Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The male social stigma behind sex

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
It's funny...the other day I was driving to work and I came up with this makeshift scenario.

Suppose one day an enchantress appeared to you and offered you a proposition: you would be able to have any woman you wanted, regardless of any other situation or circumstances. Any woman you had sexual desires for you could have wild, animal sex with. There's only one catch: NO ONE would ever know about it. Meaning your family, friends, all the guys on sosuave.com, everyone would think you were still a virgin. The women themselves would know you were banging them, but they'd think that they were the only girl you ever had sex with. Even if you tried to tell them, they'd never believe you.

Of course I'd take that deal. :D But then I got to thinking about how hard it would be for me to actually live with that arrangement. I know that often when I see a hot girl, one of the first things I think about is, "Can I gain props by showing her to my friends? How would me banging this girl affect my 'coolness' level?"

We all talk about the social stigmas that women deal with when having sex (the whole "I don't want to come off as a slut" thing). It seems that men have powerful social stigmas associated with sex as well. To them, it's a symbol of status among peers. I find myself in the debilitating position where I'm trying to hook up with women not to satisfy my own desires, but to impress my friends, both in real life and here on sosuave.com. I know that usually when I get digits/kiss-close/etc with a girl, I HAVE to tell at least one or two of my close friends.

Which leads me naturally to the conclusion that I'm approaching women and trying to get laid not because I WANT TO, but because I have something to prove. And it's not always to other people...sometimes it's to myself. A REAL DJ should be comfortable creating his own self-image and not need approval from anyone, even his own ego.

When I approach a particularly attractive woman, I always think to myself, "Hey, if I can land her, then I'll be the man among my peers!" So I end up putting a lot of stress on "success" with this girl and I end up forgetting about just having fun, and needless to say, I end up losing her. Whereas it's the not-so-hot girls that I kind of ignore because I can't "show her off" that I end up seducing, because there's no concern with status. She's just another ho.

Think about a so-called "natural DJ" that you know. Chances are he was pretty popular back in school. Who knows why this person was popular. Maybe he was rich and had nice clothes and a nice car. Maybe he was extremely talented at something. Maybe he was active in a lot of things. Maybe he was the bad kid that gave the teacher a hard time. The AFC sees this and thinks, "women are shallow! They only go for the popular guys!"

If you take a more DJ look at this, the REASON that girls go for these guys is because they are self-assured and confident! When they pursue a girl, they do it because they WANT to. They're ALREADY popular, so they don't need to prove themselves by netting hot women. You may notice that lots of times, the Alpha male doesn't even TALK about his conquests in great detail, except when called out about it by lesser Beta males. An Alpha doesn't go telling his friends what girls he's banging, it's the Betas that say, "Did you bang her? How far'd you get? Whoah!"

Then the Betas assume that popularity comes from banging hot chicks, so they endeavor to go out and bang the best women out there and come back and tell all their friends, so they can be elevated to Alpha status.

The thing is that the title of "Alpha Male" isn't a socially-granted title. It's something that has to be achieved at an individual level...you either ARE or you AREN'T.

All this time I've been approaching women for all the wrong reasons: to prove something to my peers and to prove something to myself. Not because I was horny and had genuine desire for these women.

Weird, huh? :)

So why do YOU "chase the cat"?

silverdog

Don Juan
Reaction score
what?? i wouldnt give a rats ass what people think, i am all for it!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to go out and try "pick up" the hottest girls just to proove things to myself, to proove i could do it. But now I am over it, I have prooved to myself I can get with stunners. Now I only have one flaw left, I sometimes meet girls who are just average, but are so much fun, although I NEVER date them cause I think that my friends and my family will lower their opinions of me. REALLY STUPID I KNOW, but I cant help it, I am trying to work on it, any ideas?

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would I also not remember that I banged the girls? Because that would be beyond perfect. I can't think of a better arrangement. I mean, I should remember that I had sex, just not with whom. Cool!:)

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
Now I only have one flaw left, I sometimes meet girls who are just average, but are so much fun, although I NEVER date them cause I think that my friends and my family will lower their opinions of me. REALLY STUPID I KNOW, but I cant help it, I am trying to work on it, any ideas?
So...what you're telling us is that the opinions and the thoughts of others controls YOUR life? You'd rather be bored to death on a date with an HB9 than having a blast with an HB7 to impress your friends? Is that a DJ talking? Isn't it more important to be confident in what YOU think? I'm not saying to lower your personal standards, but how silly does that sound..."Gee I can't go out with you because my Dad & my friends don't think you're as cute as my last girlfriend".

My friends have told me "He's not very cute" or "He's kind of heavy" to which I reply "Good! Then you won't be fvcking him behind my back, will you?"

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can say Im not a DJ I don't care but I love sharing my conquest stories with my good friends. I don't tell everyone but the 2 or 3 guys who I know are my true friends I do brag to them and they brag to me. The married ones love my stories I think they live vicariously through me, my single friends also enjoy the stories. I enjoy theirs as well. Im not the type of person to tell everyone my business but in my circle of friends its what we do.

I keep hearing a "DJ would never tell." Huh why not? I trust the people I tell and they trust me. Its something we do together as friends.

I enjoy sex, with women, I would also enjoy having sex with women if no one knew about it. I don't get my pleasure from the fact that I will be telling my boys later, I enjoy the sex act itself. The bragging later on only makes it better.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by princelydeeds

I enjoy sex, with women, I would also enjoy having sex with women if no one knew about it. I don't get my pleasure from the fact that I will be telling my boys later, I enjoy the sex act itself. The bragging later on only makes it better.
That's the important thing...sometimes I feel like I focus PRIMARILY on the social fame and approval, instead of the act itself.

SOmething I need to work on, that's all. :)

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
That's the important thing...sometimes I feel like I focus PRIMARILY on the social fame and approval, instead of the act itself.

SOmething I need to work on, that's all. :)
Honestly Ive done a few for the team. Ive gotten with a chick just because everyone else liked her and I could have her. I don't think it makes you flawed I think it makes you human. Im shallow sometimes, I get with women becasue i can. Oh well I accept that. i get with some women because I can and most other people can't. Whats wrong with that? I accept that about myself and I realise it makes me flawed like most other humans. Whats wrong with being proud of an accomplishment? If getting with a chick makes you happy, well heres too accomplishment, heres to getting what you wanted, congratulations share it if it makes you happy.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WaterTiger
So...what you're telling us is that the opinions and the thoughts of others controls YOUR life? You'd rather be bored to death on a date with an HB9 than having a blast with an HB7 to impress your friends? Is that a DJ talking? Isn't it more important to be confident in what YOU think? I'm not saying to lower your personal standards, but how silly does that sound..."Gee I can't go out with you because my Dad & my friends don't think you're as cute as my last girlfriend".

My friends have told me "He's not very cute" or "He's kind of heavy" to which I reply "Good! Then you won't be fvcking him behind my back, will you?"
The thing is this, REPUTATION MEANS MORE THAN LOOKS. I am not a bad looking guy, and my reputation is HIGH HIGH HIGH, all the people in my social groups, peopel I know, family friends KNOW my past girls have been absolute stunners. Now, if I bring home and start hanging out with an average girl, my reputation will be KILLED. I KNOW I AM AN IDIOT!! I could be missing out on the greatest girl in the world because of my own stupid personality flaw. But it is jus the way I am.

And that last comment I loved, because that is the only thing I can justify with dating an average girl, at least guys wouldnt be trying to fukc her behind my back. Cause oh it does happen, over the years I have realised just how disrespectful guys can be just to get a girl. I have had guys try to pull all kinds of crazy a*s sh*t to steal my previous girlfriends, although it has only ended up with her teasing them to me, it still gets REALLY frustrating, especially when every single time you go to a club or a bar you get guys trying to hit on her, even the bartenders sending her over free drinks. Now if I dated an average girl I could have fun, and wouldnt have this kind of sh*t getting to me.