the old myth about women's sexual peak in their 30's

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Hold on... you quote a guy who's "theories" you don't completely agree with. So why are you using Kinsey for "fact" to back up your own theories and calling people who don't agree with him a "feminist"?

If Kinsey's studies are only "theories" that you base your own "theories" on, your argument isn't factual. Therefore, calling Wayword a "feminist" is based on nothing but ideas, both yours and Kinsey's.

I personally don't believe Kinsey's reports, not because I'm a feminist, but because he's not very credible.
Desdinova...see my last post.

About the sexual peak thing...I've seen studies regarding hormones that play into sex drive...but I have no clue where to find them now...it was ages ago. I don't have the time to go look stuff up or I would.

Kinsey has been relentlessly attacked by Judith Reisman...and the woman doesn't know her arse from her elbow. She is NOT a Psychologist or Biologist. She is a Communitcations major. The woman has drug Kinsey through the mud for ages...and she is not and never was qualified to do so. She was a freaking singer on Captain Kangaroo for crying out loud! He was a double degree Psychologist/Biologist.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
There are plenty of studies...but I am not going to do the research for you. I'm writing a paper in between posts and I have a test tomorrow. I want to get another 100, afterall. Can't screw up my 4.0 GPA.

Then may I suggest you not make clinical assertions you are unwilling or unable to back up with solid sources? As an aging woman yourself i can understand your personal need to defend your ego, but this really only emphasizes the point I originally made in that this myth is a necessary social contrivance for aging women. To my knowledge Kinsey never perfomed clinical tests that prove that women in their 30's have a greater capacity to "enjoy" (which is subjective to begin with) sex more than women in their 20's or their 40's for that matter. Furthermore the surveys he did conduct took place in the 1930's & 40's and were primarily focused on the Kinsey Scale which rated degrees of sexuality from 0-6, with 6 being homosexual and 0 being heterosexual (applied to his own standards I might add). Thus causing a big stink amongst the conservatives of the day, otherwise you'd never have even known his name.

The truth of the matter is that never has there been a decisive clinical study done that could possibly evaluate individual sexual enjoyment across female specific control groups in particular age ranges and even if you could find participants (female ones that is) who could be trusted to be unbiased in their estimates, each one of their sexual experiences would be subjective to their own personal conditions as well as that of their partners.

But don't let that stop you from perpetuating a feminine social contrivance that benefits you in your own personal conditions.

Wyldfire said:
If you disagree with Kinsey then you agree with Feminists...that's the bottom line. Personally, I think it's hilarious.
I assume you're aware of how irrational you come off here? I'd expect more from a 4.0 psychology major.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo...he had dual degrees. And like I said...I don't agree with everything he wrote...but to not point out that Judith Reisman is NOT any kind of authority on the subject would be irresponsible.

I have seen studies about hormone levels and sexual desire in women. At least one of those studies involved the changing hormone levels. It's been proven that testosterone has a major impact on sexual desire in women. There have been cases of medical problems with the adrenal glands causing extreme boosts in testosterone that actually caused women to behave in a downright deviant way.

I don't have time to dig around for them now. It wasn't online that I saw them...and it was a long arse time ago.

(I was trying to sound like wayword...so I'm not surprised I sounded irrational...but I am surprised you didn't spot the sarcasm.)

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
I have seen studies about hormone levels and sexual desire in women. At least one of those studies involved the changing hormone levels. It's been proven that testosterone has a major impact on sexual desire in women. There have been cases of medical problems with the adrenal glands causing extreme boosts in testosterone that actually caused women to behave in a downright deviant way.
And testosterone levels go DOWN, not UP, from 20 to 35, though.
As women age, their testosterone levels drop so that at age 50 it’s roughly half the level it was at age 25.
Testosterone vs age chart

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
And your chart sides with me, silly boy.

Notice when a normal woman's testosterone is at is HIGHEST? Yep, right there smack in the middle of the 30-34 age range. Apparently you just ignored that huge spike in testosterone levels. Here's a tip...if you're going to try to argue with someone, don't provide arguments FOR them. :crackup:

Okay...now I'm going to go study.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ Uh, I guess you haven't studied statistics yet? Too hard a science for you?

Come back when you learn about random sampling and means.

Or if you're too stupid for that...just follow the yellow line on the graph sloping downwards after 20... ;)

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
If you disagree with Kinsey then you agree with Feminists...that's the bottom line. Personally, I think it's hilarious.
This is a great example of a false dilemma

Rollo Tomassi said:
I assume you're aware of how irrational you come off here? I'd expect more from a 4.0 psychology major.
Ahh well, maybe he didn't take a philosophy 101 elective like i did, hee

Road Demon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
And your chart sides with me, silly boy.

Notice when a normal woman's testosterone is at is HIGHEST? Yep, right there smack in the middle of the 30-34 age range. Apparently you just ignored that huge spike in testosterone levels. Here's a tip...if you're going to try to argue with someone, don't provide arguments FOR them. :crackup:

Okay...now I'm going to go study.
Wyldfire it's a best fit curve. NO, it decreases steadly downward from age 25.

I believe the Testosterone to estrogen ratio is more important than absolute Testosterone values.

Degrees don't matter. Who cares about your 4.0 GPA, your IQ, or that you need to study to get a 100? Lets try not to create a smokescreen about the fact that you original assumption is based on social propaganda, not biology.

Kinsey was a pioneer...he was charting uncharted waters. He laid the foundation for others to follow up on in terms of disproving his hypotheses. That is how Science progresses.

RD

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
The chart is wrong, by the way...because a woman's level of testosterone actually gets higher as they age...that's why some of your grammy's get hairs on their chins. By higher I mean in comparison with estrogen levels. (Unfortunately I have to clarify and be specific with a few of you, hence the edit)

Road Demon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
The chart is wrong, by the way...because a woman's level of testosterone actually gets higher as they age...that's why some of your grammy's get hairs on their chins. By higher I mean in comparison with estrogen levels. (Unfortunately I have to clarify and be specific with a few of you, hence the edit)
Wrong. The chart is correct, as it only ploted the testosterone levels. You bought up testosterone, as your argument was oversimplified. You arguement was flawed to begin with.

Now do you mean Testosterone or DHT? DHT is normally response for the observed hair growth.

The 'testosterone to estrogen ratio' that changes as women age. I mentioned about the ratio. So actually the both testosterone and estrogen decrease as women age. At menapause, Estradiol dramatically drops off, while testosterone decreases more slowly begining the mid 20s in women. fyi: Estradiol is the primary 'estrogen.'

It is much more complicated than you allude to. The Hypothalmic Pituitary Gonadal Axis has number of interelated pathways. You can't just talk about Testosterone and 'Estrogen'.

You arguement is flawed on many levels. Please try NOT to throw biological terms into the mix until you have a comprehensive understanding of the field.

RD

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
As for a woman's sexual peak...it IS in her 30's. Women in their 30's have a stronger sex drive. It's been proven time and time again. You may not like it, but it's true.
FALSE.

Mid 20s is their peak. I know that based on REAL LIFE experience as I have been with women from late teens to 20s to 30s and even 40s.

One thing is for sure...the one in their mid to late 30s as the one in their 40s try to get the men via sex. By doing some crazy stuff. But that is temporary. It is something for the purpose of getting the man "hooked".

Another FACT...a "hot" woman in her 30s and 40s was MUCH MORE hotter in her 20s. A woman that lacked "sexuallity" in her 20s...is going to get MUCH worst in her 30s and 40s.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Apparently some people here are confusing sexual peak with fertility peak, which are two entirely different things. A woman's desire and sex drive does peak in her 30's. Her fertility peaks around 25, with age 23-28 being the standard range considered ideal.

Yes, I am a woman who went through both stages and I can state quite positively that the sexual desire and sex drive of a woman in her 30's is ten times as strong as women in any other age group. Yes, younger women want sex, too...but for much different reasons...and their own enjoyment isn't it, trust me. Younger women just like to be able to talk to their friends about sex. It's all about competition amongst themselves and nothing at all to do with an actual sex drive.
Based on past posts:

So...you once said that you have not been with a man in like 3 or 5 years? And you claim you are attractive.

And you said you are 38 or 39? So...you have not have desired for sex since your mid 30s.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Centaurion said:
I don't want to be the one swimming upstream, but I've boned 20 year olds and 30-40 year olds. Truth to be told, the chicks in their 30s were FAR more comfortable with their own bodies, did more freaksih stuff and really knew how to work their love muscle. Hell, this 40 year old readhead had the sickest control over her poon that I've experienced.
Do they have a choice?

That's their ONLY weapon in order to compete with the women in their 20s.

But rest assure that if you involved in a LTR with any of them (and for women, at the end...it comes down to that)...the ONE that would give you the most sex (in the long run) and at that, the MOST FREQUENT sex...is the woman in her mid to late 20s. Add some UNDER 35 to the equation too.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StoneSeed said:
Lack of experience and social conditioning might restrict many younger women's "sex drives." Many older women are too worn out by work, whether career or housework and kids, to have a sex drive. I just think that too many factors play into this to generalize.
Having a "sex drive" and having "sexual experience" is NOT the same.

Sex drive is "WANTING" more sex.
Sexual experience is "KNOWING" about sex more.

I rather have a woman that WANTS more sex...that is in great physical shape...

The experience part? I can take care of that. ;)

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
Dr. Tracy is trying to do single women in their 30's a favor...because they are human and lonely. Try to see the other perspective of things. Society puts alot of emphasis on youth and the majority of men already scrutinize women for their age..Sosuave isn't the only group pf men who realize Dr. tracy's writings are false, and I'm pretty sure even Dr Tracy knows what she is writing isn't true..but I don't think she's approaching it from a logical stand point. I think she's telling women to not feel obsolete because of age.

If you meet a woman that you really like and her age happens to be 32 are you gonna tell her "it's not gonna work because your not biologically suited to have kids"...what if you are 30+ and you meet a 21 year old girl whose' fcukin hot but really stupid, are you gonna say, "I'm going to stick around and date this girl because she's biologically suited to be in her sexual prime"..

Why do so many of you care whether or not a woman who is 30 or older considers herself at her sexual peak...

people are gonna say what they want, live and let live, who cares
Age is a perspective thing.

A woman that is 32 is a young woman and one that is not that far from 28 or 29.

35+? Too old for a man that is 38 or 39 or younger. However, if the man is 45? Or 55? That's a different story.

At what age, a man typically start losing CONSIDERABLY his erection? In his late 60s? At what age does a woman typically start losing her desire for sex? Typically in her early 50s. That's BIOLOGY. That's why older men and younger women match.

disillusionist

Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
"Fine, I'll do the freakin' research, doofuses "

According to this publication:

Publication Date: 22-MAR-02
Publication Title: The Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality
Author: Schmitt, David P.
If you guys want to know what all those citations are, you'll just have to look up the canadian journal and buy that full article for $5.
um, is that what you did? or did your 'research' consist solely of skimming the abstract?

if you'd actually read it, you'd see that the conclusion of the article with respect to the topic is that: "women in their early 30's seem to experience a peak in sexual desire as measured by subjective feelings of lust and behavioral manifestations of seductiveness and sexual activity." ... which is basically what the thread is about, notwithstanding people's confusion with frequency, and fertility.

on a subjective note, this 'myth' actually does accord with my own personal experience in that i find that lots of chicks at that age seem to be (and tell me they are) more horny, desirious of sex and responsive... but thats just my experience.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was never too impressed with Kinsey.

Props to him for piorneering on a topic that was taboo back then. But that's about it.

4.0 and IQ over 150? Who cares?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Based on past posts:

So...you once said that you have not been with a man in like 3 or 5 years? And you claim you are attractive.
I participate on other forums having both men and women. Trust me, the person posting as Wyldfire (at least in this thread) is no woman.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this thread and I'd rather not close it, so lets keep things civil people.