The Day-Date, ever had it work for you?

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a busy guy, and I've given some thought to taking girls out during the daytime. A drink in the afternoon, whatever. The the aptmosphere is completely different, isn't it? Not romantic enough, is it? Give me your experiences.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ikkenai, the sarcastic poster:

I don't do day dates because I find that it causes the probability of a lay close to decrease.

Social stigma calls nighttime sex after a date "having sex", while afternoon sex a "morning quickie". One gives the connotations of a slvt, which women are programmed not to accept.

Its ok if you've already had sex with a girl. But if its pre-sex, its not that good of an idea.

But this is from a PUA, not a DJ-LTR guy.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it all depends on your goals.

If you're with her to use her physically ONLY then night is your best bet, if you are trying to build a relationship then anytime works. I find lunch dates to be very laid back and relaxing.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. Lunch dates have a time constraint, as well as the vibe of something that you would be doing anyway regardless of whether or not she was there, versus something special that you are doing just for her - date awkwardness. I think this is in part why movies make for such bad dates - most people would not go to a movie alone.

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it's mostly to keep my schedule moving, I get a lot of girls and I can't find places in my evenings for each of them... working out, homework, etc.

I'm not down for the first-night lay, but I'd like to get as far as possible. I just haven't had much experience there, whereas I'm a pro at night-date.

What do you do on day-dates? Go for drinks? I don't like eating with girls, because I'm a bodybuilder and I eat like a marine at chow time.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My greatest lay

My greatest lay was pulled off via a day date that preceeding the evening date.

We met for lunch. Had lunch. I walked her to her car and gave her a big hug for "too" long and asked her to meet me in the evening. She agreed. I laid her on the second meeting which was after work that night. There was a lot to it, but the relevant portion is that day dates can work, especially if you follow up with a night date that evening.

If you can't be free in the evening ask her over stating you'll make lunch, ask her to bring lunch, or claim you want to watch a movie with her. I've had luck with all of these but those weren't first meet fcloses that I remember offhand.

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
day dates are prolly more for people my age because not a lot of people my age are allowed to stay as late...

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always do lunch dates as a first date because if it is going poorly I can always think of an easy way to bail out and it's less stressful and also cheaper.
Second date I always do as a night date because of aformentioned reasons.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by upcomingDJ
day dates are prolly more for people my age because not a lot of people my age are allowed to stay as late...
or us older folks who go to sleep at 9 PM and get up at 5 AM during the week :)