The Journal of Mr. Pink: Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In

Mr_Pink

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you know how you guys would say if I stopped trying to meet girls, one would come to me?? Well, guess what happened??

Let me explain. Lately, I've been talking to the girl who sits behind me in English a lot, and getting to know her really well. We have a lot in common, and get along really good. But, she's was dating this guy for a year and a half. Notice how I say 'was'??

Well, I was talking to her today, and they just broke up. I managed to get her mind off of it, and got her to laugh a lot, which is a pretty damn good feat considering she just got dumped by a bf of a year and a half. So, since we get along so good and all, and I didn't have to force myself to get to know her, I'm thinking that maybe next week and should ask her if she wants to get together sometime or something like that.

But, I want your opinions. She just got dumped by her bf of a year and a half, so I figure it will take her some time to get over him, so how much room should I give her, without backing off too far to not appear interested?? And how much should I try to be there for her and help her with this, without falling into the LJBF trap??

I figure this is the best chance I have right now, and do think this girl is really, really cool, so I don't want to f this up like I have in the past. So... what would you suggest??

-Mr. Pink

Revlis

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're the guy to take her mind away from the breakup. Take her out and show her a great time that leaves her wanting more. DO NOT be the shoulder for her to cry on.

Have fun you stallion!

Mr_Pink

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shall do. But next week. I was talking to her today in class and she looked like she had been crying all day and was on the verge of tears yet again, so this week would be bound for failure since she obviously doesn't want to do anything...

-Mr. Pink

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pink:

I think what will REALLY help you be successful is to stop posting a journal about every possible scenario you have on the table. The more you "think" the less successful you'll be. I'm not say YOU specifically just in general. Once you have the whole DJ mentality down, you just have to roll with it and things will happen. Don't feel so forced to have a girl all the time. Just live life and have fun. Have no expectations. And stop chasing one girl, talk to 15-20 girls, hook up with them, and things will happen from there.

BTW, I will comment on this situation. I can see you headed down the emotional tampon highway with this one. This girl's a wreck right now, she probably still cares about her ex-bf deeply. You can try and arrange a get together, but don't become her emotional tampon.....YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

PIMP

Jay Fiedler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pink, do not be so desperate as to put hope into this girl. Anyone who has gone through a hard breakup can tell you how tuff it is, the last thing anyone wants at the time is to think of another relationship right away, and people that have just broken up LOVEEEEEEEEEEE to talk about it with others, its kind of therapuetic. So leave this one alone.

And like I have told you before and pimp said as well, quit obsessing over so many different scenarios. Get your self in shape, go after some 5's, 6's, and 7's to get yourself rolling, THEN go from there.