The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

SlappaDaBayyys

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was doing well, man. I've been working out and building my confidence back up. It's definitely time to start getting out there and spinning plates again.

My brother is Facebook friends with her and he just told me that she switched her status to "In a Relationship" with this dimwit. He likes all the same **** I like and he even sort of looks a little bit like me. Weird.

Is branch swinging like that and going straight into another relationship the sign of a low quality woman?

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, now move on.

Tell your brother to remove her from his friends, cut every form of communication with your ex.

Noyou

Don Juan
Reaction score
SlappaDaBayyys said:
I was doing well, man. I've been working out and building my confidence back up. It's definitely time to start getting out there and spinning plates again.

My brother is Facebook friends with her and he just told me that she switched her status to "In a Relationship" with this dimwit. He likes all the same **** I like and he even sort of looks a little bit like me. Weird.

Is branch swinging like that and going straight into another relationship the sign of a low quality woman?
She's a borderline, it's her way of coping with a break up. She will get a guy that looks/acts/feels like you but a lot less work for her, an easier mark. Let it happen. Also it's not weird for them to date someone that looks like you, it means a couple of things:

1. She isn't over you, even if she won't admit it
2. She's looking for you in another guy but easier to get and to mold to what she wants.
3. She's not taking the time to re-evaluate herself after her breakup, so if she came back to you she would be the same

Had the same thing happen to me with my current ex, she started seeing several guys (pathetic looking I might add) and playing the field, taking pictures on facebook during our "break" and breakup. Didn't last but a month if not less with all of them.

http://gettinbetter.com/anycost.html

Read that link, will help you immensely, and will probably describe your relationship you had with this so called woman.

Yes, now move on.
Tell your brother to remove her from his friends, cut every form of communication with your ex.
I'm just wondering why he didn't cut her out immediately.

Day 121.... I think

Haven't looked at her FB in about 2 weeks, found out I'm going on another engineering trip to represent our company in developing a prototype for their engineering systems.

Sometimes I do miss the intimacy we both shared, but I remember all the crap that came along with it. I can get it else where, and have been getting it else where. Who knew money/leaner muscular body/good guy additude would get beautiful women, lol.

I should thank my ex but that would mean she played a role in my success and that is far beyond the truth.

Last edited:

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 11 - feels like it's getting easier.. Deleted all numbers, social networking, etc. Out of sight out of mind.

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Colette said:
no , it has nothing to do with being crazy . If one`s sadness prolongs more than usual it wont hurt to seek some help.
Oh I see. I have no trust for therapists and behavioral health "professionals" so I don't see myself going down that road.

Darrenez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 45

Man time has gone really fast

I have been keeping myself busy with weight lifting 5 days a week just to get back to being strong again, pilates (to help with muscle imbalances) and mountain biking. These 3 are things I was never doing before when I was with my ex so its kind of like a fresh start. I've also brought a new bed and have hidden away blurays and gifts she has brought me

However saying this, I still do miss her and some days are worse than others, I guess 6 years can do this to you. I'm not going to break my NC however as it would be failing everything I've achieved so far. If she does in the future want to get into contact with me, she will. I do think things in my mind about contacting her but nothing good will come of it.

Nearly at the 60 day mark so I'm pretty proud of myself, I know she will be in contact at somepoint as I still have her engagement ring, I think she is just letting the dust settle for now or could be with someone else.

Blackmesa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 23

I feel awesome, now I think the breakup was the best thing that happened to me, I am becoming a new person, the kind of person I've always wanted to be.

I started dating another girl yesterday, I think by the end of the date I realized I completely got over the end of the LTR. SoSuave was of paramount importance in enduring this trial. Thank you guys.

And for everyone suffering like hell: The first couple weeks are usually terrible, but you will get better. Read a lot on SoSuave, start reading the DJ Bible, it will help more than you can imagine.

Regards,

Blackmesa

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
narcissist said:
i miss her soooooooooooooo much its unbelievable

i am honestly so close to contacting her, i just want to hold her f**k

i know im the one who broke up with her because she cheated but i cant stop f**king thinking about her

please stab some sense into me guys

im dying here

i can feel myself slowly falling into a pit of depression knowing that she will never be in my life again, knowing that ill never kiss her again, or make love to her

life f**king sucks

LMFAO. What on earth was I thinking?! :crackup:

Jeez this was only 8 months ago.

8 months into NC now and well I can safely say that life is in fact fvcking AWESOME! I am going tomorrow to sleep with a plate from my school for the second time, and I feel very content with how my life has been playing out! :)

Knowing that I will never kiss my ex again or see her again really does NOT phase me in the least bit.

It is amazing how time can heal even the strongest of wounds!

Hold in there guys!!! STAY STRONG! NC is the WAY TO GO!!! :) :up:

Good Luck!

SlappaDaBayyys

Don Juan
Reaction score
Noyou said:
She's a borderline, it's her way of coping with a break up. She will get a guy that looks/acts/feels like you but a lot less work for her, an easier mark. Let it happen. Also it's not weird for them to date someone that looks like you, it means a couple of things:

1. She isn't over you, even if she won't admit it
2. She's looking for you in another guy but easier to get and to mold to what she wants.
3. She's not taking the time to re-evaluate herself after her breakup, so if she came back to you she would be the same

Had the same thing happen to me with my current ex, she started seeing several guys (pathetic looking I might add) and playing the field, taking pictures on facebook during our "break" and breakup. Didn't last but a month if not less with all of them.

http://gettinbetter.com/anycost.html

Read that link, will help you immensely, and will probably describe your relationship you had with this so called woman.

I'm just wondering why he didn't cut her out immediately.

Day 121.... I think

Haven't looked at her FB in about 2 weeks, found out I'm going on another engineering trip to represent our company in developing a prototype for their engineering systems.

Sometimes I do miss the intimacy we both shared, but I remember all the crap that came along with it. I can get it else where, and have been getting it else where. Who knew money/leaner muscular body/good guy additude would get beautiful women, lol.

I should thank my ex but that would mean she played a role in my success and that is far beyond the truth.
Thanks for the link brother. I read through it, and although she's extremely narcissistic and self important, I don't think she fits the description in the link. This girl was constantly complimentary of me, to the point where she was calling me perfect and telling me she loved me so much literally 3 days before she abruptly dropped me by text. We never had an argument, she was never in any way emotionally manipulative, and she was affectionate and we were having sex right up until the end. It was like she just changed her mind over night. She did bad mouth ex-boyfriends a lot though, so I guarantee she's talking **** about me to this other guy.

Thanks for the reply, man. Time to move on from this bull**** and find someone better.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BY THE WAY! Anyone that has any questions or wants advice! PLEASE feel free to inbox me!

We are family!!! I am there for you guys! We will get through this sh1t TOGETHER!

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The walls fell!

Day 35
Just received a call from her, after ~30 days of NC from her side. I seriously thought I'll never hear from her again, but you guys were right saying she will come back :crackup: Brothers, you make girls seem so predictable!

No, I didn't answer, and I was scared that she'll leave me a voice mail but luckily she did not.

Keep your hamster spinning girl...I won't give in to you and your diabolic plans ! :mad:

Colette

Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
Day 35
Just received a call from her, after ~30 days of NC from her side. I seriously thought I'll never hear from her again, but you guys were right saying she will come back :crackup: Brothers, you make girls seem so predictable!

No, I didn't answer, and I was scared that she'll leave me a voice mail but luckily she did not.

Keep your hamster spinning girl...I won't give in to you and your diabolic plans ! :mad:

hahahaa you sound so happy , enjoy it till it lasts, you deserve it.

Shaka

Don Juan
Reaction score
A little revenge can make you feel good :)

But be careful not to set back. You're at a turning point right now !

Best of luck

Dtsm3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 15

I'm feeling like apsolute **** today. Honestly really bad!

I have I see the long term ex to sell my house, and she just winds me up with everything she does. I left her, and I can't stand her anymore. I really hate her and can't wait until the house is sold and I can say that final sweet goodbye. She is the laziest, most selfish ***** in the world! Brothers you've never met a women like it.... You lucky bastards! I lived with it!

I also feel like **** cause I've got no one. No one to talk to, no one to help me through my days. I feel very lonely. And the short term ex hasn't made any contact and I've heard she's started dating some loser. I didn't want to know, but a mutual friend told me.

So I feel like ****. I really wish I could fast forward 6 months

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
narcissist said:
LMFAO. What on earth was I thinking?! :crackup:

Jeez this was only 8 months ago.

8 months into NC now and well I can safely say that life is in fact fvcking AWESOME! I am going tomorrow to sleep with a plate from my school for the second time, and I feel very content with how my life has been playing out! :)

Knowing that I will never kiss my ex again or see her again really does NOT phase me in the least bit.

It is amazing how time can heal even the strongest of wounds!

Hold in there guys!!! STAY STRONG! NC is the WAY TO GO!!! :) :up:

Good Luck!
Just like to jump in this to inform you all.

Time WILL NOT HEAL SH*T!!!

It wasn't time that healed your wounds man, and you know it!

It was the positive attitude, and all healthly habits you've aquired throughout this 8 months that made you got better!

This go to all of you. If you sit on your asses, waiting for time to heal anything, be prepared to wait for a long long time....

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uncharted said:
Thanks for the update - always great to hear a good ending.
No problem buddy! I was not going to put one up because I believe to be truly over a girl you just forget about her and don't give her your time of day, but I am over her enough to post something up that may motivate others to try harder and push through their break up with more strength!!! :)

Lotus Effect said:
Just like to jump in this to inform you all.

Time WILL NOT HEAL SH*T!!!

It wasn't time that healed your wounds man, and you know it!

It was the positive attitude, and all healthly habits you've aquired throughout this 8 months that made you got better!

This go to all of you. If you sit on your asses, waiting for time to heal anything, be prepared to wait for a long long time....

You know what? you are absolutely right Lotus!!

Time doesnt heal sh1t..... ALONE.

You need time to get over somebody but that hurt/time it takes is PROLONGED if one does not incorporate it with a healthy lifestyle, perpetual betterment, and an overall will to change their life for the better.

So I rephrase my earlier statement.

It is AMAZING how time mixed with a will to make your life the best it can possibly be by never giving up and always pushing for perpetual betterment can truly help you heal the wounds that life throws at you!

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaha thanks guys. :)
I am truly happy, but I can't keep from wondering what does she want?
She most likely already slept with one (or more) of her orbiters as she can't handle herself at all, is she expecting me to get back together with her ?? LOL!!!
Fvck off you dirty wh0re!

Colette

Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
Hahaha thanks guys. :)
I am truly happy, but I can't keep from wondering what does she want?
She most likely already slept with one (or more) of her orbiters as she can't handle herself at all, is she expecting me to get back together with her ?? LOL!!!
Fvck off you dirty wh0re!

no I don't think she wants you back, she probably is nosy and wants to find out what you are up to .