The Dating Pool Dropouts

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I sense may of you will find this article validating, as it reflects much of what we have been discussing here for years.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Well not everyone is living in a coastal or first tier city making those inflated salaries, or paying $10 for a gallon of reconstituted OJ. Or paying $3200mo for a 1br 600 sqft apt.

The men described are average joe schmoes, the bulk of the US male population.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I sense may of you will find this article validating, as it reflects much of what we have been discussing here for years.

The sad part is they don't have to be any of those things really, they just believe they do.

Reminds me of the experiment they did where a panel of glass was put in an aquarium between fish on one side and a shark on the other. The shark repeatedly kept trying to go eat the fish and ramming into the glass. Eventually it just gave up.

Then they took the glass panel out of the aquarium and waited to see what the shark would do. Surprisingly it just swam up to where the glass had been and stayed there without even trying to go past it because it has been conditioned to believe that it was now impossible and so it didn't want to feel the pain of running into it anymore.

Similar situation. They want to protect their ego from the pain of being "rejected" but the only barrier in their way are their own self-limitint beliefs.

Sure, they might not be able to get the women they want at first and may never truly be able to get a 9. Many men never are. But there is no reason whatsoever that a guy cannot get a 7.

I have seen so many fugly dudes who are fat, nasty and out of shape that have pretty wives and girlfriends that you cannot tell me it is not possible for any guy to at least get that. And no most of these guys are not rich or well off either. The women are with them because they actually like them and some appear to be head over heels for them.

Sometimes the overfocus on money, looks and gym leaves to an empty personality and that is one of your greatest assets along with confidence that you actually believe you are deserving of those women.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys in the article seemed like bottom 20% shlubs. Those women’s income requirements are for Betebucks Billy.
Not all were bottom 20% shlubs.

The case of Jammall is a tough case. His $55,000 annual income is very average. His biggest problem is height. He's 5'5". A 5'5" guy has to either be extraordinarily charismatic or have at least $200,000 annual income.

The 26 year old guy who works as a banker is likely not bottom 20%. Banker is a vague term that could mean nearly any job in banking. His biggest problem is geography. He wasn't making enough to afford Los Angeles rents (though his earnings might have been decent) but he moved to a small town in Middle America. The rent is cheaper in small town Middle America, but there aren't enough dating prospects in small town Middle America.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all were bottom 20% shlubs.

The case of Jammall is a tough case. His $55,000 annual income is very average. His biggest problem is height. He's 5'5". A 5'5" guy has to either be extraordinarily charismatic or have at least $200,000 annual income.

The 26 year old guy who works as a banker is likely not bottom 20%. Banker is a vague term that could mean nearly any job in banking. His biggest problem is geography. He wasn't making enough to afford Los Angeles rents (though his earnings might have been decent) but he moved to a small town in Middle America. The rent is cheaper in small town Middle America, but there aren't enough dating prospects in small town Middle America.
5’5” without a damn good face & solid body is extremely difficult. There is no evidence from the article that he is either handsome nor jacked. And his name sounds ethnic. So no JBW card for him. I think this guy would have trouble dating even 20 years ago.
The banker guy could be in the 50% category.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She says it’s never been easy to be Joe Average on the dating market but things are rougher now that the average man’s salary, which hovers just above $61,000 in the U.S., is hardly enough to afford rent in most major American cities. Yet still, many women hold out for men who make not just as much or more than they do, but are also wildly attractive
For the average American woman, the odds of marrying or being in an LTR with a man who makes much more money than her and is also "wildly attractive" are pretty much nil.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the average American woman, the odds of marrying or being in an LTR with a man who makes much more money than her and is also "wildly attractive" are pretty much nil.

If 80% are BELOW average. Then far less than 20% would be above average. ‘Wildly attractive’ would be 5%? And financially well off? Maybe 3%?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5’5” without a damn good face & solid body is extremely difficult. There is no evidence from the article that he is either handsome nor jacked. And his name sounds ethnic. So no JBW card for him. I think this guy would have trouble dating even 20 years ago.
The banker guy could be in the 50% category.
If a guy is 5’5” the LAST thing he should do is get jacked. It just looks all sorts of weird. He’s better off doing HITT or something like that. Definitely being in shape, but to get all bulky and be short is going to get him even less results. I’m 5’10 and I refuse to lift heavy to bulk up, it would just look weird on my frame. I’m perfect around 185lbs and it matches my frame. I workout to remain lean over bulk.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a guy is 5’5” the LAST thing he should do is get jacked. It just looks all sorts of weird. He’s better off doing HITT or something like that. Definitely being in shape, but to get all bulky and be short is going to get him even less results. I’m 5’10 and I refuse to lift heavy to bulk up, it would just look weird on my frame. I’m perfect around 185lbs and it matches my frame. I workout to remain lean over bulk.
maybe so. He should at least be noticeably fit.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As we have consistently said on Sosuave, THIS is the ONLY problem. The height, the height, the height.

I have woman friend who has a 28 year old son (she got pregnant at 18), he is making minimum wage. Girlfriend is decent looking, 8 months pregnant right now. Why? He is 6’3.

There was woman in my building, 5’9, I met her as a setup, she met another guy too. I could buy the guy 10,000 times over. She picked him over me. Why? He was 6’1.

The “6’0, six figures, six whatever” is all garbage. The only thing that matters is height, I’ve never ever had a girl ask me “how much you make?” I’ve never ever had a girl say “how are your reproductive parts?” But women take one look at my height, not 6’1 and I’m done.

Men, make sure get tall first. You have to get tall before you can be considered datable with hot girls in 2023.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess.

It's the equivalent of a mediocre student from a mediocre school expecting his first job out of college to be that of a CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Sheer madness.
The mediocre student was able to intern and get "used" by the ceo... afterwards, she thinks she deserves to BE the CEO after graduation. No, she was just used as a sex toy by chads. She is not at that level.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As we have consistently said on Sosuave, THIS is the ONLY problem. The height, the height, the height.

The “6’0, six figures, six whatever” is all garbage. The only thing that matters is height, I’ve never ever had a girl ask me “how much you make?” I’ve never ever had a girl say “how are your reproductive parts?” But women take one look at my height, not 6’1 and I’m done.

Men, make sure get tall first. You have to get tall before you can be considered datable with hot girls in 2023.
My 5'10" height is considered complete shiit by the average Millennial woman in my dating pool.

Reaction score
My 5'10" height is considered complete shiit by the average Millennial woman in my dating pool.
Let them drown in their dating pool. Find another one.