Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The pope died apparently now

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I don't know but having CNN hold a vigil just so they can update the exact moment of your death is just another example of whats wrong with the current state of the media.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well this sucks :(

Oh well, he probably should have resigned a while ago. He was a great man though.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sad thing is, I'm sure the cover page for all the newspapers was prepared weeks in advance... and yesterday was a day off for all reporters.

RIP J-P

Dominus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
Poor Bastard should have been allowed to die ages ago.
Allowed to die? You mean by us or by God?:confused:

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
well this sucks :(

Oh well, he probably should have resigned a while ago. He was a great man though.
Are you serious? The pope can't frieken resign. The man has sworn his life to god and all of mankind. He is the heir to the holy see of rome and father to 1 billion catholics. He holds the position directly descended from St.Peter, the holder of the keys to the kingdom of christ.

....yeah, he'll just resign. Dumbass. I can't believe people even say that. I'm not catholic (or christian) but I'm still amazed people think the man with the keys to the kingdom can resign. I suppose the Dalai Lama should resign too?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most young people don't know much about him and what he did. He lived during nazi occupation and when the holocaust was going on in poland, he was very poor. He helped bring democracy to his people of Poland and bring down communism. Campaigned for human rights, anti materialism and war, and the sanctity of life. He campaigned to heal the rift with Jews and bring religions closer together.

The only thing I worry now is that this is bringing us closer to THE END. Reminds me of the prophecies end times and how after John Paul II we would have 2 more Popes, including a black pope (evil imposter pope) and the anti-christ, world war 3 prophecies etc.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reminds me of the prophecies end times and how after John Paul II we would have 2 more Popes, including a black pope (evil imposter pope) and the anti-christ, world war 3 prophecies etc.
whoa. Where are these prophecies from?

Dominus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double_Diamonds
Are you serious? The pope can't frieken resign. The man has sworn his life to god and all of mankind. He is the heir to the holy see of rome and father to 1 billion catholics. He holds the position directly descended from St.Peter, the holder of the keys to the kingdom of christ.

Popes have resigned in the past. Church law is silent on the matter. The most clear cut case of a pope resigning is Celestine V in the 13th century, who didn't want to be pope in the first place (he was a monk who told the Church that things would go to hell if they didn't elect a new Pope, as it'd been years since the last one, so they elected him). After 5 months, he resigned. The subsequent Pope put him under house arrest, though.

Urban VI didn't really resign, but the cardinals declared him dead (arguing that since he was deranged, he couldn't function as a human, and was therefore dead) and elected Boniface IX, leading to the Great Schism.

The last pope to resign was Gregory XII, in an attempt to end the Schism in 1415.

It has been done. but is pretty much frowned upon.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double_Diamonds

....yeah, he'll just resign. Dumbass. I can't believe people even say that. I'm not catholic (or christian) but I'm still amazed people think the man with the keys to the kingdom can resign. I suppose the Dalai Lama should resign too?
You're honestly gonna argue with someone who's a catholic his whole life? Perhaps you should do some research before making stupid comments like that.

Edit: Do you even know how the pope becomes the pope?

Reaction score
Its time for the antichrist to assume his position...

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
whoa. Where are these prophecies from?

NEXT POPE COULD BE A...JEW???

Jewish-born priest is 'pope's man in Paris'
Some see Cardinal Lustiger as successor

PARIS (CNN) -- The Archbishop of Paris, who often stood at John Paul II's side during the Pope's recent visit, has been mentioned as a possible successor. But even that could not be quite as remarkable as Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger's life so far. Born into a Jewish family, he converted to Catholicism at age 14 before joining the priesthood. His mother was one of thousands of French Jews deported to German concentration camps during World War II. She died at the camp in Auschwitz, Poland.

Forceful and intelligent, Lustiger rose through the church hierarchy, thanks in no small part to his close relationship with Pope John Paul II. But, along the way, Lustiger upset some people in both the Catholic and Jewish establishments.
False Prophet revealed?
"So, with all that said, I'd like to take a look at one who may be the next Pope, the Archbishop of Paris, Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger. He fits many of the assumptions that Bible scholars believe the False Prophet will have. He's Jewish and has a magnetic personality. Many Jews, Catholics and unbelievers admire him. He fills the Notre Dame Cathedral when he says Mass and as Professor Colin Netteleck said, "when he walks through the crowd it is a sight to behold." The article I read calls him; "One of the world's most influential and charismatic intellectuals." And what really got me was the quote about Jesus; "I'm sorry Jesus Christ did not have a good public relations office because maybe he wouldn't have had the bad problem of being crucified." Bad problem of being crucified? And this guy could be the next Pope?"

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Words can't do justice to the most travlled pope in history. His acts were beyond words.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Incredible man.

He was Polish, and during the Nazi occupation worked for 4 years on land that my family owned, and he also baptized my cousin. Thanks to his efforts, my dad was able to get out of communist Poland and come here. I never met him, but cried when I heard the news. This man is, as the President said, a "hero for the ages". My dad is hard as a rock, but even he was shook.. very good man, and I really respect him. The stuff he did in San Francisco with the AIDS victims was very good, and his work to bridge the gap between Judasim and Christianity was very good too.

People like that make me believe in humanity again.