Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The rise of female only gyms

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
On my local news station just so a promo for the story tonight on it. About female only gyms so women don't have to worry about men looking at them why working out. Of course the commercial makes it seem like guys are pervs.

Reminds me of that court case like 10 years ago. Some lady was suing the dentist or something she worked for because of "sexual harassment" and the judge said a comment about women wearing revealing clothing and they should expect guys to look if they do.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
On my local news station just so a promo for the story tonight on it. About female only gyms so women don't have to worry about men looking at them why working out. Of course the commercial makes it seem like guys are pervs.

Reminds me of that court case like 10 years ago. Some lady was suing the dentist or something she worked for because of "sexual harassment" and the judge said a comment about women wearing revealing clothing and they should expect guys to look if they do.
Pretty sure this has been around for a while. Lucille Roberts from 70s - 20s comes to mind. Prob. still around today.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes because the gym is one of the only places left where you can stand on equal or higher ground than a woman can, it's an affront to the female ego, remember women are more masculine today, they take staring as confrontational not any sort of interest or romance, several short glances is different but staring at somebody who has masculine energy is never a good idea.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Pretty sure this has been around for a while. Lucille Roberts from 70s - 20s comes to mind. Prob. still around today.
Yes, they’ve existed for decades now, Curves gym for women opened in 1992, they’ve been through some ups, downs, and closures, but there’s one operating here in my town, and they still had 367 franchise locations a couple years ago…

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Yes because the gym is one of the only places left where you can stand on equal or higher ground than a woman can, it's an affront to the female ego, remember women are more masculine today, they take staring as confrontational not any sort of interest or romance, several short glances is different but staring at somebody who has masculine energy is never a good idea.
Muscular women are a turn off. They don't look feminine.

I think the soccer player build is perfect. Like Morgan Brian for example. Toned in the right areas, nice legs, not overtly muscular like some women gym rats are now. Some men are attracted to women with huge muscles.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Just tell them that you identify as a "woman", if they refuse to let you in sue them for discrimination.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In some cases that can be useful. We can't blame women for that.

Some guys don't know how to appreciate women's beauty with some respect. Some don't even know what respect is. Most of us here know about that, but out there... Everything is possible.

Some women probably abuse about that and use to send their hate into someone. Some other women, just want to feel free from that.

There are sick women and sick men out there.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscular women are a turn off. They don't look feminine.

I think the soccer player build is perfect. Like Morgan Brian for example. Toned in the right areas, nice legs, not overtly muscular like some women gym rats are now. Some men are attracted to women with huge muscles.

How muscular are you talking? Women that aren't taking growth hormone/roids generally dont/can't get that muscular as they don't produce enough testosterone or eat enough of the right food consistently.

Women simply can't turn into Arnie by weight training for a while. Hell, a lot of men barely put on muscle when training, for one reason or another.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

How about men-only cigar lounges so that men don't have to worry about getting fleeced when they go out for a drink?

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they’ve existed for decades now, Curves gym for women opened in 1992, they’ve been through some ups, downs, and closures, but there’s one operating here in my town, and they still had 367 franchise locations a couple years ago…
An old girlfriend of mine years ago owned a Curves. I went in there numerous times for her (I'm a plumber) to trick out her lunchroom with nice fixtures. They were "ALL" over weight girls. Lots of dancing and they seemed to be having a good time. So I thought it was a weight loss kind of joint.

Billtx49

Reaction score
They were "ALL" over weight girls. Lots of dancing and they seemed to be having a good time. So I thought it was a weight loss kind of joint.
Exactly. The fat azz girls club. They could have cared less about toned abs etc.
Group treadmill exposure for weight loss in an anonymous environment …
It was named Curves for a reason.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How muscular are you talking? Women that aren't taking growth hormone/roids generally dont/can't get that muscular as they don't produce enough testosterone or eat enough of the right food consistently.

Women simply can't turn into Arnie by weight training for a while. Hell, a lot of men barely put on muscle when training, for one reason or another.
Correct. My last girlfriend was a true gym freak. She's training for 10+ years and does competitive amateur bikini/bodybuilding contests. When she's not in competitive form, she has just an awesome trained body. The competitive form with much less bodyfat and the muscles popping out was not my thing, because she naturally became kind of edgy and masculine in the face - but only because of the little bodyfat.

But with the right amount of bodyfat and natural training no woman will become masculine from lifting weights

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. The fat azz girls club. They could have cared less about toned abs etc.
Group treadmill exposure for weight loss in an anonymous environment …
Why not just join somewhere like Planet Fitness that's cheap if you're just doing cardio? Besides, those large chain gyms you see lots of fatties mixed in so who cares if someone sees you're fat.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Ask the women that join women only gyms for the privacy factor and support they think they need…
I just don't see the issue if you're fat. I mean I wouldn't be looking at them anyway! I see lots of fat people when I went to the gym. At least they're attempting to lose weight instead of just sitting around.

The last chain gym I belonged to had people of all ages in a busy area I lived in. Even the hot chicks I never noticed men gawking a lot. Most these days at the gym are too busy glued to their phones and ear buds watching something while doing cardio.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just a marketing gimmick though will never last

We all know most women love being checked out as much as we love checking them out....that's the main reason they even go to the gym in the first place

the girls in my gym, short of wearing lingerie couldn't dress anymore seductively if they wanted too , they wear leggings a size too small and sports bras that look like bikini tops

I actually train a lot better when they are around i think it produces more testosterone

Was training Sunday morning and there was a brunette there with the best a$$ i have seen in a long time , coincidently also had a very good chest session

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
The story aired, here is the text to it.

I call BS. I've been a member at 3 different gyms over the years including one in my hometown that has a lot of younger women working out. I've never seen this type of constant harassment this broad is describing here. usually the men keep to themselves unless they know the person.

Women exaggerate stuff all the time. She might have been hit on twice in a few years.

More women report being harassed while working out - NBC2 News (nbc-2.com)

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Female only spaces are a good thing because all the lesbians, man haters, married chicks, feminists, etc. Will go there and more of the women in the normal people spaces will be fair game

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women I know who go to the gym admit they hope to meet a guy at the gym and even go to more expensive/exclusive gyms in order to meet guys that are more well off. The available ones won't be going to women-only gyms. But if my wife/girlfriend went to a women only gym? I'd be ok with that.

What's the problem? Want to cry a little bit?