Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The current Los @ngeles L@kers

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is an athlete that chose to play basketball. There are many other examples in other sports. His game is neither particularly sophisticated nor aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Athletically highly efficient, but there have been many before and will be many after. To include this guy in the GOAT debate, you need to include so many others as well and really ahead of him. Self-declaration is probably the first immediate sign of a falsehood. A natural athlete is not necessarily a natural at their chosen sport. Frankly, I'm probably a more naturally gifted basketball player, but I'm 6'1 and white. Go figure.
To be honest, the game is so different today versus yesteryear's. Before, you had a lot of killers in the game. Just look at the clip below. You can name all the legends on that one court in those last three minutes. Nowadays, everyone plays this static stale three-point shootout ****show with all these safe rules that keeps the game from going back to what made it good. So it's not hard to stand out. It's just a big shark in a pool of fish.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People work so hard to discredit Lebron’s success.It’s hilarious.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is an athlete that chose to play basketball. There are many other examples in other sports. His game is neither particularly sophisticated nor aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Athletically highly efficient, but there have been many before and will be many after. To include this guy in the GOAT debate, you need to include so many others as well and really ahead of him. Self-declaration is probably the first immediate sign of a falsehood. A natural athlete is not necessarily a natural at their chosen sport. Frankly, I'm probably a more naturally gifted basketball player, but I'm 6'1 and white. Go figure.
So what you’re saying,in a nutshell, is that he is not a good player on a technical level? :rofl:

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what you’re saying,in a nutshell, is that he is not a good player on a technical level? :rofl:
Athletically brilliant, technically sound, but not a gifted player. His game doesn't flow like those of others. Robotic and lacking a certain grace. I've watched a lot of basketball for a long time.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Athletically brilliant, technically sound, but not a gifted player. His game doesn't flow like those of others. Robotic and lacking a certain grace. I've watched a lot of basketball for a long time.
So what about all the players who played with and against him?

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what about all the players who played with and against him?
Dwayne Wade was a more gifted player. Derrick Rose would have been the most successful player of the last decade if it wasn't for the injuries. Curry would definitely have been (even) more successful if he was 5" taller; to name but three.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dwayne Wade was a more gifted player. Derrick Rose would have been the most successful player of the last decade if it wasn't for the injuries. Curry would definitely have been (even) more successful if he was 5" taller; to name but three.
As a Heat fan,no,D Wade was not more gifted.What do you mean “more gifted?”

What happened to Derrick Rose was unfortunate,because there is really no telling what he could have become,but that’s no ones fault.

That Curry thing is ridiculous.What would have happened is he was taller?Better defense?More dominant in the paint?Come on.Besides,who’s fault is it that he’s not taller?How tall was D Rose,to use the guy from your example?

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a Heat fan,no,D Wade was not more gifted.What do you mean “more gifted?”

What happened to Derrick Rose was unfortunate,because there is really no telling what he could have become,but that’s no ones fault.

That Curry thing is ridiculous.What would have happened is he was taller?Better defense?More dominant in the paint?Come on.Besides,who’s fault is it that he’s not taller?How tall was D Rose,to use the guy from your example?
Well, I'll try to explain it more simply....

The likes of LJ, and as another more obvious example, Shaq, use size and brute force to achieve the same ends that other more 'gifted' 'players' do using skill and finesse.

In that same light, Curry, being one of the most dominant players of the last 10years, were he to be slightly taller and stronger, say for example like LJ, would be more dominant still, owing to his greater SKILL level, of playing the game of basketball.

Rose, in another but similar vein, is/was of a more similar type player to the likes of MJ and Kobe, possessing both high levels of athleticism and skillful finesse. I would say Rose has been the closest answer to the two, with the possible exception of Allen Iverson.

To get back toward the original point, LJ does not help himself by being a complete egomaniac, both on and off the court.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'll try to explain it more simply....

The likes of LJ, and as another more obvious example, Shaq, use size and brute force to achieve the same ends that other more 'gifted' 'players' do using skill and finesse.

In that same light, Curry, being one of the most dominant players of the last 10years, were he to be slightly taller and stronger, say for example like LJ, would be more dominant still, owing to his greater SKILL level, of playing the game of basketball.

Rose, in another but similar vein, is/was of a more similar type player to the likes of MJ and Kobe, possessing both high levels of athleticism and skillful finesse. I would say Rose has been the closest answer to the two, with the possible exception of Allen Iverson.

To get back toward the original point, LJ does not help himself by being a complete egomaniac, both on and off the court.
So Lebron can’t pass?Can’t shoot?Has no layup? I think you’re mistaken,you’re talking about Giannis.

You can’t be here talking about,”If Curry was taller,if Curry was stronger...”He’s not.Period.That is no one’s fault. You are trying to paint this picture of Lebron as being nothing more than a brute who has no skill and uses his power to bully defenders.There’s no one way to be great,there’s more than one way to be great.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Lol, that’s not what makes a player great. Idk where people get this. Great players are efficient and have huge impact on the game. Jordan’s Bulls we’re only 1 win short of the conference finals without him when he went to play baseball. Dude had a contender squad. LeBron has taken some ****ty teams way past their potential.
@Barrister @TheMonkeyKing I found some old HS game film of mine. Don't know why I wasn't recruited. Check this out -

Willie Naylor: Sign This Man!

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So Lebron can’t pass?Can’t shoot?Has no layup? I think you’re mistaken,you’re talking about Giannis.

You can’t be here talking about,”If Curry was taller,if Curry was stronger...”He’s not.Period.That is no one’s fault. You are trying to paint this picture of Lebron as being nothing more than a brute who has no skill and uses his power to bully defenders.There’s no one way to be great,there’s more than one way to be great.
Well, you're putting words in my mouth now; while contradicting yourself at the same time. You're trying to convince yourself ahead of anyone else not unlike most LBJ fanboys.

To placate you slightly, I would say that LJ is probably one of the most dynamic players ever for a guy of his size. Once guys start getting towards the 6'10 mark, the skill set diminishes very quickly. That's why the likes of LJ, KD and Giannis and probably KG back in the day are considered like unicorn type creatures.

It's all subjective really. But certain players' styles clearly outshines those of others, as do stats. It's the perennial debate which makes sport so interesting, in large part.

-Curry is about to become the most prolific 3 point shooter, arguably the greatest of all time. Yours is a straw man argument regards my own comments.
-Rose was (is) the youngest MVP ever and his prior potential cannot be argued. Like a splice of Jordan and Iverson; for me, the GOAT never to win a championship, all at only 6'1.
-Kobe was good, very good. But rest his soul, I put him in the same bracket as LJ. Probably the best of his own generation, along with AI.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First jersey I ever got - #33. Not #23. Tells you I'm open to debate.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
My All-Time Starting 5 / this isn't the 5 best players at each position. this is the starting 5 that I think would be the toughest to beat.

PG - John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Karl Malone
C - Hakeem Olajuwon

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My All-Time Starting 5 / this isn't the 5 best players at each position. this is the starting 5 that I think would be the toughest to beat.

PG - John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Karl Malone
C - Hakeem Olajuwon
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Michael Jordan
SM - Scottie Pippen
PF - LeBron James
C - Shaquille O'Neal

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

PG - John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Karl Malone
C - Hakeem Olajuwon
Positions are outdated. These 5 beat any 5 ever assembled:

Steph Curry, Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Kawhi Leonard.

Unguardable squad, everyone can shoot, and cash defensively.

As an example-
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Michael Jordan
SM - Scottie Pippen
PF - LeBron James
C - Shaquille O'Neal
There’s a severe mismatch on offense (Shaq trying to guard Durant LOL) that is drive and kick all day. Defensively, I line up 6’9 260 lb LeBron on Shaq. Even if Shaq gets the better of that matchup the rest of the squad is locked down and you’re stuck with FTs or 2 pointers vs my open 3s all game.

Last edited:

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Positions are outdated. These 5 beat any 5 ever assembled:

Steph Curry, Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Kawhi Leonard.

Unguardable squad, everyone can shoot, and cash defensively.
It's not just about having the most talented individuals out there. Gotta think about team chemistry.

I wanted Stockton and Malone together, because that Pick and Roll was filthy.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not just about having the most talented individuals out there. Gotta think about team chemistry.

I wanted Stockton and Malone together, because that Pick and Roll was filthy.
Chemistry is great in this era unless you playing with Russell Westbrook LOL. The spacing is outstanding and these dudes have all played with other superstars.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm probably a more naturally gifted basketball player, but I'm 6'1 and white. Go figure.
John Stockton is 6'1" and white. He had a good basketball career. Be glad you are 6'1". 6'1" is above the magical 6'0" threshold in dating.

To be honest, the game is so different today versus yesteryear's. Before, you had a lot of killers in the game. Just look at the clip below. You can name all the legends on that one court in those last three minutes. Nowadays, everyone plays this static stale three-point shootout ****show with all these safe rules that keeps the game from going back to what made it good. So it's not hard to stand out. It's just a big shark in a pool of fish.

Peak NBA was something like 1982-1998. The 1980s and 1990s. Jordan's last game as a Chicago Bull was an instant classic.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John Stockton is 6'1" and white. He had a good basketball career. Be glad you are 6'1". 6'1" is above the magical 6'0" threshold in dating.
6’1 doesn’t cut it in today’s NBA. The really short PGs are either freak athletes or outstanding shooters.

Peak NBA was something like 1982-1998. The 1980s and 1990s. Jordan's last game as a Chicago Bull was an instant classic.
Peak NBA is now. Players now run circles around that era. They are bigger, faster, stronger, and more skilled. Most big men couldn’t even dribble in that era.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peak NBA is now.
Why did NBA Finals games get higher ratings in the 1990s than post 1998? The statement would also be true for the regular season and earlier postseason rounds in most cases.

3 point shooting percentages have gotten much better now compared to the 1980s-1990s. Teams also take way more 3 pointers now than they did in the 1990s.

Most big men couldn’t even dribble in that era.
The center position has changed a lot since the 1980s-1990s.