Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Beta Male Anthem!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The cucks here are the guys bringing their girlfriends to these concerts just so they can fantasize about Bret Michaels, etc. They're not really fantasizing about the Tal Bachmans of the world though.
Back in the day, guys in hard rock bands like Poison, Motley Crue, and Bon Jovi banged a lot of women with boyfriends/husbands. Men were also stronger and more masculine in the 1984-1991 era than today. I'm guessing a lot of the women who cucked their boyfriends/husbands with guys like Bret Michaels didn't show up to Poison concerts with their boyfriends/husbands.

In recent years, I'm doubting Bret Michaels has impressed anyone. Women who are 30-40 today weren't alive or wereyoung children when Poison was big.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, not exactly.

The band had already mulled over using their surnames (à la Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young). While on their way back from a gig in Toronto, the group had spotted a copy of a trucker's magazine called Overdrive while dining at the Colonial Steak House in Windsor, Ontario, run by Colonial Jim Lambros. After this, Turner wrote "Bachman–Turner Overdrive" and the initials "B.T.O." on a napkin. The rest of the band decided the addition of "Overdrive" was the perfect way to describe their music.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachman–Turner_Overdrive

They're from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Not exactly what I'd define as Chads or Alpha's. It's a song. Plan and simple.

These are the "Chads" of BTO.

View attachment 8857

One is wearing a shirt with the name Banana and looks like Kermit... One looks like a feminized Kurt Russell. The other two look like Olaf.
I didn't say these dudes were Chads, I said they weren't pussies. The OP singer's dad (Randy Bachman) is the big dude second from the right, the one that's not smiling.

He might be wearing a fur coat because...it's Canada. Go figure.

The entire point of my post is that this dude's son seems to have *no* overdrive, otherwise he wouldn't be writing a Beta Male Anthem

Randy Bachman was also in the Guess Who and is one of the greatest Canadian musicians of all time. I know who he is. He's a nice dude, as most Canadians are, but also tough and no-nonsense as well (dude doesn't drink despite being a rock star and hasn't since the 60's). Maybe this is a case of absentee fatherism due to this dude always being on the road. As we know, absentee fatherism results in betaized offspring.

This was the guy who put the muscle in American Woman (the original version). The song is about being forced to fight in Vietnam as a Canadian citizen working in America. The "woman" is a derisive reference to the Statue of Liberty. This is the kind of statement that jeopardizes careers and takes balls to record and promote. Balls not present whatsoever in "She's So High", the song in the OP.

Just thought the juxtaposition was interesting, was all.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't say these dudes were Chads, I said they weren't pussies. The OP singer's dad (Randy Bachman) is the big dude second from the right, the one that's not smiling.
Yeah, a guy can be masculine without being an alpha or a Chad. Now days guys seem to want to put you in one camp or the other, either you're an alpha or you're a simp. That simply isn't true, there's a whole spectrum of behavior. Although there were probably more masculine everyday men in the past than there are today, since the culture has tried so hard to emasculate men and make them more feminine.

Old bastard that I am, I remember the Guess Who and Bachman-Turner Overdrive (later just called BTO). I kind of liked BTO, weren't great but good. Bachman even wrote a song called "Hey You" which skewered his old Guess Who bandmate, Burton Cummings. I didn't realize that the guy who sang "High Above You" was Randy Bachman's son. Or if I did, I forgot.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Old bastard that I am, I remember the Guess Who and Bachman-Turner Overdrive (later just called BTO). I kind of liked BTO, weren't great but good. Bachman even wrote a song called "Hey You" which skewered his old Guess Who bandmate, Burton Cummings. I didn't realize that the guy who sang "High Above You" was Randy Bachman's son. Or if I did, I forgot.
Nothing beats the guitar strumming on this BTO classic:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing beats the guitar strumming on this BTO classic:

Classic phucking tune. In case anyone is wondering, the singer was poking fun at his little brother who had a stuttering problem. Unfortunately the son seems to have taken the "any love is good love" line a little too far lol.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Classic phucking tune. In case anyone is wondering, the singer was poking fun at his little brother who had a stuttering problem.
That's true, but the funny thing is I remember reading about the song in a music magazine back when it came out. And it gave a story that they were recording the album and had one more song to do, but Bachman's voice was shot, so he couldn't hold his notes for long. So he put in the stuttering. There was a lot of "misinformation" back in those days, even before the internet, and even before they got rid of the Fairness Doctrine. But I think my favorite BTO song is "Let it Ride", which is sung by C.F. Turner.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is another song with a beta message. A lot of the songs of the 1970s/1980s had beta messages. I think part of it was done to sell music because even then most men were beta. Being a beta male in the 1970s-1980s wasn't as big of a problem as it has been since the 2000s.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is another song with a beta message. A lot of the songs of the 1970s/1980s had beta messages. I think part of it was done to sell music because even then most men were beta. Being a beta male in the 1970s-1980s wasn't as big of a problem as it has been since the 2000s.
Man, you picked the worst song of their 3 big hits. Here are two better ones

But let's stop to listen and think. Do the songs, aside from the lyrics, *sound* beta? Imo, they sound quite seductive, and most chicks aren't going to think you're a loser if you put this on when they're at your place. You can say the same for any well-known song in the black r&b canon as well (these song being blue-eyed soul). But perhaps there's a perceptual difference due to our perceptions of white dudes vs. black dudes.

Let's not forget the fact that comfort game works when delivered seductively - that's not necessarily beta. The singer in the videos isn't a beta. Most dudes in the 70's were not betas overall despite being blue pill. As long as you're somewhat masculine, beta messages can work as comfort enhancers and move you forward in the seduction. The key is showing her you have a sensitive side without verbalizing it. Obviously, you can't just go up to a girl and sing these lyrics, but if you can deliver the overall vibe these songs produce, you're in.

And these are good tunes for a Sunday, dammit.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you picked the worst song of their 3 big hits. Here are two better ones

But let's stop to listen and think. Do the songs, aside from the lyrics, *sound* beta? Imo, they sound quite seductive,
"You're the Only Woman" as a song title screams scarcity mentality. All 3 of the Ambrosia songs sound way better than the Tal Bachman song at the beginning of this thread. All 3 are more masculine and less wimpy than Tal Bachman. Overall, musicians were more masculine in the late 1970s/early 1980s than 20-30 years later.

most chicks aren't going to think you're a loser if you put this on when they're at your place. You can say the same for any well-known song in the black r&b canon as well (these song being blue-eyed soul). But perhaps there's a perceptual difference due to our perceptions of white dudes vs. black dudes.
Most women under 40 are not going to be that familiar with Ambrosia. Ambrosia and other similar soft rock/blue eyed soul from that period is acceptable music at your place.

Let's not forget the fact that comfort game works when delivered seductively - that's not necessarily beta. The singer in the videos isn't a beta. Most dudes in the 70's were not betas overall despite being blue pill. As long as you're somewhat masculine, beta messages can work as comfort enhancers and move you forward in the seduction. The key is showing her you have a sensitive side without verbalizing it. Obviously, you can't just go up to a girl and sing these lyrics, but if you can deliver the overall vibe these songs produce, you're in.
Mostly accurate. As said earlier, beta and blue pill wasn't as problematic for the Boomers in that era as compared to later generations (mainly X'ers and Millennials) 2000 and later.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured out what the deal was with Tal Bachman and his Dad being a weird mix of alpha and beta - these dudes were/are Mormon. Randy Bachman was so into it that he left the biggest band in Canada at the height of their success in 1971, and no one would work with him because he was perceived as a huge square. He had to get his old hometown friends and younger brothers to form a band with him. Randy didn't drink or smoke and he wouldn't let his brothers get laid while on tour, otherwise they were out of the band. The guitar player in You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet was kicked out of the band because of this.

So that's the environment Tal Bachman grew up in. Plus, the cultural niceness that Canada is known for.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tim McGraw is probably the biggest cvck out there, and this is his submission. It might be the best beta anthem of all time.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only "beta male" songs that won't dry up pu5sy are r&b songs, which have the opposite effect.