized thing. it's not reality as we all have different taastes.

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shytty look has never seemed to work w/ me. Plus it's not really my style.

When I go out, I try to look nice, preppy, and presentable. Usually get good results that way. Sometimes I go out in my work clothes after work, and that is business clothes (nice khaki's and a button up shirt or nice polo shirt). Get good results that way too.

It's all about the way you present yourself though. Clothes do matter- to a point. If you dress the part, but you act like a slob you arent gonna be successful. If you dress down, jeans and t-shirt, but act formal or w/e, you are gonna be successful.

Again to repeat what hte other guys said, it's diff for everyone. My preppy look that yields good results may not work for the guy down the street. He could possibly get the same results I get and dress down 24/7.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys - 'preppy' doesn't necessarily mean "well dressed". I know guys who end up looking like dressed-up librarians when they go preppy.

Alright - I think we should reframe that idea and call it "being dressed to impress". You can be wearing rocker-garb, and still look like you put a lot of effort into looking good, if it is well put-together. 90% of men do not know how to "put an outfit together" - they automatically think that throwing on a suit or collared shirt with designer jeans makes them "preppy" or "dressed up". I think that Soma is a superb dresser - you guys should ask his opinion about what a 'good dresser' is.

Anyway, about Euros and Asians - unless you've been to both places and are intimate with their popular culture (meaning how they behave in theri nightspots, what 'look' is popular, etc.) - you'll notice that they wear form-fitting clothes and neatly tailored pants/blazers/jackets/shirts/t-shirts that give them a decidedly more "dressy" look, even though they are just wearing jeans. American clothing brands on the other hand, have unflattering baggy/boxy cuts and uninteresting designs/colors that just make everything look 'dressed down'. What does this mean? It means that clothing companies/designers in both nations are just giving the consumers what they want - the Euro/Asians what is dressy, and the Americans what might be considered 'sloppy'. For example, all the brand names that us Americans might only wear on special occasision (and might otherwise consider "overkill" in other situations), are standard everyday garb in Europe, and Japan/Korea, for example. And because of these cultural aesthetic differences, women from Europe/Asia have 'higher standards' in mens' fashion sense, compared to America. I see college guys go to class in sandals, basketball shorts, and sweatshirts all the time, and not to sound like a fag, but it looks kinda 'gross' and grubby. If you did that Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Japan - you would probably be mocked behind your back.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dukester
Shytty look has never seemed to work w/ me. Plus it's not really my style.

I try to look nice, preppy, and presentable.

Originally posted by Dukester

nice khaki's and a button up shirt or nice polo shirt

This is precisely what I'm talking about. If you dressed like above with the expectation of getting stares (based on your fashion sense) you would not get a second look in the hottest European hotspots if you dressed like this - you would scream, "WALLFLOWER!" That's not a personal attack - just making a point. Yet in America, and perhaps especially in teh Midwest and on the East Coast (with the exception of NYC/Manhattan), this would be considered "dressy".

Taking all this into consideration, it' just amusing to me how America has this 'scrub sub-culture' when it comes to fashion and grooming that women actually respond to.

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have a good point jake. but i was just basing all that off the reactions i get. I dont really have any contact w/ europe or asia to know too much about that.

To me preppy is dressing nice.
Thats just the way i normally dress, and I get good results based on my look (attitude is a big factor too btw)
and the khaki's and button up- that's business casual at wear i work. i have to dress light that. and sometimes i go out after work, and that's what i'd be wearing.

i understand where you are coming from. i do agreee w/ ya about the sandals, and b-ball shorts. I dont think those guys look very presentalble. to me, that's stupid. so it's cool dude. i feel where you are coming from

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about Asia, but in Europe, people are such fashion wh0res it's insane. Everybody only wears designer sh!t, if it doesn't have a brand, it's nothing.

Also, polos and khakis are considered casual wear over there.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
I don't know about Asia, but in Europe, people are such fashion wh0res it's insane. Everybody only wears designer sh!t, if it doesn't have a brand, it's nothing.

Also, polos and khakis are considered casual wear over there.

Precisely. I wore khakis and polos in Rome one day, and I was so self-conscious because I felt like a damned hick. Unelegant, uncultured, and just completely out of the loop (I never wore that in Rome again. As the say, "When in Rome..."). All the Italian brothers were wearing pinstriped Gucci slacks or bootcut Armani/Diesel/G-Star jeans with expensive prada loafers, and designer (Channel, Gucci) sunglasses. This was on a weekday afternoon. Crazy. :D In America, even in NYC - that would only be considered appropriate for a Saturday - hell, for a MOVIE PREMIERE. :p

Mindovermatter,

The Koreans and Japanese are insane fashion wh0res too - they just happen to have the most disposable income out of all the Asian nations. The Japanse tend to be the most ecclectic/sleek dressers, though - enough to rival and European nation. In Europe, I found that the Swedes, some Brits, and Italians dress veyr impressively. The most scrubby dressers were most Dutch, and some Germans. :p

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to drive home my point:

Check out ESPRIT, which is an Asian clothing company that is quite big in Europe, like the gap of Europe

http://www.esprit-online-shop.com/index_uk.htm

Then, compare their clothing to that of the real GAP in the US:

http://www.gap.com

You'll see what I mean when I say the clothes are just tailored and designed differently - the American product is clearly inferior in terms of cut and design. I wish American designers and also consumers would get a clue. :eek:

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some European chicks do go for the "scrubs" look, as long as you don't follow it up with lameass American "coolness" (which means arrogance to the rest of the world).

Heaps of Euro exchange students come all the time, and while some of them think I dress like a bum (only time I ever dress up is when it involves money), but some of them find it a pretty refreshing change from the stiff European fashion thing. Some of them even started dressing down

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
Like what someone said before, it all depends on the woman. Personally, i like a man to be well-groomed, but not too well-groomed. Metro=yuck. but thats just me. I used to like the dirty punk-rocker greaser-type but opinions change.

I respect your personal preference, but again all you do is back up my observations - American chicks like scrubs!. :p

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
Like what someone said before, it all depends on the woman. Personally, i like a man to be well-groomed, but not too well-groomed. Metro=yuck. but thats just me. I used to like the dirty punk-rocker greaser-type but opinions change.
what style is considerd "METRO"?

I like dressing business casual or the way I would dress on a Sunday outing in the city, nothing fancy, just slacks, nice shirt or sweater, casual dress shoes, dress watch, clean and neat appearance. similiar to a well dressed sales clerk would dress in a Dept store like Macy's.

:confused:

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Jake here. Here's what I've observed....

I find that I get more looks from white girls (or a girl of a different race that is whitewashed) when I'm dressed casual/scrubby. When I'm dressed GQ I seem to get the most attention from Asians and Indians. When I dress like an a$$hole, haha, beanie, goatee, leather jacket, etc, I get the most attention from Latinas and Blacks. Have several black female co-workers who never paid me much attention until recently. Came to work with my hair slicked back, just for something different, and goatee grown in and suddenly they started telling me how good I look and how much they like my hair. When I dress weird but with lots of style, even feminine looking with black eyeliner and shiet, I am a magnet for Asians. Asian girls open me and guys come up and give me props all night, especially in the clubs.

Oh...

I had a short trip to Amsterdam and Romania a couple months ago. It was my first time in Europe and yeah, most definitely the dress style was much more fitted and tailored-looking. It immediately struck me that almost everyone dressed like they were models. The only "normal" looking people were American tourists. They stuck out as bad as tourists do here in the states. Don't know if it means anything but every store I went into the salepeople asked if I was Dutch. haha.

I have a small frame and the clothes they sell over there fvcking fit me perfectly! I was amazed. Normally I have to get my shiet tailored. Next time I'm out there I'm bringing more cash for that a$$.

Also, very few fat people. Some chubby but nothing compared to here in the states.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soma
I had a short trip to Amsterdam and Romania a couple months ago. It was my first time in Europe and yeah, most definitely the dress style was much more fitted and tailored-looking. It immediately struck me that almost everyone dressed like they were models. The only "normal" looking people were American tourists. They stuck out as bad as tourists do here in the states. Don't know if it means anything but every store I went into the salepeople asked if I was Dutch. haha.

I have a small frame and the clothes they sell over there fvcking fit me perfectly! I was amazed. Normally I have to get my shiet tailored. Next time I'm out there I'm bringing more cash for that a$$.

Also, very few fat people. Some chubby but nothing compared to here in the states.

As for approaching girls out here...

Gotta agree with Jake here. Here's what I've observed....

I find that I get more looks from white girls (or a girl of a different race that is whitewashed) when I'm dressed casual/scrubby. When I'm dressed GQ I seem to get the most attention from Asians and Indians. When I dress like an a$$hole, haha, beanie, goatee, leather jacket, etc, I get the most attention from Latinas and Blacks. When I dress weird but with lots of style, even feminine looking with black eyeliner and shiet, I am a magnet for Asians. Asian girls open me and guys come up and give me props all night, especially in the clubs.

ta-da! See? :) I knew I was onto something... :p