The Reminder

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The MM Forum is great in a way that there are some really deep thinkers here, dwelving into the deep abyss of their minds to bring you something real to think about and to ponder. Unfortunately, when this deep focus is turned to the subject of women, I think it has the tendency to backfire on progress and potential with women.

Discussions on why women flake so much and the such are all fine and dandy, but then you get deeper and deeper into trying to figure things out, and the threads take a turn for the worse. Entire genders are generalized too simply (and often at the benefit of the gender here), and behaviors are scutinized to the point where there is a good chance you will never understand why a SPECIFIC woman is acting a certain way. To that effect, I will say that 90% of the time something doesn't go your way with a woman, it had nothing to do with you. And shouldn't even be thought about, much less scrutinized to a bloody pulp.

When you try and break down something as unexplainable as women to a SCIENCE, and bring in theories and number breakdowns, you are essentially trying to predict irrational behavior (think of how silly that sounds), so that you can act accordingly. The problem with this, is that your actions are now based on expecting something irrational, without really even knowing the specifics of the situation.

Next thing you know, you have all kinds of excuses for your own bad behaviors, that could even be called irrational themselves. And worse than bad and irrational behavior, is a bad outlook which is where I see a lot of this "too much thinking" heading.

I think it is much more productive to figure out who you are as men, and how to act when anyone treats you in a manner that isn't respectful, IN GENERAL and in life, than sitting around trying to figure out if all women are indeed evil creatures plotting your demise, and what to do about dem evil b!tches.

This would be called...

Putting things in perspective.

If a buddy or new acquaintance isn't returning your calls or flakes a couple of times on plans, what do you do? You stop trying to initiate things, usually. You don't sit around and wonder if he is sh!t testing you, or with another acquaintance, or if there is something wrong with you. You write it off as either he has a lot going on right now, or he is just a shmuck. And you don't waste your life energy on it.

Why should it be any different with women?

Stop looking so deep into it...

Stop looking FOR it.

It is common wisdom that love (ahem excuse me) I mean a successful connection, is more likely to find you when you are not looking for it. This is because if you aren't spending so much time and energy looking into women, you are probably spending it on yourself. And becoming a more interesting, happy, and well rounded individual... you know, the type of guy women flock to.

And the better you know yourself, the more confident you are in making decisions regarding the people around you. It won't matter if the person flaking on you is named Tim or Tina, because they should be treated the same way. You won't have to spend negative energy on figuring out the science behind the "AW" species, or the phenomenon of "sh!t tests". You could just go off of pure common sense and human decency.

In a nutshell, the more you try to figure out women in general, the less you will understand them, and you could lose yourself.

The more time you waste on trying to understand bad behavior, the more negative your outlook will become, and the less success you will have.

This forum is great for a general guideline on what to do with women and their sometimes incomprehensible ways, however the deeper you go into it, the less you are going to truly understand what is right on the surface.

You are essentially looking for something, which is why you aren't finding it. And then some of you are even taking it to the extreme, and concluding it just must not exist.

One way you know you need a break from thinking about women, is when you realize you think nothing good about them. At this point, disengage! Spend time and energy on what makes you happy... and hopefully one of those things is yourself! You aren't doing yourself or anyone else any favors by sitting around stewing in negative energy. If women have you feeling so negative, forget them for awhile and focus on something positive!

This is a reminder to keep it simple.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you could have just said, ' sometimes a spade is a spade'

The whole psychoanalysis's thing can be interesting conversation pieces from time to time. Ultimately, I read this forum to see if others have experienced various downfalls with women I have had. Most of the time someone indeed has, and I can learn something from that.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
That's not a bad post coming from someone like you iqqi. The thing is you are seeing posters as being more negative than they might actually be. A person doesn't have to be ignorant or ignore things to be positive or happy. It's just a matter of not being gullible.

Last edited:

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
The MM Forum is great in a way that there are some really deep thinkers here, dwelving into the deep abyss of their minds to bring you something real to think about and to ponder. Unfortunately, when this deep focus is turned to the subject of women, I think it has the tendency to backfire on progress and potential with women.

Shockingly I think I'll have to agree with the iqqi on this one.

The deeper down the rabbit hole I go the more I realize how much I don't really need a woman in my life, and how I don't really miss not having one. I find women diminish my life more than add to it. This is, of course, due to the piz-poor character of the modern woman, and not because they are corrupt by nature.

I'd rather have peace of mind than a piece of azz.

Too bad the rest of the post was iqqi saying that she's too stupid to figure the womens out so don't you mens try bothering to does it.

:yawn:

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
When you try and break down something as unexplainable as women to a SCIENCE, and bring in theories and number breakdowns, you are essentially trying to predict irrational behavior (think of how silly that sounds), so that you can act accordingly.
You don't really believe in all that Feminine Mystique noise, do you?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
You don't really believe in all that Feminine Mystique noise, do you?
I don't believe in a lot of the drivel that is flooding this forum right now.

Most things that are "unexplainable" are really just common sense "duh"s that people don't want to see as being so simple. They'd rather make it complicated and not address the real issue, which is most likely themselves.

But I guess it is science! Its kind of like Christian Science... if you know what I mean. :down:

This post of mine is so ABC, its crazy that it even needs to be said. But sometimes people just get caught up, I guess.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
iqqi said:

Most things that are "unexplainable" are really just common sense "duh"s that people don't want to see as being so simple. They'd rather make it complicated and not address the real issue, which is most likely themselves.

But I guess it is science! Its kind of like Christian Science... if you know what I mean. :down:

This post of mine is so ABC, its crazy that it even needs to be said. But sometimes people just get caught up, I guess.
I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much here. There are a number of guys who are just now beginning to learn who they are and what they need for motivation. You, crouching on your stoop like a fvcking gargoyle, are in no place to tell someone else how fvcked up they are.

Think about it.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is the one and only post I have seen you make that was actually an attempt at adding something to the forum.

Are you feeling ok?

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thing is, at the end of the day you are still a woman posting on a men's forum pushing your female imperatives. It's not even subtle, it's vary blatant at times. I'd feel differently if you offered some kind of insight, which some women are capable of, but that goes against most women's interests, which is understandable.

There is a time and place to have deep discussions about whatever topic you like, and this forum is definitely that place. Some people actually enjoy challenging what they know about life and having thought provoking discussions. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look "deeper" into things.

These are just some of your more obvious moments right here in this thread.
iqqi said:
When you try and break down something as unexplainable as women
iqqi said:
Discussions on why women flake so much and the such are all fine and dandy, but then you get deeper and deeper into trying to figure things out, and the threads take a turn for the worse.
iqqi said:
Stop looking so deep into it...

Stop looking FOR it.
iqqi said:
In a nutshell, the more you try to figure out women in general, the less you will understand them, and you could lose yourself.
Funny thing is, you probably aren't even aware you're doing it.

Think about the reason why there exists "The Mature Man" forum. If you want to keep things "simplistic" this isn't the forum for you. All criticisms aside, there are times when one over analyzes things, but these can be addressed on a case by case basis. You're fighting a losing battle...(here at least).

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Tazman.

The Mature Man forum is here to get deep, to deconstruct issues and find the root cause and solutions to problems among having many other great and indepth discussions.

The Don Juan Discussion forum for everybody is the place where posters are supposed to sing cumbaya together and not be very serious at all and discuss meaningless to moderate issues.

The Don Juan Discussion forum is where the oldschool hater posters, unrepentant AFC's and iqqi would find themselves to be most happy in rather than trying to drag down the quality of The Mature Man forum.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:

Rollo Tomassi said:
No woman, regardless of how attractive can overtly say, "I'm going to use my sexuality to make men comply with my wishes, provide for my needs and agree with my thinking." Any woman who'd do so is automatically an overt, grand manipulator who's broken the cardinal rule of the women's fight club - never talk about or directly acknowledge the covert contrivance. Those who do, open themselves up to easy attack in women's sexual competition combat and men who figure the real nature of the contrivance must be marginalized and shamed for even attempting to figure it out.
ABC

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blatant insults and flames aside, you are all missing the point. Probably on purpose.

My point is not that women are mysterious creatures that you will never figure out. My point is kind of the opposite. STOP trying SO HARD to figure someone else out, and figure yourself out. When you know where you stand as a man, then you know what to do in almost any given situation, regardless of gender.

Becoming some master plate juggler or C+F comedian, mastering some show, isn't going to fool proof your life with women. You can write all the essays in the world on why women do what they do, and you still won't understand the bigger picture. These are great tools, but they aren't some science.

But if you want to sit around on sosuave all day long and get to the point where you conclude that single women are a myth, and the world has descended into the darkness of some feminazi matrix, then more power to you. I was suggesting that you take a break from thinking so hard about it, and then you might realize its actually not that complicated... or bad.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A highlight from the article Rollo linked to:

"Precious few females encourage men to snag women with a combination of ****iness and a biting sense of humor...

If you heed bad female dating wisdom, you'll be a very confused and uncertain man. Don't be that guy. Women want challenging, confident, mystery-engulfed men. Unfortunately, they are often unwilling or unable to tell you. Or maybe they're unwilling to face it."

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing is more threatening yet simultaneously attractive to a woman than a man who is aware of his own value to women.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi, your audience that this thread is directed towards is a handful. Realize that most of the guys who post/lurk here don't need this "reminder" because they have never taken it to the extreme of "attempting to rationalize an irrational behavior". In rare cases that they have gone that far, they're told about it.

Instead of posting a thread, perhaps you should have PM'ed this information to the posters who need to be told this the most (you know who I'm talking about).

Anyway, I suggest you let this thread die out because you're starting to look like that annoying old aunt who is overly critical and a know-it-all.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this forum is almost becoming un-readable.

the over analyzing is unreal here.

##17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL.

That's what I love about iqqi--she complains about the stuff we all post, and yet she can't stay away...Actions speak louder than words.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's a guy thing that iqqi can't understand. It's like when chicks go on and on about puppies and kittens and babies and stuff, sure they are cute but after awhile it's overload. But they can talk about that crap forever.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
Maybe it's a guy thing that iqqi can't understand. It's like when chicks go on and on about puppies and kittens and babies and stuff, sure they are cute but after awhile it's overload. But they can talk about that crap forever.
Ah, thanks for this comparison. If I overheard a group of girls talking about puppies and kittens, but the conversation was about how manipulative and selfish those spoiled puppies are, and how kittens have taken over the media, and a good little kitten is impossible to find these days (the Myth of the Good Little Kitten), then I'd probably suggest that they take a break from puppies and kittens. They don't HAVE to pursue a puppie at the moment, and kittens will always be there.

If they are becoming so negative about the subject matter, then it is going to affect their attractiveness as a person. Then they start seeing everything as some master plan to "get them", and where is the joy in that?

Like this gem:

Rollo Tomassi said:
Nothing is more threatening yet simultaneously attractive to a woman than a man who is aware of his own value to women.
WHY on god's green Earth, would that be threatening? :confused:

OH! Yes, because then We Women couldn't manipulate and lead astray the poor man victim as easily. Which of course is Our plan. We like Our prey supplicating and clueless, I forgot. :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid a funny man! With wit and ****y humour! It is like... Kryponite to Us.

See once again, my point is not so much a suggestion to stop using techniques taught here.

It is when the discussions become so analytical and starts to lead to extreme negativity, it is no longer productive.

Dating is supposed to be fun. Not ADVERSIAL. It isn't war.