Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The current Los @ngeles L@kers

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Peak NBA is now. Players now run circles around that era.
It's apples and oranges.

Today's game is all about offense. If teams today treated James Harden the way the Bad Boys treated MJ, they'd be charged with assault.

Today's NBA is soft, compared to the 80s and 90s. Entertaining, no doubt. But soft.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's apples and oranges.

Today's game is all about offense. If teams today treated James Harden the way the Bad Boys treated MJ, they'd be charged with assault.

Today's NBA is soft, compared to the 80s and 90s. Entertaining, no doubt. But soft.
Defenses are also better now. Zone was illegal. Players today would rip up man to man isos all day. You have to be able to shoot in 2021.

James Harden would absolutely destroy the 80s-90s.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dont know if you know but the NBA has been going down hill for the last decade .Poor ratings covid and no new female fans has brought it down.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
more so with the nba.The mlb has shown growth.
For good reason. Baseball is far more conservative and have less liberal messages, so it appeals to the fans that actually go see it. Eventually, the NBA will learn that, too, but I think they're the most ****ed rn. NFL ****ed themselves with the BLM stuff, and they still have the audacity to showcase some of the agendas (including the mask and vaccine d*ckriding show that no one wants to deal with). That's why currently college football is far more appealing. No political bs and everyone out there to have a good time.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
@EyeBRollin Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, and Kobe all say 80s/90s ball was tougher.

267416830_4900505490045793_2403197247111179027_n.png

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@EyeBRollin Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, and Kobe all say 80s/90s ball was tougher.
They are all wrong. Compare a 2021 Corvette to a 1980s Corvette. Players now are bigger, faster, stronger, better shooters and significantly better at ball handling.

Michael Jordan averaging 50 points in the today’s era is flat out bullshvt. He would face the same box and 1s they threw at Kobe, who was the better jump shooter.

Last edited:

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
They are all wrong. Compare a 2021 Corvette to a 1980s Corvette. Players now are bigger, faster, stronger, better shooters and significantly better at ball handling.

Michael Jordan averaging 50 points in the today’s era is flat out bullshvt. He would face the same box and 1s they threw at Kobe, who was the better jump shooter.
Kobe Bryant is not wrong about this.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant is not wrong about this.
In that quote he is wrong. He’s contradicted himself as early as 2019 regarding that.

“For scorers like myself and Carmelo and KD, the rules from the ’80s can be more beneficial for us, because you have to be played straight up. You want to double team, you got to come all the way over. So, for us, I don’t care if you hand check us with three hands. If there’s nobody behind you, you’re not going to stop us. So the zone I think cripples some of the top scorers.”
Nostalgia is well intentioned. However, it’s ludicrous to suggest players are regressing in talent with each passing generation. They are better now. And I’ll take KD, LeBron, Kobe, Curry, and Kawhi vs. any combination of 5 basketball players to ever play this game.

Last edited:

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
In that quote he is wrong. He’s contracted himself as early as 2019 regarding that.

Nostalgia is well intentioned. However, it’s ludicrous to suggest players are regressing in talent with each passing generation. They are better now. And I’ll take KD, LeBron, Kobe, Curry, and Kawhi vs. any combination of 5 basketball players to ever play this game.
Today's typical game is, by and large, a 48-minute long 3-point shooting contest. Nobody's saying today's players are regressing in talent. What we ARE saying is that today's defense is soft compared to the 80s and 90s.

I love this Dennis Rodman moment, and he's absolutely right - "Draymond would be eatin outta the palm of my hand. Keep gettin your teeth straight, honey."

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love this Dennis Rodman moment, and he's absolutely right - "Draymond would be eatin outta the palm of my hand. Keep gettin your teeth straight, honey."
Dunno this is the "my era was better" thing.

It's like with talking with older folks and music.

You talk to someone raised in the 70s and they'll say they had the best music and today's music is crap.

You talk to someone raised in today's environment and they'll say THEY have the best music (I can already see the guys born in a different generation already shaking their heads that this comment. But there lies the issue). And music of the past was boring (they are referring to the sh1t music of that generation. Which there was. Not the best of that generation. Which is what the guys raised in the 70s is referring to). Of course there are those were it's the reverse (they hate their current generation's music and like music of another generation's but this is the minority).

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Dunno this is the "my era was better" thing.

It's like with talking with older folks and music.

You talk to someone raised in the 70s and they'll say they had the best music and today's music is crap.

You talk to someone raised in today's environment and they'll say THEY have the best music (I can already see the guys born in a different generation already shaking their heads that this comment. But there lies the issue). And music of the past was boring. Of course there are those were it's the reverse (they hate their current generation's music and like music of another generation's but this is the minority).

Like most things, this is an argument that will have no clear winner. Everything is personal preference.

For example, I believe that Jim Brown, in his prime, would shred today's NFL defenses. Others will disagree. This stuff is fun to talk about, but there will never be a consensus agreement that one person's right and the other person's wrong.

MissouriMark

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bulls team in their prime vs the Warriors team in their prime would have been a great NBA Finals matchup! Of course what era would this be played in? Early 90's or in this era, and who would be the better team if it was played in each one? I've always been a Jordan fan so that's where my biased is!